TOTB - The Team

Information and discussion about TOTB

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

michael

Re: TOTB - The Team

Post by michael »

Does anyone know what colour cadbury chris' car is?

I've just noticed something regarding the colour of the cars in the team:

larry93 - Black
Ggilbert_MR2 - Black
Scott Barton - Black
greeny - Black
Century Motorsport - White & Black (used to be black)
cadbury chris - Not sure on colour

I always said black ones were the fastest ;)
michael

Post by michael »

Unfortunately Chris Hayes (cadbury chris) has had to withdraw his entry due to delays with the car, necessary upgrades to cope with the power it's putting out aren't ready and the car wouldn't be able to launch safely without them.

A massive shame for Chris and the team but these things happen.
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

:(

That is a shame...then there was 5. Is he still going up to spectate?
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

michael wrote:Unfortunately Chris Hayes (cadbury chris) has had to withdraw his entry due to delays with the car, necessary upgrades to cope with the power it's putting out aren't ready and the car wouldn't be able to launch safely without them.

A massive shame for Chris and the team but these things happen.

nooooooooooo! I really wanted to see that car!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
greeny

Post by greeny »

Then there were 4.5......

Right, where do i start!

Unfortunately the last couple of weeks have been an absolute nightmare trying to get the car running.

Engine started knocking, so off with sump etc only to find everything still mint :-k Turns out it was just my clutch making some weird noises ](*,)

Ive made a few changes to the setup since last year and one was the change to run a COP ignition system, So had the relevant components made and fitted them. Car fired and ran fine so assumed all was well and ready for mapping. Took the long trip down to surrey for ryan to work he's magic, only to find out my crank/trigger wheels were not upto scratch ](*,) Then spend till 4am :shock: in the morning trying to sort the problems!

So long drive back home and found a way around the ignition problems using the dizzy, not as good as the trigger wheel setup but it should atleast work.....

So off we go again to get mapped, worked a few bugs out and all seems to be going well..... Then the first thing rear its head was the test on the nitrous found that the nitrous solenoids were faulty/not opening up (all brand new), anyways start off mapping without the nitrous, all seems to be going well.....just getting the afrs in line and.....problem #2 rears its head.......

It starts to be running lean after 6k :-k Checking the fuel pressure regulator reveals fuel pressure dropping from 6k onwards :roll: First thoughts are one of my intank walbros failing.... So then start to diagnose further and ryan quickly notes the battery voltage dropping,....

Alternators now fooked #-o no point in carrying on, so off the dyno it comes again and off we go home!

This was on this wed, so managed to source a new alternator and got it fitted today, voltage is now good to 8.5k.

So... The unfortunate position im in is I either pull out, or run it 1/4 mapped!

As i love the event, we've decided to run it and try and tweak it throughout the day as we go, as ive obviously no time to get back to the dyno.

I'l put some racefuel in it for a little protection and see what happens 8-[

So i'l see you all there, albeit running very little power, but we'l give it a go!

Unfortunately i wont be giving Nathan a run for his money this year! :)

Sorry chaps, but we've all given it 110% to try and get it ready, but everything has just gone against us!

I MUST say a MASSIVE thankyou to Ryan of 2bartuning!! :clap:

This chap has absolutely bent over backwards for me over the last few weeks! Really, really has! Couldnt ask for anything more! His work and help has been unbelievable, and appreciated greatly! Its sometimes rare to find genuine good people nowadays, but he's definately a goodun :mrgreen: :oldtongue: A privalege to be able to call him a friend.

Ive now finally realised.........i hate my car :lol:

Now just to get past the noise test......... :roll:

Ryan advised me to not run it as theres little point, but hey ho we'l see what happens :mrgreen:

See you all sat/sun :thumleft:

Michael.
TOTB 2010 Rwd top speed, 1/4 and shootout winner.
10.7@142 on R888 street tyres, 10.3@134mph on slicks,
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
Century Motorsport

Post by Century Motorsport »

Sorry to hear your troubles, but I'm really happy your going to give it a go -10/10 for effort.

Ive now finally realised.........i hate my car

That'll soon change when you run the 10, or even 9!
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
Century Motorsport

Oh and if your nitrous kit is a WON item Trevor will be there tomorrow so get on his case and get him to replace them! If you can contact him today he can bring them with him :mrgreen:
Builders of the the UK's first 9second MR2 - 9.722 @ 148 MPH ----- 07947883103 ---- www.centurymotorsport.com
paulsmr2

Post by paulsmr2 »

heading of in an hour,
see you later guys :D
GGilbert_MR2

Post by GGilbert_MR2 »

Had a cracking day. Car still in one piece!

Nice to meet the new faces!

Scot - PM me your e-mail and i'll send you video footage of our head to head. You nearly had me :mad:
larry93

Post by larry93 »

just home to edinburgh.
turned out a cracking day in the end, though was nearly going home at 12 due to weather.
car was faultless on day just couldnt get traction on launching ,surface was awful.
great to meet some new faces and the again great team effort well done to you all.
thanks michael for once again organising and all your hard work chasing us up.
and thanks to club for there involvment and enthusiasm.
michael

Post by michael »

Anyone else suffering from sunburn despite not seeing the sun or even the sky for most of the day?

Not as bad as previous years but I've definitely got a glow to my face tonight... maybe it's the race fuel :)
Century Motorsport

Not long back.... had a pretty fun day.

Started hectic and didnt look promising weather wise but luckily it dried up and we all got some running!

Was gutted not to be able to compete in the eliminator due to 5th gear making a break for freedom but had a good day none the less.

Great to see new people in the team and the same with the veterans of the team, and finally thanks for Michael for doing a cracking job and getting us the best pitch year in year out!
Scott Barton
IMOC Committee

Post by Scott Barton »

GGilbert_MR2 wrote:Had a cracking day. Car still in one piece!

Nice to meet the new faces!

Scot - PM me your e-mail and i'll send you video footage of our head to head. You nearly had me :mad:

Likewise. Echo all the comments above. Was a great day, and a good first experience for me. Cursed my 3rd gear all day, at high revs it would just NOT go in! Lost lots of time and did consistent 14 sec passes. :evil: WTF!!

Thanks Mitch for all your work and thanks to all club members who turned up to cheer us on. I hope you enjoyed it. :thumleft:
IMOC - winners of JAE best overall club stand 2010, 2013, 2014 & 2017!
1994 GT-S T-Bar 397bhp with NOS *sold*
2016 Porsche Cayman 981GTS 347bhp Flat Six
greeny

Post by greeny »

Yep weather wasnt great! Thanks to all involved again :thumleft:

Especially mitch for helping knock 13db of noise off my exhaust! :oops:

Surprised my engines still in one piece...again!

It ran lean again as i forgot to put enough fuel in.....again!

It chucked half its oil out of the breather @ ~150mph, which gave the crowd something to cheer about :mrgreen:

My new box wont go into 3rd at anything over 5k either :roll:

So, I think i just wasnt meant to run this year! but we tried!

Just all added to probs id already had, but hey! Was good fun :thumleft:

Times werent great, but we didnt expect them to be!

Shame but hope we'l have more luck next time!

Michael.
9's on slicks to come, with a clean full throttle pass! Goal of 0-150mph in a 1/4 of a mile....
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

It's damn hard to get it all going right on the day, so well done guys.
T
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

was a good day guys and well done to the imoc team.
Was good to meet a few more faces, also good to see a few cars run i hadnt seen before including greenys :thumleft:

Kinda given me the incentive to try and get a build ready for next year and even give it a bash for a laugh, as it all looked great fun.
Onto the next one guys :thumleft:

dave
nitric4k

Post by nitric4k »

was some good runs, though guys i had a good day though i didnt bump into anyone as i wasnt in my 2 :(
Century Motorsport

Had the gear box off my car today, problem was 5th gear selector fork had snapped in half!
Munnsy

Post by Munnsy »

is that a straight repair nath?? or are you just going to replace with another gearbox?
greeny

Post by greeny »

Century Motorsport wrote:Had the gear box off my car today, problem was 5th gear selector fork had snapped in half!

I may have one, if it didnt get damaged in my last box if interested?

Return to “TOTB - Team IMOC-UK”