Xbox One

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Ekona

Re: Xbox One

Post by Ekona »

If Kinect is used sensibly, then integration should be seamless with 'core' gaming (see ME3 and GRAW2 for examples), which means it can only improve has we interact with games. Developers have been less than keen to use it so far probably due to the relatively low take up rate of Kinect, however since every XB1 will come with this tech then why not include it? After all, it may just make your title stand out from the others if you get it right.

I struggle to see much of a benefit of the PS Eye to core games, but we shall see. Since the original PS Eye was such a complete failure, it remains to be seen if Sony can convince developers to do anything with it.

If you asked me to make a prediction at these very early days, I'd say that the PS4 will become the gamers choice as the PS3/360 are now, but that the XB1 will go on to sell by the bucketload in the same way the Wii did. It may not be as cool, but the home integration thing could (should?) really ensure that every home has one.

WiiU? Dead as a dead thing, even more than the Vita. Over here and the US, at least.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Just watched the xbox one E3 reveal. Looks outstanding! Some damn cool exclusive games coming out for it and battlefield 4 and titanfall both look excellent.

Its coming out start of November and will be £429. :thumleft:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

It's available to preorder on Amazon in the US $500
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

DannyN wrote:It's available to preorder on Amazon in the US $500

and Amazon uk
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Nice. :thumleft: sony are trying to undercut Microsoft with the prices like the 360 did with the ps3. Will only help matters to the consumer as Microsoft will offer deals to make as many sales as possible obviously.

Games on both consoles are gona be £50+ though :(
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

thai boxer wrote:Games on both consoles are gona be £50+ though :(

Good value for a game you can finish in a few hours and then it's worthless.. Oh well, so long as M$ have their pockets lined, that's all that counts.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Magic Beans wrote:
thai boxer wrote:Games on both consoles are gona be £50+ though :(

Good value for a game you can finish in a few hours and then it's worthless.. Oh well, so long as M$ have their pockets lined, that's all that counts.

..and Sony are what?...a small low key company not interested in making money at all? :lol: Sony are doing exactly the same thing mate and like I said the games will be £50+ on both consoles.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Magic Beans wrote:For me this is the key difference http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/11/e ... connection

Agreed. Microsoft will have to answer this one for sure! They've already said that they are not restricting games but giving the choice to the game publishers as they want to make money on every purchase, new and used, of their games.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

:D Yeah I direct dig at Microsoft and rightly so. Lets see what they come back with.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Quite funny for Sony really, didn't know they had it in them.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Rogue

Post by Rogue »

There's a surprising amount of people bitching about how they don't have an internet connection...

...on the internet...
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Rogue wrote:There's a surprising amount of people bitching about how they don't have an internet connection...

...on the internet...

:lol: exactly what I was thinking mate!
Lee8ballauto

Post by Lee8ballauto »

ill not be buying one anyway ill just stick to my 360 elite lol i fail to see why we should have to pay to play used games etc on this i mean with the dlc on nearly all games microsoft must make a fortune anyway i mean i must have spent about another £50-60 on dlc on forza 4 after spending £50 for the game to start with lol
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

How many used games do you buy?
Lee8ballauto

Post by Lee8ballauto »

In the last year probably about 25
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

The whole used games/trade in details have not been 100% confirmed and no one knows how exactly it will work if it will even go a head at all. I've been reasearching it as much as possible on the net and readig exactly whats been officially released from Microsoft and the game publishers. It's definitely a pita and not what any gamer wants at all but there are some real perks to the set up on the xbox one also. According to Microsoft you can 10 friends on your friends list that can use and play ANY game on your xbox one from any other xbox one thats online. Thats pretty damn cool. You can also trade and sell used games online, no exact details how yet. You can also lend games to other friends online but again no exact details.

The whole DRM on used games is a complete nightmare and not what us gamers want at all but I can see why the publishers want it (not that I give a sh*t at all about them making millions!) and why Microsoft have done it (not justifying it in the slightest).

Publishers have already officially said that they CAN also block used games on the ps4. Sony definitely without doubt are not telling us the whole story about the exact details of how the ps4 will work online and what will happen with the used games. There is absolutely no way that a publisher will block their used games being played on the One and allow them to be used/traded/borrowed on the ps4. Absolutely no way. The whole 'doesn't need to be online' statement was obviously another direct dig at Microsoft and isn't totally true either. There is a lot of information on the net about it all at the mo. Sony were just clever telling everyone what they wanted to hear and not telling them what will happen with the console.

I think Microsoft should drop the whole DRM thing straight away and listen to what nearly every gamer and potential consumer of their console is saying right now. The price isn't really a problem, its next gen so its obviously going to cost more than current gen. The Internet connection isnt a problem to anyone who has the net and these consoles are next gen online machines so it would be ridiculous to think you wouldnt need the Internet with them.

The games are looking amazing and will only get better and better over the next few years. Just have to wait and see what they both announce over the next few months.

Return to “Games Consoles”