[Mk2] [Generic] Rear speakers replacement. Noob alert just need some help picking them

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

nickg07

[Mk2] [Generic] Rear speakers replacement. Noob alert just need some help picking them

Post by nickg07 »

i guys, first up i know nothing about car audio/speakers.

My rear ones (behind my head) are crackling and i want to replace. its a standard non premium system. i dont want to replace all the wiring etc if possible, i just want a set of cheap (£30 max) speakers to go in the back.

I dont want to make spacers or cut things as i dont have the skill or the money, im looking for more a less a direct fit.

I may also do the door speakers too and the budget is roughly the same. Again no hasslework i just cant do it and dont have the time to learn, direct fit is what i need or as close to.

Can anyone please advise i cant deal with this sound as it is:/

HU is a Kenwood 6047u, which i dd just about manage to fit myself.

thanks
nickg07

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] Rear speakers replacement. Noob alert just need some help picking them

Post by nickg07 »

Okay, i read the sticky but i cant find infinity reference for sale in the UK and the closest i can come is:

Kicker 3.5" KS Series 2-way Car Speakers - 40w £40.

they look quite deep in the pics but honestly i have no idea if thats standard or not.

Return to “ICE and Security”