HELP! Engine fault light caused by low petrol?

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

js1mr2

HELP! Engine fault light caused by low petrol?

Post by js1mr2 »

On Saturday I bought a 2003 mk3, it drove fine on the test drive but the fuel light was on the whole time, after paying for it I crawled to the nearest petrol station but 5 minutes in to the journey the engine fault light came on :cry: . I put fuel in it and the low fuel light went off but the engine fault light remained on, I checked the manual and it said that the engine fault light may come on after being driven when the fuel light is on but would go off after ‘a few’ drives.

I have driven it 150 miles home and on three journeys today but the light is STILL on! Has anyone experienced a similar problem with the engine fault light?
Ekona

Re: HELP! Engine fault light caused by low petrol?

Post by Ekona »

First off, get the code read to find out what it is (any garage should be able to do this for you), ad then assuming it's nothing major they can clear it for you.

If you're feeling brave just disconnect the battery for 30 mins and the CEL will disappear, but it could be something important so I'd get it read first.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”