I want to replace the door trims.....

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Clare

I want to replace the door trims.....

Post by Clare »

Hi all

newbie to the forum and fairly newbie to MR2 owning having only bought my Mk3 in March this year.

Loving it :D

Anywhoo... the plastic door sill/trim is scratched to hell (obviously someone with sharps heels couldnt work out how to get in and out the car without scratching and chipping paint left, right and centre along the trim and paintwork of the door frame!) so Im wanting to replace it. Tried back to black stuff and dashboard wipes but it hasnt really improved it that much.

I've tried searching online for door sills but the only thing I can find are the thin metal adds ons.. I want the WHOLE plastic sill, or a metal one. My sis in law has a MR-S and has lush metal sills all the way along the door frame at the bottom. They're factory fitted on the MRS and has MR-S engraved into them but I wondered whether I could get anything similar for a MR2?

Any suggestions? Cheers all.

(I keep thinking that maybe I should have bought an MR-S as they have cooler factory fit options but then again I would rather have legit insurance.............. )
DannyN

Re: I want to replace the door trims.....

Post by DannyN »

The metal ones are simply stuck on top of the plastic you already have, they look like a ski when not on the car. As far as I know they only made them with MR-S on as I dont think Ive seen or heard of a set with MR2 on (and I mean the ones that look like a ski not the smaller ones that just cover the middle trim)

D
Clare

Post by Clare »

Cheers Danny. They're factory fit on the MR-S. I've even tried searching for metal door trims for MR-S's but doesnt look like you can actually buy them... only the little slim ones.

sigh

ah well
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Have you had a look round ebay USA? I'm sure I've seen some for sale there before.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”