8 bags for a Charger?!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bobbyh

8 bags for a Charger?!

Post by bobbyh »

nice, but the guys off his rocker.

have seen a '99 non-runner Porsche 996 cabby for £7k.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-MK ... 1e6745fdcb
kherseth

Re: 8 bags for a Charger?!

Post by kherseth »

That one is close to being in too good condition. I really like think they look better when they show hints of usage.

If it were sold here in Norway, the price would be more ok, but then again, used car pricing are ridiculous here.
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

If I had 8k to burn I'd buy it just because I've always wanted a Charger. But I'd have to be a millionnaire without a mortgage.
uglee

Post by uglee »

8k gets you nothing remarkable new car wise.

Yet 8k for a car that is near as damnit new condition with probably no depreciation with all the fun that comes with owning a flawless charger, and people complain #-o
uglee

Post by uglee »

bobbyh wrote:nice, but the guys off his rocker.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Toyota-MR2-MK ... 1e6745fdcb

Sorry missed this. You claim the seller is off his rocker and instead recommend a goosed 996 cab as a better ownership proposition.

I like you, you're funny :lol:
PW@Woodsport

Post by PW@Woodsport »

If it's 8 grands worth of Mr2 i don't see a problem, people pay a lot more for lesser cars, and people also spend more than £8k on their Mr2's sometimes.

Mark my words, the day will come when the Mk1 is so rare and sought after that paying £8k for a mint one will seem like sale of the century.
Jimbo_Jet

Post by Jimbo_Jet »

uglee wrote:8k gets you nothing remarkable new car wise.

Yet 8k for a car that is near as damnit new condition with probably no depreciation

Good point! Still think it's a bit overpriced but if I had £8k lying around I'd probably seriously consider it. I think £7000 is a price I would more likely be willing to pay, if I ever had that much spare :lol: But, as with fine wine, artworks, classic cars and premiership footballers (not sure about that last one!) it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I seem to remember a white T-Bar a while back, with something like 12,000 miles on being advertised for around £8k at a dealership. I don't know if it sold or for how much so my comparison it's not too bad :)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

There was a thread about this a month or so ago.

Personally I think it's over-priced, more like 6K really. But it's worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

Terrible shame about the blue interior though. :(

Not wishing to start an argument (I'm off to Spain in a few hours) but, I'm not convinced that MR2s are ever really going to be worth big money. My theory is because of a lack of heritage, ie nothing in the way of motorsport success etc. It does seem to be the cars that are successful in motorsport that seem to fetch the money and become more desirable. Shame really, but means MR2s are that much more affordable, so swings and roundabouts I guess.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Post by 5705 »

It's a lovely garage queen. For doing 500 miles a year maximum - to shows on Summer days and to win prizes and kudos. Like a lot of low-mileage modern classics. Add the insurance and tax disk costs and that's a lot of £££s per mile. No-one is going to buy it to drive it often, which makes the SC thing a little redundant (just rarer).

The low-mileage blue NA that went for £4000 last week was a better prospect. IMHO. I was tempted.

(tangent) Speaking of nice NA Mk1s - does anyone know this one: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200664167975
Jimbo_Jet

Post by Jimbo_Jet »

Lauren wrote: I'm not convinced that MR2s are ever really going to be worth big money. My theory is because of a lack of heritage, ie nothing in the way of motorsport success etc. It does seem to be the cars that are successful in motorsport that seem to fetch the money and become more desirable.

Agreed. Either that or a successful TV or film tie in like Back To The Future or Ashes To Ashes which then promotes the car and links it to nostalgia in future generations. That kind of tie-in can be the best from of branding you can get and promote desirability in a product far more than the product alone might deserve. Would we still be bothered about DeLorean's if it wasn't for Marty Mcfly? ;)

Incidentally, I took this picture in Bolton yesterday...note the number plate!

Apparently Keith Lemon was in the shop with a film crew but I didn't have time to hang around and wait. Bang Tidy, as they say! :)
elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

Jimbo_Jet wrote:
Lauren wrote: I'm not convinced that MR2s are ever really going to be worth big money. My theory is because of a lack of heritage, ie nothing in the way of motorsport success etc. It does seem to be the cars that are successful in motorsport that seem to fetch the money and become more desirable.

Agreed. Either that or a successful TV or film tie in like Back To The Future or Ashes To Ashes which then promotes the car and links it to nostalgia in future generations. That kind of tie-in can be the best from of branding you can get and promote desirability in a product far more than the product alone might deserve. Would we still be bothered about DeLorean's if it wasn't for Marty Mcfly? ;)

Incidentally, I took this picture in Bolton yesterday...note the number plate!

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm15 ... 352674.jpg

Apparently Keith Lemon was in the shop with a film crew but I didn't have time to hang around and wait. Bang Tidy, as they say! :)

The women aren't impressed :)

Peter
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

Just a question, who the hell is keith lemon?
Alex
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

bobbyh wrote:

It's hardly a good comparison..

The car is worth what someone is willing to pay, it would be incredibly difficult to find another one in that condition, with that mileage. Blue interior is a big let down though.
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

pk_090 wrote:Just a question, who the hell is keith lemon?
Alex

An unfunny ginger prat who tries to hard
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:
Alex

Thankyou Ollie clear as glass now!
Jimbo_Jet

Post by Jimbo_Jet »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:
Alex

:lol: Spot on - 'Bang tidy'!

Here's a link to his TV show which is an acquired taste, think rudder 'Shooting Stars'. He also did Bo'Selecta in the early 2000's.
http://www.itv.com/channels/itv2/itv2sh ... rityjuice/
donna

Post by donna »

elbon50

Post by elbon50 »

It does look good Donna :)

Low miles too

Peter
Jimbo_Jet

Post by Jimbo_Jet »

Mmmmmm, nice! :D Any guesses what it might go for?

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”