[All] [Turbo] uprated turbos and lag!!

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

bolton

[All] [Turbo] uprated turbos and lag!!

Post by bolton »

just wondered whem peoples uprated turbos kick in?? like t3/4 or td06 or gt turbos, when do you start to spool?? cheers
steve

Re: [All] [Turbo] uprated turbos and lag!!

Post by steve »

i'm after the same sort of info as i'm looking for a turbo kit after the engine rebuild, might aswell add it to this thread :D

what rpm do the following hit 1bar of boost (stock VE):-

- td06
- gt2871r
- gt3071r .63
-:[KM]:-

Post by -:[KM]:- »

Here you go..
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic. ... sc&start=0

Should help a little.. Not <quite> answering the question directly, but examining the graphs will roughly pinpoint spool and dropoff.

:wink:
^Trickster^

Post by ^Trickster^ »

who cares when it kicks in, its what it does when it does kick in!

Just run a gear lower if your worried about lag.

For the record my td06 was full boost at about 3750 and my gt3076r makes it at about 4000 i think, have to check the graph. I never rev that low anyway, thats practically stalling!

Graeme
JJ

Post by JJ »

If you want to see lag, come for a spin in mine ! :mrgreen:

Big a55 HKS T04R - 5500 rpm full boost ...opens the taps and rockets along ! Open road, the power is brilliant kept above 5K.

I am considering downsizing to a GT35R for a bit more spool as I doo like track days ( and the fact its a modern DBB turbo ) ... as the big turbo can catch you off guard out of a tight corner occasionally... As tricksters said... right gear, right revs.. just means you have to drive the car opposed to being a performance jockey ! :mrgreen:
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

^Trickster^ wrote:who cares when it kicks in, its what it does when it does kick in!

For the record my td06 was full boost at about 3750 and my gt3076r makes it at about 4000 i think, have to check the graph. I never rev that low anyway, thats practically stalling!

Graeme

Love that quote!! :lol:
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

cantfindausername wrote:
^Trickster^ wrote:who cares when it kicks in, its what it does when it does kick in!

Graeme

Love that quote!! :lol:

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
2barGee

Post by 2barGee »

Once your on booost your fine anyway, like its been said above just drop it down a cog and off you go.

I quite like a bit of lag its like 4 play :wink:
bobhatton

Post by bobhatton »

With a 50HP shot of nitrous there would be NO lag.

Bob
Designer for turbo set ups on F1 cars, and Nitrous Oxide Systems of the USA in the 80s
JJ

Post by JJ »

Like a VTEC Honda ... except.. when instead of a VTEC change over and a bit more noise.. the dyson over your left shoulder starts making a racket and you're catapulted forward !! :mrgreen:
Steve Horrocks

Post by Steve Horrocks »

That thing of yours isn't a Dyson, it's a chuffin black hole!
476bhp & 415ft lb @ 1.9bar Magic by Ryan!
Gone, but never forgotten
Now with a mk1.5 & a NHB EP3
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

T88 , warp speed kicks in @ 5500 , anyone got a neckbrace for sale :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
513BHP at the hubs
JJ

Post by JJ »

Tasty wrote:T88 , warp speed kicks in @ 5500 , anyone got a neckbrace for sale :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:

Tasty... I'm trying to get a feel :-s for different large turbo setups as I'm considering getting a GT4088R on mine... dont want it rediculously laggy though. Looking at the size of the turbine.. it should spool up earlier than mine.....

From various discussions with GT35R owners and GT4088 owners... theres little difference between the 2 in terms of spool... but the power on the 4088 is greater...

Understandably, you've got a T88 which is bigger than mine :^o ... you happy with it ? or would you consider down sizing ??! I do miss the *cough* CT-26 in stock form around a tight track for just stab and go... My T04R/Z certainly shifts but similar to your journal bearing ...caught off guard in the wrong gear... and the car in front will strip a couple of car lengths... hell.. my deisel X5 will do it !! :mrgreen:

Not dissapointed in mine... just fancy a modern setup ! :D
vinnyninja

Post by vinnyninja »

time machine .....took my mate out in my two as i got it back friday .....he said im like marty mcfly in his time machine ......to my reply of " Not bad for an 18 year old motor" you should have seen his face :mrgreen:
Tasty

Post by Tasty »

JJ when I`m caught in the `wrong gear` I usually get arrested , the stockings and high heels are ok but Mr plod takes exception to the lack of any other clothes . :lol: When, in `wrong gear `in the 2 , anything can outshoot me with ease , got done once by an old girl in an `E`type , never new Raleigh bikes did an `E`type , but they did . :thumleft: I find the answer is never be `wrong geared ` as I`m sure you well know . :whistle: We know when we have to get it right , we can smell a trier 10 cars away \:D/ Wouldn`t change mine for the world . :mrgreen:
513BHP at the hubs

Return to “Modifications”