£30 reward if you can help

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Moo

£30 reward if you can help

Post by Moo »

I will pay £30 to whoever can find me somewhere that has a Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3 235/40/17 90Y in stock.

I need to replace one of my rears as it's bulging on the sidewall but this tyre is discontinued and I'll be bu**ered if I can find it anywhere. I'm running 4 of these tyres and they've hardly done any miles so if I can't find a replacement I'd have to replace both rears.

I found a place in America that has them but they only ship a minimum of 4 :cry:

I'm serious, if you can find me a place that has these in stock, either in the UK or abroad (if abroad they will have to be able to ship just 1 tyre), you will make my day and I will make you £30 richer once the order is placed and confirmed dispatched :thumleft:

I've already tried camskill, mytyres, blackcircles and customwheelsdirect.com (USA) and spent about 4 hours on google looking for this tyre!

Mission on!
Mousey

Re: £30 reward if you can help

Post by Mousey »

Moo

Post by Moo »

Alas no. Those are the F1 asymmetric which replaced the GS-D3.

Was getting all excited then when I saw the reply :lol:
si2040

Post by si2040 »

Not sold in the UK so would not bother trying too hard

235/50R17 96Y GOODYEAR EAGLE F1 GSD3

These are the closest you will get!
MR2 Night Fox
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

My dad's garage may have some, i'll check in the morning for you
Moo

Post by Moo »

Cheers :thumleft:

By the way, if anybody happens to find what I'm after please post details on this thread rather than PM'ing me. I will definitely pay the reward if it pans out but don't want there to be a big row about who sent the first PM etc.

Cheers :thumleft:
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

I think i've found some

http://www.ctyres.co.uk
lockys96

Post by lockys96 »

just change you tyres
Moo

Post by Moo »

Yeah I thought that too. Placed an order with them last week thinking I'd sorted it only to get an email back from them saying there is a problem with their stock levels and they don't actually have any :mad: Still waiting for them to refund my money :(

Sorry, should have mentioned I'd tried that place. I really appreciate you taking the time to look though, thanks :thumleft:

Sent: 03 June 2009 19:56
To: '"Ahmed"'
Subject: RE: Goodyear EAGLE F1 235/40/17 90Y

Hi,

Thanks for offering the alternative tyre but on this occasion I ask that you do a refund on this order.

Regards,

Paul

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 03 June 2009 12:57
To: [email protected]
Subject: Goodyear EAGLE F1 235/40/17 90Y

RE: Goodyear EAGLE F1 235/40/17 90Y

I’m sorry the tyres your ordered are currently out of stock. you should
have been informed at the time of your purchase but due to an error on our
system we were showing them in stock however wherehouse staff were unable to
locate them. we are not expecting these tyres in again as it is an old
patter We have other alternatives we can offer you namely the Goodyear F1
Assimetric tyres priced is considerbly higher but we would do them at the
same price for you.

please advise if you would take our alternative or would like a refund on

this order thanks.

CTYRES.CO.UK
Phone sales: 0845 094 09 09
Email: [email protected]

This e-mail, together with any attachments, is confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or
opinions presented are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of the company.
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have received
this e-mail in error and that any use, dissemination, forwarding, printing,
or copying of this e-mail or attachment is strictly prohibited.
If you have received this e-mail in error please notify us by replying to
this e-mail.

E-mail may be intercepted or affected by viruses and we accept no
responsibility for any interception or liability for any form of viruses
introduced with this e-mail.

For risk, protection and security purposes, we may monitor e-mails and take
appropriate action.
Chris

Post by Chris »

Got a pair of new ones I think on 2 wheels I used to go 30miles or so home once. Are they the directional ones? with the Vtype tread? If so I could sell them. As new 8mm tread.
Valentino MR2

Post by Valentino MR2 »

http://www.bestbuytyres.co.uk list them but look like they don't do mail order
Moo

Post by Moo »

lockys96 wrote:just change you tyres

Ultimately I may have to but that means having to change both rear tyres as there's no way I would run with a mismatched set on the rear. Given these tyres have done bu88er all miles and are practically new it means chucking away a new tyre for no reason.

There's one out there, I just have to find it!

On a different note, if anybody has similar problems with bulging or other problems not caused by accidental damage, it's worth talking to the tyre manufacturer or the company who sold the tyres. I spoke to Goodyear about this as I'm pretty miffed given how new these tyre are. The tyre will be going back for an inspection and hopefully a refund.

Thank you for your email,

I was sorry to read of the bulge on your tyres

I have attached a scan of an article on how tyre bulges can occur. In theory, if a tyre is going to bulge from manufacturing issues it would be likely to be bulging from the original date of fitting and inflation.

If you do not feel the attached article covers your issue, our passenger tyres are warranted for 5 years from date of manufacture, or date of purchase if proof can be shown. The warranty covers manufacturing and materials but not accidental damage, natural wear, etc. caused during use. We offer a tyre inspection service for any tyre dealer or member of the public.

Vehicle main agents and tyre dealers can send tyres back for inspection if they have an account with us. If they do not have an account the return can be made through their wholesaler who will then arrange to return the tyre here on their behalf. With regards to returns it is always best to give the product to the person who took your money for it when new. This best covers you under the sale of goods act.

Should we during our inspection offer an allowance (allowances granted are not an admission of liability) it will be % based and is worked out using the remaining tread depth of the tyre. We then advise the recommended allowance to the account holder by letter. A letter advising you of the results is also sent as long as your name and address have been included on the complaint form that dealers raise. If the dealer has no forms or electronic version on their computer they can obtain pads from the BTMA on 0207 457 5040.

The allowance will be made to the account holder who returned the tyre to us. It will be based on their purchase price of the tyre from us. Most dealers will then normally reflect that allowance back to their customer based on their payment price should of course the tyre or a replacement tyre have been brought from them. You will need to speak to your dealer regarding their complaint tyre policy and allowance reimbursement to yourself.

If no allowance is offered on your tyre we will hold it for 14 days. The tyre will then be disposed of. Should you require your tyre back you will need to arrange for a carrier to pick it up within the 14 day period. The return cost would need to be covered by yourself. Carriage costs from the account holding dealer to ourselves are covered by us regardless of the outcome.
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

You tried wheelbase? Pm andy jones on here, he works there. Or try ringing them direct. Wheelbase.co.uk iirc
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Moo

Post by Moo »

Valentino MR2 wrote:http://www.bestbuytyres.co.uk list them but look like they don't do mail order

That looks encouraging. The fact they still list this tyre is a good sign :D

Went through the order but it seems you have to choose one of their outlets to have the tyre fitted and they deliver the tyre to that outlet. There is an option to speak to somebody so maybe that's how you get them to deliver direct to you.

They aren't open weekends so will call them Monday and see if they do have this tyre :pray:

Cheers for that link Valentino, will let you know how it goes. Would be good if you could still check with your dad's garage though :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Steve Horrocks wrote:You tried wheelbase? Pm andy jones on here, he works there. Or try ringing them direct. Wheelbase.co.uk iirc

Thanks, I haven't tried them yet :thumleft:
Moo

Post by Moo »

Chris wrote:Got a pair of new ones I think on 2 wheels I used to go 30miles or so home once. Are they the directional ones? with the Vtype tread? If so I could sell them. As new 8mm tread.

Sorry missed this. Are you saying you have a pair of these for sale? Yes they are the directional ones with V type tread. If they are the right one's I'll bite your arm off for them both!!

Chris

Post by Chris »

Yep, they're the ones :thumleft: Got a pair of 235/40/17's on a set of spare rims. I'll double check the speed rating etc. But they are deffo them tyres :D I got them for emergency use. Done no milage at all.
Moo

Post by Moo »

Diamond. Lets talk about money :wink:
al/c

tyres.

Post by al/c »

i,ve just found 1 tyre to replace one of my rear gsd f1,s the same size as your,s. took me 2 months to find it as they are no longer made. mine had a bulge appear after 300 miles and only found out at the mot station :evil: .i will go back to falkens next time, handle well and last longer.
Moo

Re: tyres.

Post by Moo »

al/c wrote:i,ve just found 1 tyre to replace one of my rear gsd f1,s the same size as your,s. took me 2 months to find it as they are no longer made. mine had a bulge appear after 300 miles and only found out at the mot station :evil: .i will go back to falkens next time, handle well and last longer.

Do you still have the tyre with the bulge in it? If so speak to the place who sold it to you. If it was a manufacturer defect they will send it back to Goodyear for inspection and you could be due a refund.

Thanks to IMOC I was lucky to find 2 of these in just 1 evening :D I love this forum :D

IMOC 1
Rest of the world 0

\:D/

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”