[Mk2] [Turbo] Fuel cut fix does this work

Anything to do with the electrics of the car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Jaffacake

[Mk2] [Turbo] Fuel cut fix does this work

Post by Jaffacake »

Hi all just read that when turning up the boost on a 2genjdm u will encounter fuel cut however to save a bit of money instead of buying a FCD you can simply unclip the vacuum hose that runs to the boost pressure sensor and either block it off or better idea use the hose to run an aftermarket boost gauge as it'll b a free, clean hose so no tapping or t piecing off other hoses. Anyone heard of this before? Not being cheap but why waste money if u don't need too.
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Fuel cut fix does this work

Post by Peter Gidden »

Disconnecting the TPS is a bad idea. Fuel cut is a safety valve, and was built in for a reason.

Fit an FDC and adjust fuel cut to just above your preset level of boost.

We sell them - £18 inc. postage.
Last edited by Peter Gidden on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Super_red

Post by Super_red »

On a rev 1 and 2 you can safely disconnect the vacuum hose to the pressure sensor on a rev 3+ you cant. On a rev 1 and 2 you will overide the fuel cut and the dash boost gauge will stop working.

If your really cheap and own a rev 3+ you can fit a zener diode to the between the signal wire and ground and defeat the fuel cut (this is essentially the same way a FCD works).
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

Super_red wrote:......
If your really cheap and own a rev 3+ you can fit a zener diode to the between the signal wire and ground and defeat the fuel cut (this is essentially the same way a FCD works).

except the REV3+ uses the MAP sensor for the fuelling as well so messing with it's reading is likely to cause engine damage. OP has rev2, as he states
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

Super_red wrote:

This can only be done on a Rev1,2 but never on a Rev3 +
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
Peter Gidden
IMOC Affiliated Trackday Organiser

Post by Peter Gidden »

bobhatton wrote:
Super_red wrote:

This can only be done on a Rev1,2 but never on a Rev3 +

+1. Another interweb myth...
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

He'll yeah, I found that mistake out the hard way when I first got mine. Still got that piston stored in pieces in my folks garage! DON'T DO IT ON A REV3+! Ha.

Oops, how did I random on a thread from last year?! Sorry!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3

Return to “Electrical”