Warranty Help

The last incarnation of our beloved mr2..Discussion and technical advice for the ZZW30 MR2 Roadster (MR-S), & MR2 Spyder. 1ZZ-FE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: Warranty Help

Post by tonigmr2 »

Flembo wrote:Surely that would only get rid of the rust stains on the outside of the door but it is bubbling underneath the stain and i would still have the rust in the inside of my door.
Have i not got a case with my warranty with what you can see?

In all honesty the photos are very difficult to pick out, I can't see the bubbling for instance. Got anything a bit more in context?
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

Thanks millentubby for the advice and it was not done by scuffing the door of a step/kerb.

Here is a pic of a close up of the bubbling that has started to appear on the door.

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/ae14 ... 1266180165
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Oh yeah that is quite bad. Very odd on a MK3, definitely worth giving Toyota a bit of grief I think!
LuizeGT

Post by LuizeGT »

take it to a dealer and see what they say, only way really
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

Took my car to a Toyota dealer today and he took a few pictures and then he phoned Toyota and got a reference number so will find out next week what will happen.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Interesting let us know.
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

I gave my local dealer a call to find out what was happening and was told that they are waiting on the area manager to visit the showroom so he can view the pictures and decide what is to happen.
Flembo

Post by Flembo »

Finally got a call from my local dealer today about my warranty and i was told that they have knocked it back as they are saying the rust has developed due to the door being rubbed on the underside by a kerb or step.
I thought if that was the case then why has the rust not developed from the bottom of the door instead of were the door skin has joined in the inside as you can see from my pics.
I was wondering if i still had a case to follow this up or do i just have to accept this from them.
Any help would be appreciated on what i can do next with this problem.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I'd object in writing and say the photos clearly show that is not the case if that's what you think, maybe a letter to Toyota GB too.

It's difficult because it is on an edge, I guess that was always a possibility.

Return to “MR2 MK3 2000-2007”