[FINALIZED] Zircon Blue Rev 2 Turbo £2,750 ONO

MR2s for sale - all versions & variants

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

matt_mr2t

Zircon Blue Rev 2 Turbo £2,750 ONO

Post by matt_mr2t »

I will definately be selling this soon, just want to gauge interest first as it's (and I'm) not quite ready to sell.

1992 Revision 2 MR2 GT Turbo
Zircon Blue
90k miles. (it's a bit over than in fact but I cant remember, might be 93k)

6 month tax (as of April) & MOT till August.

Engine:

Revision 2 engine with Revision 3 CT20b Turbo
Rogue down pipe de-cat.
Berk full stainless steel exhaust + Rogue SS downpipe.
Berk intercooler.
Induction kit. (never heard of it before - m's?)
Samco blue boost hoses. (turbo through to inlet)
HKS SSQV
Apexi AVCR electronic boost controller. (mounted in ashtray - still have that too)
Dastek Unichip piggyback ECU
Aprox 300bhp at Fly Wheel.
RPS 6 paddle clutch rated to 400lbs torque.
Rocker cover, strut brace and bulk head heat shield PROFESSIONALLY painted blue, turbo heat shield on contrasting high temp paint.
Magnecor blue leads + updated spark plugs.

Chassis
TEIN coilovers. Think they are Type HA or HR, which ever DON'T have rebound adjustment.
TEIN solid top mounts.
18 Wolfrace Katana alloys in Shadow chrome.
225/35/18 Falken FK542 rear tyres (7 months old hardly used)
215/35/18 front tires, good tread.

Styling:

Revision 3 rear lights with smooth colour coded centre panel. (no badge or reverse lights - perfectly legal and no worries on the MOT)
Clear front side lights. (DC dezign ones)
Limo black rear and rear ¼ windows.

Interior
Standard GT extras. Half leather seats, climate control (gas has run out)
Blitz turbo timer.
AVCR fitted into ashtray.
EL dials. White with blue glow (also green with a switch fitted to steering column)

Sony 10 sub in custom designed box behind seat.
Eclipse amplifier.
Generic Japanese CD player or possibly a very nice Kenwood HU if I can be pursuaded to part with it (was a very nice b'day present a few years ago and I really like it :thumleft: )

About the car itself.

I've owned it since July 2004, it had 79k miles on it when I bought it. Was not far from standard then, just a set of wheels (not these ones), an HKS exhaust (which rusted so I got the Berk) and an induction kit.
Everything else listed I have done myself at what I consider a lot of expense.

It had a knock a few years back. The back broke away and it went into a fence. Had to replace the bumber, headlight, wing and drivers side door. You have to really look to see the job done on it and tbh, if you didnt know you probably wouldnt notice.

The only thing that's really gone "wrong" with it was the mandatory knock sensor failure. I replaced it years ago with a GM sensor which hasnt caused any problems other than the odd 52 error code. I also have a spare rev 3 sensor that I never saw the need to fit.

I changed the pads before the last MOT and have seen at most a couple of thousand but tbh, probably far less than that (as with the rear tyres)

The bad bits?

Well as usual, the drivers side bolster is totally knackered. The rest of the seats are immaculate, if I could have found some where local to retrim it I would have done as other than that bolster you wont find a used set in better nick. (the passenger seat has hardly been used since I've owned it!)

The front splitter is a bit messy. It used to be Franks (cosmos blue) and it was that colour. The paint has flaked. There's a few stone chips here and there and a little scuff right at the front of the bumper.

You probably see this a lot but I really don't want to have to sell the car. The only reason it's even crossed my mind is that I have £13k worth of loan to pay off and as I'm 28 this year I would like to do it sooner rather than later.

On Saturday Ben (Tiny) came round and spent 6 hours tidying it up. Claybar all over, then PC with mild polish followed by a nice gloss product then a wax over. These photo's, I promise, do not do it justice.

It's lived in my garage for the near on 5 years I've had it btw and as you can tell by the miles I've put on it, been purely a play thing and not a daily driver run into the ground.

Oh and I bought a brand spanking new battery last week which I have left disconnected so it doesnt drain needlessly.

And it has a Clifford Concept 600 alarm which works, but needs a new battery in the siren.

I'm sure there's more that will pop into my head lol.

Here's some pics taken Saturday after Ben was done.

I know roughly what I think it's worth. But would welcome OFFERS via PM ideally. Not interested in starting a debate on here about it's value as it will, as usual, decent into a pointless argument.
Last edited by matt_mr2t on Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tiny

Re: [FINALIZED] Zircon Blue Rev 2 Turbo £2,750 ONO

Post by Tiny »

Hey why am I in the Bad bits [-(

I had a really enjoyable time Detailing this car on Saturday
There were a few minor scratches none of which were through to the base coat and all are now removed leaving a Fresh showroom finish to the car.

Unfortunately the sun had gone in behind cloud By the time I had finished so there are no really stunning sun pictures but the depth and definition to the reflections really show how good the paint is on the car.

The paint was one of THE best I have worked with on a MR2 and is such a beautiful rare colour. It deserves to go to someone who will look a after and treat this car with the same care that Matt has.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Cheers Ben, it's always nice when some one appreciates it :thumleft:

Btw, you're not in the bad bits, I just rattled things off randomly lol.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Stunning car mate. Lovely colour.

I do love your seat comment though. Drivers bolser is knackered but the other 'seats' are ok!! The other 1!
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I meant every part of the drivers and passenger seat is pretty immaculate other than the bolster on 1 side lol.
Usually they're cracked and faded every where but not mine :thumleft:
Rhiannan

Post by Rhiannan »

Matt it's a lovely car, and a nice rare colour, I'm sure someone will buy it up, hope you get what you want for it :thumleft:

Just keep thinking of the long term goal 8)
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Some engine pics (minus the SSQV which is now fitted)

nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Stunning. :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Cheers mate. Got that done at by 3s. Cost a fair bit as it's proper 2 pack paint with high temp stuff mixed in apparently. Still just wipes clean and comes up shiney. Think the cost of the paint, blue leads, ssqv, and silicone hoses was over £600 add the £400 odd quid for the intercooler adding to the bling and that's one expensive engine dress up :oops: What ever this car sells for it'll be at a great loss both financially and emotionally :cry:
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

I was wondering that fact. Will you really save that much money selling it? You will have to get another car anyway. Such a shame to get rid. I miss my MR2 like mad Matt. :cry:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

My mum has donatd me her old Astra for free.

£250 per year to insure instead of aprox £900
35+ mpg instead of 18-22 mpg

Plus the money I get for the 2 will go with other money I have to pay a healthy chunk off the loan. It's at £13k (ish) at the moment. I could potentially have it down to £8k or even less this year. With the money saved on insurance (and possibly my garage bill if I can swing it) I can get that paid off quite quick.

If I keep it it's just money sitting in the garage doing nothing and effectively being worth less and less anyway.

I've had 2 people PM me so far with tentative interest.

Just so people know, I will sell this anytime for the right money, but as it stands I dont have the cash to tax it meaning it cant be taken out for a test drive. I'm also going on holiday for a week on the 25th so wont be around.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

Thats fair enough Matt.

Good luck man, id take it in a second if i had the money. :thumleft:
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

You dont know what I want for it yet :lol:
dmhoward82

Post by dmhoward82 »

A 12 crate of stella :P and ill throw in my old dear :P ha looks very nice man good luck :P
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

matt_mr2t wrote:You dont know what I want for it yet :lol:

Im intrigued!!! Drop me a PM if you want to reveal!!
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

grr if i was a little older (insurance) and a lil richer... I remember this from the last JAE. Good fun following you down to mersey :D Very nice car :D
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

It was indeed a fun drive through to Mersea. I seem to remember Scott and I popping a few wayward flames in your direction that day though :oops:

I would think at your age insurance would be hideous to be fair. I was 23 when I got it and it was £1,585 TPFT back then :cry:

Anyway, latest update, I'm gonna go tax it (6 months) shortly. The only thing the car really needs is an oil change and a head light surround which I'll try and pick up asap.

Interest welcome.
ppre89

Post by ppre89 »

Yeah flamage was great!!!! not sure about that truck throwing god knows what up at our windscreens tho :S 19 with 1NCB im payin 1600 3rd party fire and theft on my MK1 :S not even gonna look into a mk2 turbo lol
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Bumpety bump. Had a few tentative PM's but no serious interest yet.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Going on Piston Heads next week for £3k

Will budge with an IMOC member...

Return to “MR2s for Sale”