Lauren,is wrong in her views,lets promote MR2s not be obstructive.

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Toyo Boy

Lauren,is wrong in her views,lets promote MR2s not be obstructive.

Post by Toyo Boy »

Lauren,what have you against our MR2 owners listing their 1/4 mile lap times and other lap times.
Yoe seem to be pretty negative towards the lads or lasses that wish to post results,is it because you cant equal their times.
You are on the committee to promote the MR2,their owners and all else related to the MR2 not be antagonistic and obstructive.
These are my views and other MR2 owners who are annoyed on reading throu the forum posts by you,if you ban me I will speak to you at the events.
Last edited by Toyo Boy on Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Re: Lauren,is wrong in her views,lets promote MR2s not be obstructive.

Post by loudandproud205 »

As far as I was aware we have a 1/4 mile board for posting results to.

But as for posting lap times its something I have never seen the point of as most of us a doing it for track days not competition, and meaning most shouldn't be timing under the insurance cover on track days.

I am all for promoting lap times when its in the correct environment such as sprint days and race events.

But big willy waving my car is X fast round X track while slaying M3's is not what I would call good promotion.

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Attitude much? And what's that, a threat?
Get over yourself everybody is entitled to their own views.
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Edit
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
monkeyra
Premium Member

Post by monkeyra »

I think posting lap times is a good thing, gives us all something to aim for :D

(And I couldn't care less about the "not allowed to" aspect side of things, as I'm sure EVERYONE on here has broken the law at some point *cough* speeding *cough* - High horses and all that).
SW20 Rev1 Supercharged 2GR-FE Powered Trackday Car.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Are you posting this because I removed a thread where you were trying to sell a car against club rules?

1. I have never had an issue with people posting 1/4 mile times, where I have ever had an issue with that?

2. You know nothing about me or my driving ability.

3. Who are these other MR2 owners who are annoyed because I'm pointing out trackday company's own liability issues with people timing on their trackdays? I used to work for a trackday company so I know the rules.

4. Where have I been 'antagonistic' (spelled correctly for you) and 'obstructive'?

5. You seem to sound like the kind of person whom I'm not sure I would want to talk to anyway. Remind me who you are.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Toyo Boy

Post by Toyo Boy »

Lauren wrote:Are you posting this because I removed a thread where you were trying to sell a car against club rules?

1. I have never had an issue with people posting 1/4 mile times, where I have ever had an issue with that?

2. You know nothing about me or my driving ability.

3. Who are these other MR2 owners who are annoyed because I'm pointing out trackday company's own liability issues with people timing on their trackdays? I used to work for a trackday company so I know the rules.

4. Where have I been 'antagonistic' (spelled correctly for you) and 'obstructive'?

5. You seem to sound like the kind of person whom I'm not sure I would want to talk to anyway. Remind me who you are.

I knew I was right.

Still,let us boys have fun in our MR2s and post times that wet your thirst Lauren.
Dave Appleby.
kennym

?

Post by kennym »

I've never met Lauren, i've never spoken to Lauren & come to think of it I don't agree with half of Lauren's post, but hey this is England ..... you don't like something you don't have to read it,

I'm afraid my friend your posts are starting to sound a little bit,.... at best like a lunatic rant, & at worst threatening & bullying.

even if your point is right your method of delivery is unacceptable,.... I hope when you read this you think "hey maybe I did go a bit over board" & calm down a bit that would be best for all

I don't mean to offend but I think if you saw someone talking to you wife or mother like that you wouldn't like it,

ps if your reply is abusive i'll just ignore you ,.... I hope its not lifes to short f all that cr4p
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

I like you K K K K K Kenny, you say what i'm thinking but without being rude. Hats off to you :thumleft:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
kennym

LOL

Post by kennym »

MAYBE WE COULD MEET UP & DDDDDANCE THE NIGHT AWAY
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

haha brilliant! :thumleft:
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Lauren wrote:4. Where have I been 'antagonistic' (spelled correctly for you) and 'obstructive'?

Lauren wrote:Remind me who you are?

Don't stoop :|
Charged
IMOC Committee

Re: LOL

Post by Charged »

kennym wrote:MAYBE WE COULD MEET UP & DDDDDANCE THE NIGHT AWAY

:lol: like a blind d d d d d date?
Toyo Boy

Post by Toyo Boy »

Whats P*****d me off is we come on to the forum for MR2s and promote them and because Lauren does not like to be reminded that some owners are quick in their cars,and she isnt,she goes and deletes the subject because she considers it unimportant to her.
Now that is what you call sensored dictatorship.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I think you are verging on personal abuse, Dave.

What I don't understand is why you have such a huge problem with me.

I know that some owners are quick in their cars, but I do hold a lap record myself at Cadwell Park. If those are your comments then you obviously don't know me and I can only reach the conclusion that you know even less about my driving exploits.

I don't understand where I have censored anything. As for 'dictatorship', well I am a vice-chair and director of the club, but I do not make decisions in isolation and where decisions are made they are made in the best interests of the club and it's members. Before you ask, no, I don't get paid or anything like that.

About all I can do is hope you find some other focus in your life that is a bit more constructive. :+:

Why don't you pop over to Anglesey on the 7th April. I'll even give you a ride in my car and then you can tell me how slow I am. :)
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Toyo Boy wrote:Stuff

#-o

Really? It's not like 'being quick' is an achievement when you're in a car that's made to go quick. Not to mention this part :
Toyo Boy wrote:and she isnt

Five minutes on this forum would tell you that Lauren has done quite a lot of track driving with a lot of experience, hell I certainly wouldn't want to go against her at a competitive event (Not to mention I'm a god awful driver anyway.)

This isn't me getting at you, I've got no personal problems with timing or vs or anything that's a bit naughty to post or do, but if I want to show off about things that shouldn't be happening, I'll save it for my friends and not a public forum. For the sake of your dignity, please, stop.
Draven

Post by Draven »

Please read my siggy..

But in all seriousness. I really think this thread is getting out of hand..
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Draven wrote:

But in all seriousness. I really think this thread is getting out of hand..

I want to pull it, it's up for discussion in the mod forum at the moment, it just seems like the ramblings of a mad man.
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

Lauren wrote:

Why don't you pop over to Anglesey on the 7th April. I'll even give you a ride in my car and then you can tell me how slow I am. :)

Ok deal....But you can't punch me afterwards!
platmatt8 wrote:Lauren has got bigger balls than most men on this site

charged wrote:Mine's probably screaming 'stop raping me' :D
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

pk_090 wrote:
Lauren wrote:

Ok deal....But you can't punch me afterwards!

LOL!

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”