[Mk2] [Generic] I've been Re-trimming my interior!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Steve@EdgeAutomotive

[Mk2] [Generic] I've been Re-trimming my interior!

Post by Steve@EdgeAutomotive »

Hello all, for the past week or so, I've been re-trimming my seats in some free time. I've always wanted to do it, and the time has come. Its a lengthy process as i don't have that much free time. But the results so far are exactly what i was looking for.

I started with my design, I drew out an MR2 seat and got thinking, I wanted to match colors to my engine (Lime green and black) and got exactly what i was looking for.

So i went on the search for green top stitch thread, and a nice lime green leather. With all my materials collected i started up patterning/cutting and sewing. And this is my result so far.

Hope you like it!

Steve
irish_dan

Re: [Mk2] [Generic] I've been Re-trimming my interior!

Post by irish_dan »

Thats astonishingly good mate! How'd you go about doing that? I've always wondered about re-trimming myself as to get it done profesionally is bloody expensive !
Steve@EdgeAutomotive

irish_dan wrote:Thats astonishingly good mate! How'd you go about doing that? I've always wondered about re-trimming myself as to get it done profesionally is bloody expensive !

I went to a local trimmer, to give me pointers and advice on doing it myself, and he liked my eagerness in the subject, and offered to train me up, I'm now working for him. But this is the first trim i've attempted a trim all by myself with no input.

It is a lengthy process and in depth job, and its understandable why the prices are so dear.
I like to start up my own business doing trims, but we'll see what happens

If i were to write a 'how to' it would go on for pages and pages! And i'd be giving away trade secrets :lol:

Steve
planted1

Post by planted1 »

Cracking job :thumleft:
Lime greens not my colour,but gotta say it works
well done

steve
Steve@EdgeAutomotive

planted1 wrote:Cracking job :thumleft:
Lime greens not my colour,but gotta say it works
well done

steve

Thanks mate! I've always loved lime green but never went for it! Whilst building my V6 i decided to go for black and lime green, and i'm glad i did!!

Steve
mrRobbo2

Post by mrRobbo2 »

Looks quality mate, love the colour too :clap:

Return to “Modifications”