Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

What's happening at the Club. You can post your suggestions and ideas here, along with reports of any problems using the site.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Leakie Tbar

Re: Using Parts For Sale section for breaking cars :-(

Post by Leakie Tbar »

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... c3330e5bcb

i think they should have one post eg rev3 parts for sale instead of listing 20 single items

for sale section is pretty poor at the moment

everything should have a price too no pricey no advert
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

Leakie Tbar wrote:http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... c3330e5bcb

i think they should have one post eg rev3 parts for sale instead of listing 20 single items

for sale section is pretty poor at the moment

everything should have a price too no pricey no advert

agree with you,
car should be listed in the breaking section.
anyone wanting parts can then pm seller.
also still want to know,how anyone breaking cars one after the other
can be classed as a private seller :roll:
foxy-stoat

Post by foxy-stoat »

Maybe you can limit people to say 10 ads a year with Premium Membership, before you have to pay another £5 for another 10 ads? 50p an ad is pretty good when you conside that ebay will charge you for listing it, selling it AND when you get paid by paypal and some folk are on here to earn a nice amount of profit selling MR2 bits to people with MR2's and not posting or contributing to anything else.

Most of us sell standard or upgraded bits at one time or the other so maybe 10 a year will be enough for most of us. It would stop people listing 10 items then bumping them all at the same time and pushing other peoples ads to the next page, when you can just have all of them on 1 ad.

Maybe a PM to every Premium Member saying that from 01 March 11 you are limited to 10 ads in the parts, mr2's or breaking section before you have to pay another £5 or something?

Ads in the wanted section shouldnt count tho.

Thoughts?
We ALL make mistakes !!! :)
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

I actually think the current rules are just fine....they just need applying!!!! :-)

Theres clearly a couple of cars that are being broken as on eof them at least is listed in there too so theres no need for every part to be listed in for sale section as well - its just clutter IMO and if you don't want to buy parts of someone whose joined to profiteer out of members it makes it spols the for sale section.

Personally, I cant see the point of a "private" seller - your either a trader or not and its a nuisance having all their ads spamming the for sale section if your looking to buy parts off genuine members rather than someone just profiteering. [/rant over
DavidM

Post by DavidM »

foxy-stoat wrote:Maybe you can limit people to say 10 ads a year with Premium Membership, before you have to pay another £5 for another 10 ads?

People will then only stick multiple items on a single post.
EX Caribbean Blue 10th Anniversary 1996 T-bar
EX Black 1995 mk2 GT Turbo
NOW Audi TT V6 3.2 DSG 2004 Coupe
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

foxy-stoat wrote:Maybe you can limit people to say 10 ads a year with Premium Membership, before you have to pay another £5 for another 10 ads? 50p an ad is pretty good when you conside that ebay will charge you for listing it, selling it AND when you get paid by paypal and some folk are on here to earn a nice amount of profit selling MR2 bits to people with MR2's and not posting or contributing to anything else.

Most of us sell standard or upgraded bits at one time or the other so maybe 10 a year will be enough for most of us. It would stop people listing 10 items then bumping them all at the same time and pushing other peoples ads to the next page, when you can just have all of them on 1 ad.

Maybe a PM to every Premium Member saying that from 01 March 11 you are limited to 10 ads in the parts, mr2's or breaking section before you have to pay another £5 or something?

Ads in the wanted section shouldnt count tho.

Thoughts?

-1 from me on that one I'm afraid. Personally think that 50p is quite a lot when there aren't that many buyers (in comparison to E-Bay).

I agree with Jeff, the rules are right in that cars being broken should be listed as so, not masquerading as lots of individual items.

Finalised threads should be removed from view if possible, and maybe there should be an expiry on any advert?!

I'm not a trader, but I do list a few things on here (normally for a loss after buying them in error :lol:), I'd not want to pay extra just to shift my old stuff. I've already had to sign up to another forum to try and shift stuff as there are hardly any buyers on here.

My tuppence!
January 2014
..the only thing I can promise for sure is slow progress.

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

personaly i don't think the problem is with private sellers.
the problem is with breakers multi listing.
certainly don't think their is a need to bring in charges.
as the previous poster said, its not easy selling on here,
but it is convenient and i for one would rather help fellow members
out,even if it does sometimes mean losing a few bob. paul.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

If you are going to advertise a number of second-hand parts on a regular basis (e.g. you often pick up bargains via other members/scrapyards and want to pass them on) you will need to be an Affiliate Private Seller

IMOCs rules, and private affiliate sellers have to pay more for the privilage.

i know i use both parts of the forum, but to be honest not many people look at the breaking section, most parts are sold in the for sale section, i agree that multiple listings does bump things down quicker, but as someone has said the feedback system might be changed to list multiple things on the same thread. Have a look over on scoobynet if you think this for sale section moves fast.

Trouble is if you remove all the finalised threads and stop multiple listings then it wont hardly move at all and then just maybe this section will become stagnant.

How hard is it to look at a few pages, you can clearly see how old the thread is and whether it is likely to still be for sale.
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

What about when people close a for sale thread and open up another selling the same item but at a higher price and with less infomation.
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Just a thought......

Just noticed the MR2s being broken is in the Cars for sale section - why dont we move it to the parts section since in reality its not actually a car for sale but a collection of bits you can choose from. I think from my own point of view this would make me more inclined to check the being broken section since it wouldnt involve me moving out to the cars for sale section.

Hope all that makes sense???!!! This may pacify Jason's objection (which I can understand) that noone looks in the being broken section.
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

thats a good idea,

not saying there no traffic there but when i was reshelling my v6 from a rev1, i put that up as a car breaking and it had 2 responses (1 of which was me) and that was just for a rev3 front splitter to a guy that was already coming down to my place to collect a gearbox (the gearbox btw was sold on the parts for sale section :mrgreen: )

edit: it doesnt howver get over the feedback problem - this is quite important for everyone buyers and sellers to know you are buying from a trustworthy person (something thats been needed around here for a while now) so if the feedback scores dont go up then everyone is on edge
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

dazzz wrote:What about when people close a for sale thread and open up another selling the same item but at a higher price and with less infomation.

I hope that's not directed at me and my MV-S? I closed one of those because I listed it twice by mistake (it got knocked so far down the list by all these cars being broken in the for sale section, that I didn't see it :lol:).

Anyway, if you look closely at those posts, you'd notice that when I closed the one thread, I changed the price of the thread I left open.

If it wasn't directed at me, then I have become paranoid 8-[
January 2014

May 2015
just have this niggling thought that if I rip out the wiring, then the car will never get out of the garage again.

Still in the garage...
dazzz

Post by dazzz »

Shmed wrote:
dazzz wrote:What about when people close a for sale thread and open up another selling the same item but at a higher price and with less infomation.

I hope that's not directed at me and my MV-S? I closed one of those because I listed it twice by mistake (it got knocked so far down the list by all these cars being broken in the for sale section, that I didn't see it :lol:).

Anyway, if you look closely at those posts, you'd notice that when I closed the one thread, I changed the price of the thread I left open.

If it wasn't directed at me, then I have become paranoid 8-[

You have become paranoid. :thumleft:
Shmed

Post by Shmed »

They're coming to get me....... 8-[

8-[ 8-[ 8-[
January 2014

May 2015

Still in the garage...
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

:mrgreen:
bri0905

Post by bri0905 »

But on the other side of the coin, no-one looks in the cars breaking section because every nut and bolt is being listed individually in the parts for sale section....

I think moving breaking cars to the parts section is the best suggestion.

And if the car being broken has some good after market parts, then maybe they can be listed separately but std body panels, wheels, interior don't need an individual post.
96 Rev 3 Turbo, Done!
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

i understand that arguement, and quite will to try it, but if nothing sells even when/if the section is moved then i would still list up in the 4sale section, lots of people have bought off me including imoc mods/admin responding to the threads in the 4sale section

i do however try and restrain myself from continuously adding lots and lots of threads and bumping every other day
ryan

Post by ryan »

One seller in particular is taking the water with breaking cars and putting them in the for sale section then continually 'bumping' them back up to the top of the list :roll:
jasongtr

Post by jasongtr »

whos that then
ryan

Post by ryan »

jasongtr wrote:whos that then

Not you jason, just take a look now and see.

I think the 'cars breaking' should be in with the parts for sale sub section as said, as this would avoid temptation of listing breaking cars in the for sale section.

Return to “Club News and Announcements”