It's like a toy ferrari

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

It's like a toy ferrari

Post by tonigmr2 »

I really quite like it, LOL

Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Re: It's like a toy ferrari

Post by Jaspa »

And here it is pulled over by the police

I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

LOL that was quick. :lol:
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

I'm bored at work :oops:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Sorry Toni but that looks gash
craig

Post by craig »

not a fan.
greglebon

Post by greglebon »

Stick one of Mr.Woods' 2GR-FE V6's or Audi 4.2 V8's in the back and it'll be as quick as one, as well........!! :thumleft:
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Seen one of these in the flesh at last years Top Gear/MPH show and it was a good 5 minutes before I twigged. Only thing that tends to spoil the good replicas like these is that people always want to fit naff ill fitting wheels.

More info...

http://www.dnaautomotive.com/4thirty.html
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

that looks awfull, way too short at the front
greeny

Post by greeny »

Jaspa wrote:And here it is pulled over by the police

:clap: :lol:
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

I like it, take away the Ferrari badges and look at it for what it is, cute :wink:
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

Take away the Fezza badge and it looks like a FIAT Barchetta
Rogue

Post by Rogue »

Jaspa wrote:And here it is pulled over by the police

I'm amazed they got him to be honest - that dude can drive!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UMWhJsd0JE
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

:mrgreen:
I bet that's how Russ Swift started out too.
philster_d

Post by philster_d »

I just realised the other day when I saw some real Ferrari's that all these crappy kit cars have realy devalued the brand for me.
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

I actually think that kit looks very nice.

I sometimes wonder why these companies feel compelled to make bodykits that require you to make the whole car wider and fit huge wheel spacers.
Instead it'd be nice to see simple front and rear kits that give you the look without all the pretence.

I guess the sort of people that want these kits really want it to be as accurate as possible though.

Also, whenever I stop and think about this stuff, I always end up thinking that gluing anything to an existing car is only ever going to detract from the performance.
If somebody made a bodykit for a car which actually made it lighter than the original car and happened to look like a Ferrari it'd be something I could get really enthusiastic about.
Nod

Post by Nod »

philster_d wrote:I just realised the other day when I saw some real Ferrari's that all these crappy kit cars have really devalued the brand for me.

They have started on the Lambo's too. Won't be long before we have a MR2 SW20 Veyron replica.

Lyndon.
Si_Crewe

Post by Si_Crewe »

Nod wrote:
philster_d wrote:I just realised the other day when I saw some real Ferrari's that all these crappy kit cars have really devalued the brand for me.

They have started on the Lambo's too. Won't be long before we have a MR2 SW20 Veyron replica.

Lyndon.

I'm still not sure if this is true or not.

The is a bunch of stuff on the interweb about companies chopping SW20s and turning them into Gallardo's but this all seems to come back to one outfit (superreplicas?) and it's all supposed to be a scam.
They hired a Gallardo for a week, made some videos and took some molds of parts like the engine cover and then set up a website saying they could do the conversion for about £20k.

It was noted that their "converted" SW20 had a rather convincing replica V10 engine clearly visible in the back. ;)

Cars like the Pontiac Fiero have always been ideal for this sort of thing cos the body-tub is structural and all the panels simply bolt on.
You can chop up the tub, reshape it and then bolt on alternate bodywork without bodging it over the top of existing panels.
JeffD

Post by JeffD »

Andy_Foz

Post by Andy_Foz »

I went to a kit car show in Detling a couple of weeks ago. There were a few mk3s with F430 kits there and from about 50 foot away, they look pretty convincing. the kit itself is actually really nice. BUT the fake brakes (plastic disks that sit between the real brakes and wheels) and the humungous spacers completely killed it for me.

A well sorted brake conversion and some decent deep rim'd wheels and it might actually look really nice.... but then you start factor'ing that in along with however many £000s the kit would cost and you are probably getting on for cheap supercar territory anyway....

Andy

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”