enkei racing/lexus

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

enkei racing/lexus

Post by loudandproud205 »

ive bought some enkei racing S split rims, but they were meant to be from a lexus soarer

now i did a bit of research first to check obvious things like pcd and offset.

i did check the center bore size but according to all the sources i saw the center bore on lexus was smaller than mr2 sw20???

so went to fit them and it seems they dont clear center bore? any one had any experince of lexus wheels before?

dont really want to run spacers because there 35 offset and the sit near dam perfect so any more and i think there is a proberable chance that wheel may pretude from wheel arch.

any help?
wadeski

Re: enkei racing/lexus

Post by wadeski »

so hang on, are you saying that the MR2 hub is bigger than the hole in the wheel?

if so, the only thing you could do would be to get them machined a bit wider i guess?
Marf

Post by Marf »

Whats the centre bore on an MR2?
SFLee

Post by SFLee »

60.1mm

but i read evey other car is usually bigger
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

see according to rim stock application mr2 w2 (sw20) is 60.1 and every other lexus listed is 60.1.

quick hunt of internet says there 60.1 i really dont understand why they dont seat porperly just sits proud :(
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Lexus wheels 'should' go straight on. I've met a couple of boys running Lexus rims on their 2s.

B
Slarty

Post by Slarty »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote: I've met a couple of boys running Lexus rims on their 2s.

B

Yup, plus there seem to be more than a few adverts for IS200 wheels for sale as a direct replacement.

This may be an obvious question @ the OP, but your old wheels didn't have spigot rings that got left behind on the hubs perhaps?
loudandproud205
IMOC Organiser

nope there on bare alloy,

everywhere ive looked seems there the same i cant have got a batch that was wrong as they definatley came of a lexus soarer

its confusing me thats for sure, everything points to they should fit, but will they hell as like, its not like its a tight fit either thou the pcd is perfect and when tightened there seems to be a constant 2/3mm gap all the way round.

rev 1 mr2 dont have bigger center bore than any other mr2 do they?

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”