Cooling system cleaner..?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Amebb

Cooling system cleaner..?

Post by Amebb »

hi

can anyone help me on this one.... I found lots of brown depositis in my cooling system.

I need to give the cooling system a good clean out before topping it with antifreeze etc...

Can anyone recommmed a good cleaning product that can loosen the crap from my cooling system...?

Thank you
'Honest, seriously, this wont hurt a bit ..... there you go........ 5h1t!!! he's dead!!........ Well, you should'nt have touched my Mr2 !!'
Ekona

Re: Cooling system cleaner..?

Post by Ekona »

Theoretically something from the Fernox range would work, but you want to make sure that every last drop was out before re-filling. I'm sure there's an auto-specific product out there.
Amebb

hi

Post by Amebb »

i was thinking of going to the local plumbers merchants and getting something that cleans radiators at home and it also protects them against rust.....

thanks
'Honest, seriously, this wont hurt a bit ..... there you go........ 5h1t!!! he's dead!!........ Well, you should'nt have touched my Mr2 !!'
frogger

Re: Cooling system cleaner..?

Post by frogger »

Cheap and effective way is pressure washer in one end, open end at 'tother - and just flow a shed load of water through the system and out.

Don't start adding non-compatible rust inhibitors to your coolent system :)

P.S. the above is largely pointless if you have a cheap/corroded radiator sitting there ready to carry on adding crud into the system

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”