N/A versus Turbo?

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Lauren
IMOC Committee

Re: N/A versus Turbo?

Post by Lauren »

stephano wrote:im guessing because a 300hp mr2 has no lag? certainly not enough lag to be at a disadvantage over an n/a car with low torque figures.

i can sort of see what your saying
ok there is a point on a turbo car at high rpm where it can be a bit unstable when trying to feather the throttle but then you would just short shift and take advantage of the torque etc....

it did sound like the excuse a honda fan comes out with when explaining how v-tec is better than turbo!

I do find that you have less finesse with a turbo mid corner as you just can't balance the throttle and thus settle the angle of the car as you tend to need to pump the throttle more with a turbo. I would agree that you can drive around it and providing you can get the power down, you'll be quicker than an NA. But if the grip is low the NA has a slight advantage that doubtless it would lose on the straight.

Having owned and tracked a DC2, I can say that the razor sharp throttle response along with a very sharp chassis, makes it just brilliant when you want to balance the car mid corner.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”