your lap times

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

DAN_REV1_TURBO

Re: your lap times

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

I just did a circuit from my house into maccies drive through, ordering a big mac meal at window 1, collecting at window 3 and back to my house again in 15minutes 43 seconds. Passing a coffin dodger in a ford fiesta `classic` upon exiting the final roundabout.

This beats my personal best of 16 minutes 1 second, but that time I was ordering a quarter pounder with cheese which held me up, and I also had to swerve to avoid a potential collision with a hairdryer on wheels at the final roundabout on that occasion.

All of the above lap times are unofficial and made up/recorded by me, but I`m sure they will be of use to someone as a bench mark to try and beat.

All of the above is pointless nonsense, in keeping with this thread.
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Gotta say... if I did a track day, I'd just be curious to know my lap time. I wouldn't be trying to drag it further and further down, but it's just a nice piece of information to know, after all, it's not technically necessary to know your exact speed as you should be able to judge when you're approaching a turn too quickly...
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

D4N_V_U wrote:I just did a circuit from my house into maccies drive through, ordering a big mac meal at window 1, collecting at window 3 and back to my house again in 15minutes 43 seconds. Passing a coffin dodger in a ford fiesta `classic` upon exiting the final roundabout.

This beats my personal best of 16 minutes 1 second, but that time I was ordering a quarter pounder with cheese which held me up, and I also had to swerve to avoid a potential collision with a hairdryer on wheels at the final roundabout on that occasion.

All of the above lap times are unofficial and made up/recorded by me, but I`m sure they will be of use to someone as a bench mark to try and beat.

All of the above is pointless nonsense, in keeping with this thread.

Nice time.

What cup holder have you got fitted? I always have to slow down on the return leg otherwise my drink falls over. Maybe I need to see if TRD or HKS can sell me something overpriced and shiny to alleviate this problem and get my times down.
Tsia

Post by Tsia »

Initial D style maneuvering to keep your drinks upright? F**k yeah. :D
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

I did the 'Evo Triangle' today.

I should have bloody timed, it, as then I could have put those French tourists on the B4501 and all those Welsh people at risk on the A5 and A543, just so I could have said I had driven it in 'x' amount of time. What an idiot I am eh?
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Toyo Boy

Post by Toyo Boy »

I am sorry lads and lasses but this Lauren has got us P****d off for deleting a topic concerning some of us MR2 owners putting up our fast lap times on the forum.
Because she considered it unimportant and useless to regard some of us wishing to compare times with each other she acted like a little dictator and removed our various topics,probably because she doesnt like to be reminded she isnt quick.
So long live you guys who use their MR2s in competition and on the strip.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Isn't this a duplication of your other post?

Let me explain to you properly so that you are clear as to where I am coming from.

From 2003-2007 I worked for Bookatrack.com. I trust you have heard of them, as they were one of the first trackday organisers around having been in business since 2000.

I used to run the pitlane. There was a strict no timing policy with zero tolerance. The reasons for this were that it would invalidate not only Bookatrack's insurance policy but also all the indifividuals personal policies they may have taken out as trackdays by definition are non-competitive.

Let me also explain a little further as to the other issues that arise when timing on a trackday. If you are trying to time a lap then you will not want to be held up, nor will you want to compromise your line. So, given the trackday rule of only passing by consent, that is, the slower driver needs to indicate and move over in order for you to pass, you can see that this causes a number of concerns and is certainly dangerous from a safety perspective.

Having done hundreds of trackdays myself over the past 12 years (I got a lot of free tracktime), I know that just because I have lots of experience does not mean that everyone else does. For all I know I could be closing at speed on a complete novice who is already feeling they've got way too much remember without having to worry about me. So passing a car like that when they aren't expecting it, is an obvious recipe for disaster.

If you want to time your lap times on a test day, though go for it. I'm all for competitive motorsport and I've been known to be a little competitive myself at times. Nowt wrong with that and it's certainly something I wouldn't discourage.

I would say though that if people wish to compare laptimes, then they need to look toward doing competitive motorsport, whether that's in the form of rallying, sprinting, time trials or my favourite, racing head to head. But to do it on a trackday is just irresponsible. Posting on a public forum that you have timed on a trackday can have implications for the trackday organiser and things like insurance are costly enough as it is.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
SySanguinary
IMOC Committee

Post by SySanguinary »

Toyo Boy wrote:she acted like a little dictator

Impossible. Everytime a thread is removed or modded it IS discussed with the mods and admin.

I think you've spat your dummy out here and are looking for confrontation for the fun of it.

Toyo Boy wrote:
probably because she doesnt like to be reminded she isnt quick.

Lauren can drive many of us under the table as has been said already. She's one of the most experienced drivers on here so simple digs from you like that do not mean a thing.

Everyone has a difference of opinion, but jumping on your high horse when your's is questioned makes you look rather immature in my opinion.

If you want to try to time yourself on track then fine. But FFS don't come on here expecting most of us to go along with it. :roll:
kennym

Post by kennym »

AND ON IT ROLLS....................... FFS!
pk_090

Post by pk_090 »

Just hurry up and do something to get yourself banned, or just leave by your own admission. Its obvious your kicking up a stink over this.
Alex
platmatt8 wrote:Lauren has got bigger balls than most men on this site

charged wrote:Mine's probably screaming 'stop raping me' :D
Draven

Post by Draven »

:roll:
dgh.mr2

Post by dgh.mr2 »

Toyo Boy wrote:I am sorry lads and lasses but this Lauren has got us P****d off for deleting a topic concerning some of us MR2 owners putting up our fast lap times on the forum.
Because she considered it unimportant and useless to regard some of us wishing to compare times with each other she acted like a little dictator and removed our various topics,probably because she doesnt like to be reminded she isnt quick.
So long live you guys who use their MR2s in competition and on the strip.

Well! Popped in for the first time in a while and find YouTube posters have infiltrated the place. What a shame.

Still, school holidays over soon so no doubt it will get quieter...
ashley

Post by ashley »

...just let it die...please!
paul_h

Post by paul_h »

or just book through focused events

http://www.focusedevents.com/chrono_days_cars.asp
dan4

Post by dan4 »

I never did get below 50.9, but the car is gone now. Id forgotten to check back but it seems someone had made a nuisance of himself anyhow [-X

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”