The History of the Factory Built GT300

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

ilogik

The History of the Factory Built GT300

Post by ilogik »

Translated from here: http://homepage2.nifty.com/garagehiro/r ... 300-1.html

October 1999.
Toyota MR-S MR2 as its successor.
The speed with which the difference between the turbo and supercharged MR2, MR-S sports car was a lightweight stressed.

However, since fiscal 2000 have been entered for the race GT Championship Series MR-S is very aggressive in silhouette,
Is so cool-looking fast was the car.

The same year in August 2000, from customized Moderisuta Toyota dealer, GT championship race car in the motif
MR-S Custom Car "VM180 TRD" was announced just one month showed a swing in popularity to sell out.
Both before and after the retrofit on one side and 3cm Burisutafenda swell, TRD MR-S was a charity even for Raitochun laden parts.
However, its design is a replica of feeling is even called the tyranny.

Autobacs custom car development project, not motif "replica" and to call to try to make a custom car.

Regulation of the GT championship race car, commercial vehicle from a width of 10cm were allowed to extend the modification.
Upstream sector of races Toyota, TRD designs attached to cooperate more with one side of 5cm wide, including the fender panel,
GT body parts to produce a faithful copy of a racing car championship run.
MR-S Racing finally completed as a replica of the real.

And January 12, 2001, Tokyo Auto Salon.
Toyota MR-S replica racer from Autobacs Seven Co., Ltd., the "Mono Craft GT-300" was announced.

- Structural changes in the inspection body No. 3 --

October 1999.
Toyota MR-S MR2 as its successor.
The speed with which the difference between the turbo and supercharged MR2, MR-S sports car was a lightweight stressed.

However, since fiscal 2000 have been entered for the race GT Championship Series MR-S is very aggressive in silhouette,
Is so cool-looking fast was the car.

The same year in August 2000, from customized Moderisuta Toyota dealer, GT championship race car in the motif
MR-S Custom Car "VM180 TRD" was announced just one month showed a swing in popularity to sell out.
Both before and after the retrofit on one side and 3cm Burisutafenda swell, TRD MR-S was a charity even for Raitochun laden parts.
However, its design is a replica of feeling is even called the tyranny.

Autobacs custom car development project, not motif "replica" and to call to try to make a custom car.

Regulation of the GT championship race car, commercial vehicle from a width of 10cm were allowed to extend the modification.
Upstream sector of races Toyota, TRD designs attached to cooperate more with one side of 5cm wide, including the fender panel,
GT body parts to produce a faithful copy of a racing car championship run.
MR-S Racing finally completed as a replica of the real.

And January 12, 2001, Tokyo Auto Salon.
Toyota MR-S replica racer from Autobacs Seven Co., Ltd., the "Mono Craft GT-300" was announced.

Mono Craft GT-300 is refurbished from the MR-S CAR Konpuritoka to register on the size and number three,
MR-S in併売on hand to fit them with the kit, limited production of 100 sets were sold.

Burisutafendapaneru the sides, around bumper, side skirts left and right Innafendakitto,
Fuel lid only, the full set of the emblem, 1 kit price is 400,000 cars.

Built-in panel of more than half of replacement vehicles, with an extensive refurbishment work to painting.
The trial assembly made of FRP panels, according to Chile's panel issued a surface, the paint work is nearly half of the car,
Starting point in about two weeks, and cost around 40 million take.

This MR-S from the full width of 1,690 mm to 1,790 mm wider.
Because the limit is 1,700 mm in size No. 5, has been inspected by structural changes in the Department of Motor Vehicles, and re-measure the size and number three.

Takashi, based on actual measurements, so the actual width, 1,790 mm and has Datsu Dattari 1,800 mm.

If I want to keep everything in Tsuraichi wider wheel size.
My GT-300 Star Craft made things work as a set of wheels and tires to recommend the S1 prepared in 35 million yen.

Konpuritoka the simplest B-only edition of the top five with a hard-drive until wheel speed manual
Three new car prices vehicle body structure changed number ¥ 3,000,000.

Report Report of Hilo car garage.

NEXT →

monocraft GT-300 Designed by TRD
- A full-scale replica of the first four-wheel racer --

Owner: Cooperation shooting Araki Toshikazu: Gunma Nettsutoyota Tomioka Iti and stores only
Photo & Text: J. Hiromoto
- Resarepurika目指Se the real! --

Approximately one year over three sold out in January 2002.

Response to the voice of Angkor, which was renewed in 2003 altered the design slightly in January,
Was released from the company as a regular item.
Being reviewed and the usability of the strength of the side skirts and fuel lid,
And inner fender and fender arch design was baked in the shapes and commercial vehicles.

Things made by hand in terms of design, the model is the least "TRD" logo-free.
This late model 2007 and one that all production is finished in January.

HighwayStar

Re: The History of the Factory Built GT300

Post by HighwayStar »

Shame about the spoiler and the presumably fake NACA side ducts... and how the rear wheel sits in the arch. That said the rest looks nice (tho they should have finished the rear without the horizontal bar going across at the bottom.. like the front... and it needs spats).
Other than the kit I'm not sure what else to comment on since the translator is hardly a babel fish in my ear.

R
ilogik

Post by ilogik »

HighwayStar wrote:Shame about the spoiler and the presumably fake NACA side ducts... and how the rear wheel sits in the arch. That said the rest looks nice (tho they should have finished the rear without the horizontal bar going across at the bottom.. like the front... and it needs spats).
Other than the kit I'm not sure what else to comment on since the translator is hardly a babel fish in my ear.

R

i don't get why the vent is fake lol? I got rid of the spoiler on my one.
johnmustang

Post by johnmustang »

I think, he can choose other kinds of spoiler. I guess it doesn't match on his car although the whole setup was great. This will work perhaps.

by:
Indianapolis Used Cars
Last edited by johnmustang on Sat Nov 13, 2010 4:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
PaulM

Post by PaulM »

Has anyone ever seen replica monocraft badges ?
ilogik

Post by ilogik »

nope, it was pretty rare to start with so replicas tend to be either a mixture of gen 1 and 2 or a poor replica with differences.

You also have stuff like the fuel filler which most replicas along with all the other small things such as exhaust, specific factory built wheels and coilovers tended to be part of the package.
excalibur1814

Moo

Post by excalibur1814 »

Yesh, that spoiler scares me more than my Friends Mothers socks.

Other than that.. lovely car

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”