[Mk2] [NA] Anyone have an adaptor for a toyota radio cassette?

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

10thanni

[Mk2] [NA] Anyone have an adaptor for a toyota radio cassette?

Post by 10thanni »

Hi, I am putting an original radio cassette cd player in to my 10th Anniversary. I removed the Sony already in there and discovered that I need a different adaptor. I need an adaptor to go from the wiring in the car which is just a straight 15 pin to another 16 pin in the back of the radio cassette. The difference is that the one in the back of the radio cassette is split in two as if it were two bits. Difficult to explain. Will try to post a pic if I can work out how to!

If you have a spare adaptor or know where I can get one that would be great, thanks.

From this...on the car...[url]
http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z32 ... AG0466.jpg

to this...back of the radio cassette
http://s1184.photobucket.com/albums/z32 ... double.jpg

10thanni

Re: [Mk2] [NA] Anyone have an adaptor for a toyota radio cassette?

Post by 10thanni »

Ok, after much looking around and trying to work out what goes where, I have finally worked out that the double adaptor above only works for 'non active' cars. In other words, presumably the radio cassette that I bought on Ebay (original MR2) won't work in my 10th Anniversary. I bought a Rev 5 player and I presumed that it would be fine. Does anyone know which one would work in mine with active speaker set up? Or is thare actually a way to make the radio cassette I bought work on an active system? Questions...questions...hmm. What a nightmare!!! :-)

Thanks.
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

Switching active to passive and backwards and forwards is a bit complicated and involves a fair bit of wiring. Best to just get a Toyota stereo that has the 15 pin plug on the back of it. Any Toyota stereo with that plug will work, they have used the 'active' setup in loads of different vehicles.

Have a look at http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=87587
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
10thanni

Post by 10thanni »

Ah, thanks for the link...I hadn't seen it. Yea, I think I will stick to 15 pin...next question is, what model numbers were original to the 10th Anniversary radio cassette? Any pics?

Cheers.

P.S. Anyone want a Rev 5 original radio cassette cd? Will put up in for sale...
2tmike

CD

Post by 2tmike »

Hi,
Might be interested in the rev5 radio/cassette/cd mainly for the cd. is the setup from a uk car or import ?
10thanni

Post by 10thanni »

Hi, I presume it is a UK car...how would I know the difference?
2tmike

ICE

Post by 2tmike »

Hi,
Fair point, unless you can power it up to check the radio frequencies..
I've just looked the pile of surplus radios in the spare room and I've got a radio cassette that looks like it has the same plug as on your car loom.
PM me an email address and I'll send you a pic.
Mike

Return to “ICE and Security”