Nurburgring trip 28th sep - 3rd of October

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2barGee

Nurburgring trip 28th sep - 3rd of October

Post by 2barGee »

This will be my 2nd trip this year (yes I'm addicted to the place)
If anybody is going or up for tagging along please pm me for details.

:thumleft:
Tsia

Re: Nurburgring trip 28th sep - 3rd of October

Post by Tsia »

Have you got a rough cost breakdown for it all? Me and my friend want to go there next year! :D
Marlowe

Post by Marlowe »

We just got back (Thursday night) - I'll pop some photos up some time. :)

Assuming you take it steady and stick to speed limits or just under (we all know what turboes especially are like for petrol above 70mph), we covered the 560 miles from South Yorkshire to the ring in 12 hours (with 2 hours for ferry), and this cost me about £90-100 each way in petrol.

The cheapest ferry we could find was Dover to Calais (last year it was Dover to Dunkirk) which cost us £72 return.

6 of us went and we shared 2 3 bed self-catering villas at the Linden Holme apartments (basically newly built self-catering houses just down the road from the track) which worked out at about £92 a head. Food prices are similar to here - budget in at least one meal in Nurburg to support the local small independent business which the F1 track and other companies are trying to squeeze out of business - the atmosphere in some of the restauraunts & biergartens is pretty awesome and in evenings when a touristfahrten is on there's plenty of interesting cars parked up.

You don't need any race equipment due to it being a de-restricted toll road officially, but if you do track days a helmet etc won't hurt.
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Get some photos up!!

I normally go from hull to Rotterdam on the ferry. About £250-300 for a car and 3 people. Get there on 1 tank of petrol & the same on the way back.

When I went in my may I did 8 laps = about £200 including petrol. Accommodation was about £80 each for 4 nights in a self catering house.

Then just food & beer so it all depends on how much you eat & drink :-#

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”