[Mk2] [Turbo] Beeping every 30 seconds (May be Toad 606)

Posts about stereos, speakers, sat nav etc and posts about car alarms or car security.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

baz8755

[Mk2] [Turbo] Beeping every 30 seconds (May be Toad 606)

Post by baz8755 »

This morning I noticed that my MR2 MK2 Rev 5 Turbo was making a single beep every 30 seconds. The beep occurs whether or not the alarm is armed/disarmed and the ignition off or on. Basically it happens all the time.

The car has a Toad 606 fitted so I suspect that this is the issue. I have contacted an alarm fitter who claims never to heard of this problem. I also contacted Toad who wanted £150 to send someone out to take a look, obviously if it's a simple fault I'll do it myself.

The alarm also has the perimeter radar fitted and that still chirps when you approach it but this is not the same sound.

I suspect it is either something to do with the fact that something may have jiggled loose when I accidentally went down a single track road this weekend or that the backup battery may be faulty (as it is about 10 years old).

Anyone have any ideas as to what it may be or how to solve it.

Baz
baz8755

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Beeping every 30 seconds (May be Toad 606)

Post by baz8755 »

Oops ](*,)

I got home tonight and went to my garage to try and find out the cause of my beeping car. Whilst under front bonnet I noticed the sound was coming from above me, I looked up and saw a smoke detector with a flat battery warning :)

Case closed
oiltrap

beep

Post by oiltrap »

well gotter tell ya good on ya to admit that one.. gave me a good laugh :thumleft:
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] Beeping every 30 seconds (May be Toad 606)

Post by loudandproud205 »

sorry but i did lol at that

that is proper something id do but id have raved the car to bits before noticing

Got boost?
Kinda!!!
0.3 bar FTL

Return to “ICE and Security”