Getting there.. My "600whp" cashpit! WARNING LOTS OF PICS!

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Magic Beans

Re: Getting there.. My "600whp" cashpit! WARNING LOTS OF PICS!

Post by Magic Beans »

She's quite a beast :shock:

The videos remind me of those R33 Skyline videos where it's constantly trying to break free of the dyno. Impressive :clap:

I can imagine the level of pre flight checks you need to do before venturing anywhere near boost.
1. Check you're pointing in a straight line
2. Check there's nothing within half a mile ahead of you.
3. Clench buttocks
4. Hold on

:lol:

Just spotted the side exit screamer too :shock:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Magic Beans wrote:She's quite a beast :shock:

The videos remind me of those R33 Skyline videos where it's constantly trying to break free of the dyno. Impressive :clap:

I can imagine the level of pre flight checks you need to do before venturing anywhere near boost.
3. Clench buttocks
4. Hold on

Also...
.read the mind of the person driving the car 1/4 mile infront to tell if they are likely to pull out any time soon.
.Look at the shape of the road as a 2'deg bend in becomes a 90deg corner in no time!
.Look at the road surface for damp spots etc
.Hold on for dear life lol

I describe it like trying to restrain a large dog on a lead whilst its trying to chase a cat :mrgreen:

Anyway, been awhile since i done any updates on here. Working on a few things atm such as :-

.Removed AC -done this and it has defiantly made a difference! 2nd gear has no traction in the dry whatsoever now..

.Re-locating the carpc and ECU to behind the passenger seat for tidyness of wires and easier access.

.Re-designing the IC end tanks to make more efficient use of the IC core and reduce overall IC pipe length and bends. Hopefully this will bring my intake temps down considerably as they peaked at 52'c on my last dyno tune which meant we had to keep Zero ignition timing meaning the engine is far from producing its peak power at the current boost level!

.Fitting a Nitrous oxide system as an anti-lag device, hopefully knocking 1000 ~ 1500 rpm off my turbo spool.

.Fixing the constantly cracking wastegate takeoff tube from the manifold.

.Designing a rear caliper adapter to run a 4-pot rear caliper and independent spot handbrake.

.And finally, Looking in to upgrading the cams to a spec more suitable for the power i am running.

Fingers crossed that after all of this it doesn't just go BANG!

Oh btw.. just to make a few people jealous - to remove my exhaust manifold, here is ALL the tools and All the nuts / bolts / clamps i have to remove -Plus it takes 20 minutes ;D

hehe :mrgreen:
ashley

Post by ashley »

RyanRs wrote:
Oh btw.. just to make a few people jealous - to remove my exhaust manifold, here is ALL the tools and All the nuts / bolts / clamps i have to remove -Plus it takes 20 minutes ;D

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/ ... 123200.jpg

You know how much that makes me hate you??!

:clown:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Very interested to hear what different the nitrous kit makes.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

RyanRs wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:She's quite a beast :shock:

3. Clench buttocks
4. Hold on

Also...
.read the mind of the person driving the car 1/4 mile infront to tell if they are likely to pull out any time soon.
.Look at the shape of the road as a 2'deg bend in becomes a 90deg corner in no time!
.Look at the road surface for damp spots etc
.Hold on for dear life lol

I describe it like trying to restrain a large dog on a lead whilst its trying to chase a cat :mrgreen:

Anyway, been awhile since i done any updates on here. Working on a few things atm such as :-

.Removed AC -done this and it has defiantly made a difference! 2nd gear has no traction in the dry whatsoever now..

.Re-locating the carpc and ECU to behind the passenger seat for tidyness of wires and easier access.

.Re-designing the IC end tanks to make more efficient use of the IC core and reduce overall IC pipe length and bends. Hopefully this will bring my intake temps down considerably as they peaked at 52'c on my last dyno tune which meant we had to keep Zero ignition timing meaning the engine is far from producing its peak power at the current boost level!

.Fitting a Nitrous oxide system as an anti-lag device, hopefully knocking 1000 ~ 1500 rpm off my turbo spool.

.Fixing the constantly cracking wastegate takeoff tube from the manifold.

.Designing a rear caliper adapter to run a 4-pot rear caliper and independent spot handbrake.

.And finally, Looking in to upgrading the cams to a spec more suitable for the power i am running.

Fingers crossed that after all of this it doesn't just go BANG!

Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b392/ ... 123200.jpg

Ryan, how are you me old mucka!?

I've been off IMOC for a couple of years and haven't you been busy during that time. I'm so so impressed with how far you've taken your car since the days of Bluewater. I still remember all the questions you had after recently getting it. I'd imagine you're more an IMOC guru these days!

Anyway, be careful mate and enjoy.

Bobby
SrSilkie

Post by SrSilkie »

Those engine pics are awesome!
madbasshunter

Post by madbasshunter »

Wow what a build :thumleft:
RyanRs wrote:
Skywalker wrote:explain how the coolant leaves the expansion tank and goes back into the coolant system?

Seriously , you don't know the answer to this? and you call yourself a car mechanic :shock:
DAN_REV1_TURBO

Post by DAN_REV1_TURBO »

Jesus, five hundred and forty horses that`s insane. :thumleft: :thumleft:
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

I've been off IMOC for a couple of years and haven't you been busy during that time. I'm so so impressed with how far you've taken your car since the days of Bluewater. I still remember all the questions you had after recently getting it. I'd imagine you're more an IMOC guru these days!

Bobby

Hey dude! only just seen this, how are you!? yea car went bang so decided to fix it myself then i got 'a little side tracked ' lol. Well, tbh i keep my guru'ness to myself tbh as theres always someone out there who thinks they know better but oh well. How are you, hows the nightclub and did you get a lotus??
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

D4N_V_U wrote:Jesus, five hundred and forty horses that`s insane. :thumleft: :thumleft:

Lol, its actually more than that. the reading was off by about 30~40 bhp. reasons was - car was so noisy we had to keep the massive bullet proof doors shut and the ambient temps went way up. No real airflow to the IC so it wasn't cooling as well as it would on the road and finally, everytime it hit boost it was trying to launch off the dyno so we had to strap it down with 2 additional truck straps which added a few extra tonne to the ass end. Dyno are set to oppose normal 1G load and the straps on mine made the car a lot heavier. Its prob more like 570bhp / 485lbft. Going on hub dyno next and with some upgrades, get another 0.2 bar of boost and more ignition timing, hopefully see a graph showing over 600 :twisted:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

RyanRs wrote:

Bobby

Hey dude! only just seen this, how are you!? yea car went bang so decided to fix it myself then i got 'a little side tracked ' lol. Well, tbh i keep my guru'ness to myself tbh as theres always someone out there who thinks they know better but oh well. How are you, hows the nightclub and did you get a lotus??

The club went well if its one I think I mentioned. Sold up last year when an irresistible offer came in. Now running two venues for two companies in Cen London.

As for the Lotus, nope! The MR2 was reshelled after the old codger drove into the side of it and then, much like yourself, got sidetracked though nothing on your level. Use the car less so these days so no point changing it or getting something else all I need is something that puts a smile on my face every now and then. The 2 still fits the bill. Love it!!!
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Quick update...

3s Block died @570bhp while going for a hard 4th to 5th pull uphill.. Seems a cylinder sleeve has sunk in the block and now it overheats whenever on boost.

So, 5sfe block soon to be ordered with 88mm pistons and HD pins, half fill cement in the coolant cavities to increase wall strength, GSC s1 cams, L19 studs.

Today however, this lot turned up ..Very nice Xmas present :mrgreen:

Lower arms are the best of the best and only made on request. Flywheel is probably the last remaining 'New' Tilton that was made for the 3s/5s and now just need to order in the clutch assembly. @ 7.5kg total weight for the fly + clutch added to an already much lightened 5s crank, eagle rods and forged pistons, this thing is going to rev like a superbike!! :twisted: :twisted:
ashley

Post by ashley »

Very nice!!

The lower arms come from Jeff?
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Na these ones are from Eric Hux aka Hux Racing ;D
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

Now powdercoated and ready to fit ;D

ashley

Post by ashley »

Where did you get to in the end with this Ryan??
J-1

Post by J-1 »

What was the outcome of this? I'm particularly interested in the cement factor!
RyanRs

Post by RyanRs »

This car is now breaking , all parts available.. :(

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=185292

Return to “Member Profiles”