Evening all,

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

T. Spark

Evening all,

Post by T. Spark »

Alright peeps, T. Spark here. Dont actually own a MR2, however wanting to! Hense why I am here. I'm currently switching jobs meaning I need a car to get to work and back

Currently in need of something reliable really, but at the same time abit of fun, and heard a late MR2 Rev2 might fit my needs and price?

I have sub 1k to spend, and have seen a few MR2 for sales within the price range, high miles but been told they go forever?

Anyway, just thought id say hello, any advice / links to decent cars would be a plus and if/when I do get one, will no doubt (this will stay standard) go to a few meets and that :)

Cheers

T. Spark
T. Spark

Re: Evening all,

Post by T. Spark »

Worth the £7.50 then ](*,)
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

if your buying an mr2 for under a grand , i would make sure it has plenty of mot and the cambelt has been done . the price range your looking at is basically a rev 1 / 2 n/a model. here something to maybe look at
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=127022
1993 GT TURBO
T. Spark

Post by T. Spark »

marc GT Turbo wrote:if your buying an mr2 for under a grand , i would make sure it has plenty of mot and the cambelt has been done . the price range your looking at is basically a rev 1 / 2 n/a model. here something to maybe look at

Big thanks for the reply :) Its abit of a new 'scene' for me, as ive actually never owned a car thats not any older than my current track car a 2005 plate, so looking at cars circa 15 years old is strange and well, unknown!

Im going to look at one tomorrow as it happens, with 5 months MOT, 6 months Tax, its a Rev2 T-BAR. Cambelt 20k ago, a few other bits done 10k ago (big jobbies) things like a oil change should be too bad as can do that once I have it.

Its a 1993 model like yours, but obv not as fast! Being N/A! Thanks for the heads up mate :)
Mike 'MR2' McHugh

Post by Mike 'MR2' McHugh »

Hi mate, ive been running a 93 Rev2 N/a as a daily driver for 9 years, wasnt so cheap 9 years ago when i bought it but i have had a lot of fun with it. Ive spent more on replacing bits just because i wanted to better it. I have not spent a great deal over the years on repairing it to be fair !!!

under a grand i think you are looking at a high milage totally standard with not great body work to be fair. For that price id expect to do some work.

I know they are getting old now but under a grand for a straight rev2 n/a is still a couple of years away. You never know though.

Good luck with the search and get some pics up when you have made you purchase !!! :thumleft:

Mike
It goes..Uhn tiss Uhn tiss Uhn tiss
marc GT Turbo

Post by marc GT Turbo »

T. Spark wrote:
marc GT Turbo wrote:if your buying an mr2 for under a grand , i would make sure it has plenty of mot and the cambelt has been done . the price range your looking at is basically a rev 1 / 2 n/a model. here something to maybe look at

Big thanks for the reply :) Its abit of a new 'scene' for me, as ive actually never owned a car thats not any older than my current track car a 2005 plate, so looking at cars circa 15 years old is strange and well, unknown!

Im going to look at one tomorrow as it happens, with 5 months MOT, 6 months Tax, its a Rev2 T-BAR. Cambelt 20k ago, a few other bits done 10k ago (big jobbies) things like a oil change should be too bad as can do that once I have it.

Its a 1993 model like yours, but obv not as fast! Being N/A! Thanks for the heads up mate :)

your welcome m8 :thumleft: let us know how you get on !
1993 GT TURBO
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Hiya mate. Good luck with the search, as said I think you'll need to do work to something you're going to get for sub 1k so maybe take along another member who knows his/her stuff when looking? They do keep going though... after 10+ yrs ownership mine's only 300 miles short of 200k.
Good luck... keep us informed.

R.
T. Spark

Post by T. Spark »

OK I did quote each one of these back, but says I need more posts to post URL's?!

Old thread... I know! But thanks to everyone who replied. I went and bought the one on here from a member, for a very good price. Needed some work since, but overall cannot really complain i'd say.

Big thanks for all the replies :)

Happy owner after over 2 years of ownership.
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Good to hear fella and congrats... mines still going strong too.
R
craig

Post by craig »

Good stuff mate, how've you not managed 15 posts since 2009 in order to post pics! :mrgreen:

15 posts is what is required to post images, so get stuck in some off topic banter and stick some pics up :thumleft:
HighwayStar

Post by HighwayStar »

Yeah let's see the old jalopy.. :thumleft:
T. Spark

Post by T. Spark »

As it stands still not at 15 posts! I must get some more posts then finally after 3 and a half years ownership you guys can see the old, pretty much standard MR2!
alan_uk

Post by alan_uk »

lmao i just actually laughed when i seen this that you after over 3 years still dont have 15 posts :)

im intrigued to see this car lol :thumleft:
RikH77

Post by RikH77 »

you used to roam seatcupra.net did you not
T. Spark

Post by T. Spark »

alan_uk wrote:lmao i just actually laughed when i seen this that you after over 3 years still dont have 15 posts :)

im intrigued to see this car lol :thumleft:

Haha, its pretty strange as on most forums, I am a post whore :/

I think I might have enought posts now! But its basically a standard UK Spec T-BAR in Sunburst Red, with clear inidictors (rev2 you see!)

Will try and find some piccies :)
T. Spark

Post by T. Spark »

RikH77 wrote:you used to roam seatcupra.net did you not

Blast from the past! By roam you mean a regular then yes, yes I did! I have however been banned from that lovely forum for a very, very long time!

I would like to stress it was a set up and I am not guilty :)

Return to “Member Profiles”