3 Laps of Snet 300 Circuit

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

John145

3 Laps of Snet 300 Circuit

Post by John145 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqN3pztL ... e=youtu.be

For your viewing pleasure, couple of bits of oversteer only had 15 minute session but decent pace. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to upload full HD quality, when I get that done I'll add it also!
John145

Re: 3 Laps of Snet 300 Circuit

Post by John145 »

Full HD now - just that Youtube takes a few minutes to process, also short clip below demonstrates oversteer due to trail braking:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZOMuTuM6FE
jack-p

Post by jack-p »

Just watched the first vid. That was some very nice driving, it looked like you had the track to yourself too. What model is it? Good camera position aswell, it gives a clear view of the track, the driver and the gears 8)
John145

Post by John145 »

Cheers, I went for the 20 minute taster sessions that MSV do. Got to the front of the queue and no one caught me up so pretty much track to myself! Didn't see anyone for the whole session which was really nice.

It's a rev 2 NA, running standard springs, yellow billies, toyota pads with braided brake lines and dot 5.1 fluid. Front tyres are 195 50 r15 Yoko Parada Spec 2 and rears are some kind of Falkens. I'm actually surprised with the Falkens, nice and progressive.

I messed up a few lines, especially on Coram (second to last corner), just seems to go on forever and never sure where to put the car. There are a few times you see me shake my head in disapproval at myself lol.

The camera is a go pro 2, simply fixed to the rear window with a suction cup that the motorsport version comes with. I quite like the position although think it could do with being further forward... Not sure what's more important, seeing the track or getting a good view of the driver/gears and a compromised view of the track...

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”