JAE 2009 comments and reports

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

craig

Re: JAE 2009 comments and reports

Post by craig »

robbrookes5 wrote:
RedMR² wrote:
robbrookes5 wrote:nametags are a must for next year!!!!

I had an IMOC shirt with me username on the back :mrgreen: :thumleft:

i never saw ya t-shirt lol

bloody heads sunburnt thoough :(

:mrgreen:

Name tags maybe a good idea then :lol:

I got a sunburnt forehead :(
Ekona

Post by Ekona »

Just wanted to give a big thank you to all the people at IMOC for the organising and setting up of various stuff over the weekend, especially Scott who never seemed to be doing anything that wasn't pro-active! Sorry I didn't really get a chance to speak to most of you (again), great weekend though and it's always good when the three clubs get together.

Sadly, it wasn't all good though. Upon cleaning the front of my car yesterday morning, I discovered that some utter w*nker has reversed into the bumper, seriously distorting the plastic and creating a deep gouge in the paintwork. Now, my front bumper isn't exactly flawless: There's stone chips galore, along with a light scratch on one side so it's really not the end of the word, but what is so disappointing is that no-one bothered to either tell me or even leave a note or anything. Had someone told me then I'd actually have been okay about it, but it's the fact that someone covered it up. I've got no proof or anything of who did it, but it distinctly looks like it was an exhaust that did the damage rather than a bumper or similar. Given that the only cars around mine all weekend were either from here or from ROC, it really saddens me that this could happen. I know I wasn't in an MR2 but I still consider myself just as much a part of this community and have been so for many years now, and I don't know if that had anything to do with the person not owning up. If that person happens to read this, then shame on you. :evil:

Other than that, great weekend and roll on next year! :D
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Excellent weekend, thanks guys and particularly Scott who's a hero. :thumleft:

I enjoyed being an honorary MR2 for the weekend. :mrgreen:
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

tonigmr2 wrote:Excellent weekend, thanks guys and particularly Scott who's a hero. :thumleft:

A guitar hero no less...
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

Thanks from me as well, I spoke to a lot of people this weekend but my most enjoyable visits were IMOC, especially to catch up with old friends and eat some lovely pig, extra special thanks for that. Thanks to all the organisers, well done Scott :thumleft:

I had an incredibly busy weekend, work mixed with pleasure but to be honest it was all a pleasure. My favourite JAE yet, great venue, facilities, turnout etc

Roll on JAE 2010 :D
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
turbo

Post by turbo »

wow what a great weekend it was the best jae that ive been too in 5 years,wasnt sure if i was gonna go as my car was taken off the road with engine problems on wednesday but really glad i did as i had a great time,met new peeps and some old friends so a big thanks to scott and john for a great weekend and see you both on the trackday (craig)
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

benedwards64 wrote:And how can I forget Guitar-Hero Gurning! :lol: :lol: :lol:

:evil:

Had a great time again the weather was great and I never had a habachi sun burn strip this time either just my GH gurning awards still be put in the post :mrgreen:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Are we going to see photo's of the weekend?
Truly gutted I never made it this year.
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

matt_mr2t wrote:Are we going to see photo's of the weekend?

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=123685
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
Ayshe

Post by Ayshe »

We had such a lovely time this weekend, unfortunately we had to leave on Saturday as the other half threw up in the tent so we didnt have anything to sleep on and couldnt deal with another night of sleeping in the car!!!!

Nice to meet some of you, I was a bit shy so didn't speak to as many of you as I wanted but you seem a really nice bunch of people and i'm looking forward to some more meets :thumleft:
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

Was nice to meet the ones i met.

Sorry if i was a pest on Saturday, someone forcefully made me drink lots of Rum and other alcoholic drinks :whistle:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

Cracking weekend, cheers for all the work everyon put in (Major thanks to Scott, as said previous, he seemed to be ALWAYS working or doing something, top effot that man!)
Cracking plot, superb set up, and amazing weather! (but night time - WTF! I was nearly dead!) Managed to make a hash of my sleeping bag inthe dark after going for a pee, and zipped up both zips without realising giving me a cape to wear, had it fastened just around my shoulders and had all my body hanging out of it without being able to work out how to fix it! ](*,)

Also, thanks to Dale for giving me rib & jaw ache from laughing on Friday night!

Dale...................... Got any bacon?
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Was there no fancy dress this year?
toxo
IMOC Committee

Post by toxo »

matt_mr2t wrote:Was there no fancy dress this year?

Only Stevie, who turned up in our marquee Saturday night in a toga :)
IMOC-UK - the only club to win 'Best Club Stand' at JAE more than once, and twice in a row!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Was it Stevie who wore a dress another year (I wasnt there but heard about it)
Dale_V

Post by Dale_V »

Cracking weekend, such a well organised event by the imoc admin :clap:

RedMR² wrote:Dale you were so funny on friday night! My face was aching all night from laughing.

Steve Horrocks wrote:
Also, thanks to Dale for giving me rib & jaw ache from laughing on Friday night!

lol lads, I aim to please, I just hope I didnt offend any members during my drunken state that night :mrgreen:

Steve Horrocks wrote:
Dale...................... Got any bacon?

put some bacon on.... you c***! :mrgreen:
spit

Post by spit »

Just a quick hop in from me to pass on my thanks from ROC to IMOC Admin (and particularly Scott) for making this a really memorable weekend.

It was great to mingle in with the other Clubs in the village through the shared facilities and display layout. You're not as scary as we thought :lol:

This is a cracking baseline for an even better gathering next year (hopefully with a dedicated generator for us coffee addicts! :oops: ).

Congrats to all for your organisational genius. See you soon

Ste
StevieL

Post by StevieL »

matt_mr2t wrote:Was it Stevie who wore a dress another year (I wasnt there but heard about it)

Yes, fancy dress FTW \:D/
Dangerous

Post by Dangerous »

:thumleft: me and the posse had a great weekend as usual!! top work scott and the other organisers :wink:

hopefully i'll be in the "2" next year.... :roll:
jim-mapps

Post by jim-mapps »

Had a brilliant weekend, thanks to Scott and the team :thumleft:

Good to put faces to names, it seemed like everyone recognised me! can't figure out why :lol:
Boys from the Dwarf are coming back!

Return to “JAE 2009”