[Mk2] [NA] MR2 with 150dB train horns.....

Posts about anything do to with modifying your car such as fitting aftermarket parts, bodykit, or tuning the engine for more performance.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

chalkiepete

[Mk2] [NA] MR2 with 150dB train horns.....

Post by chalkiepete »

Hi, thought I'd just share with you my recent addition. After getting fed up with people pulling out in front of me and a semi sick liking for the site hornblasters.com, I have fitted the car with 150dB train horns. They run off a 120psi air compressor.

Anyone going on the forthcoming Tunnel run with missbanzai.com on the 28th feb will get to hear these beautys!

My car may not be the fastest, but its certainly the loudest!

inky

Re: [Mk2] [NA] MR2 with 150dB train horns.....

Post by inky »

I'd love to have had these last week, some dopey Beemer woman jumped a red light, then found she had nowhere to go as the traffic had all queued up in front of her and she ended up in a yellow box that should be kept clear ... She didn't even look round at all the cars she was holding up. Imagine blasting those air-horns at her - that'd get a reaction!

:thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
prosser
Premium Member

Post by prosser »

i love these horns i need to get me a set where did you get them from ?
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

prosser wrote:i love these horns i need to get me a set where did you get them from ?

I got mine from America mate, but bought the compressor seperately from the horns, but from same company........ They is well well loud, you cant stand in from of the car!

I trawled Ebay for months trying to find the ones I wanted.

These are my horns, ....... I'll try to find the link, I think they were about £160 delivered. They are a must have if your into Hornblasters.com :thumleft: (the link below is not where I got mine from, but just to give you some pointers)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Huge-Chrome-Train ... 0123480733
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

prosser wrote:i love these horns i need to get me a set where did you get them from ?

Here you are, I found the link, this is the company in the states I bought the horns off, there is a vid on there showing the horns in action!

http://stores.ebay.com/Siege-Engineerin ... Horns.html
Quigonjay

Post by Quigonjay »

brilliant :lol:
would love some of these for those times when pedestarians step out without looking
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

jay@sbits wrote:brilliant :lol:
would love some of these for those times when pedestarians step out without looking

I had a woman walk out in front of me once, twenty yards from a pedestrian crossing :twisted: , so as I passed her by, our eyes met locked and she was about to let loose a torrent of abuse, I just gently lent on my steering wheel and let one almighty blast out....... !!!! I kid you not, she launched herself into the air & over a barrier.......... :-k justice had been done!
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

chalkiepete wrote:

I had a woman walk out in front of me once, twenty yards from a pedestrian crossing :twisted: , so as I passed her by, our eyes met locked and she was about to let loose a torrent of abuse, I just gently lent on my steering wheel and let one almighty blast out....... !!!! I kid you not, she launched herself into the air & over a barrier.......... :-k justice had been done!

If you live near Enfield, please drive past my office (56 Southbury Road) and give us a honk!!! :mrgreen:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Ollie@SkyInsurance wrote:
chalkiepete wrote:

If you live near Enfield, please drive past my office (56 Southbury Road) and give us a honk!!! :mrgreen:

No probs dude, once I got my alternator back on the car, consider it done!!! lol I'm only in southgate.
Kongaroo

Post by Kongaroo »

chalkiepete wrote:

An awesome way of dealing with those idiots that like to saunter slowly across the road blocking everyone :thumleft:

I just listened to the clip - you can see the camera shake under the blast from the horn at just 105psi. Can't imagine what yours must be like at 120psi :lol:
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Kongaroo wrote:

An awesome way of dealing with those idiots that like to saunter slowly across the road blocking everyone :thumleft:

I just listened to the clip - you can see the camera shake under the blast from the horn at just 105psi. Can't imagine what yours must be like at 120psi :lol:

LOL...... Once I get the stupid alternator sorted, I'll post up a vid. When I was testing them, the girlfriend was standing on the kerb side and she could feel the sound wave on her legs across the road!!!

Whilst slightly immature, they do put the most menacing little smile on ya face. I have to be careful of small kids & people pushing prams, thats not funny, but cocky school kids that just think they are superman and like almost dare you to hit them, they are the ones it works on best!!!

On my last car, I had them wired up to the trunk release button on the alarm, thus making them remote control from my key fob, at shows I'd put a small "for sale" sign on the bonnet and make the writing quiet small so people had to lean over the bonnet to read it, we'd all be sitting under the gazeebo watching............THEN BAURRRRRP!!!!! one guy actually jumped so high, he seemed to be cycling in the air!!! One of those moments you just had to be there to see!
Olly P

Post by Olly P »

Haha, I love hornblasters! lol

Can't wait to hear these on the tunnel run.

Promise me you'll blast them in every tunnel :thumleft:
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Olly P wrote:Haha, I love hornblasters! lol

Can't wait to hear these on the tunnel run.

Promise me you'll blast them in every tunnel :thumleft:

Try stopping me!!!.......... Hi Olly P, thought I'd seen that name somewhere before! see ya on the 28th!!!
revturbo

Post by revturbo »

a few of my mates have got them on their trucks.
We've got a brand new Daf xf with 5 horns, no one in the yard will pull the chain as the MD would mental!

Personally I'd like a fire engine horn, just to blast people for fun!!
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

Richard Powell wrote:a few of my mates have got them on their trucks.
We've got a brand new Daf xf with 5 horns, no one in the yard will pull the chain as the MD would mental!

Personally I'd like a fire engine horn, just to blast people for fun!!

My mate has horns that play the Godfather tune! very random!! lol
chalkiepete

Video of train horns on the Mr2

Post by chalkiepete »

I just got the alternator sorted on the MR2......So ~i went out for a quick play with the train horns!

http://s63.photobucket.com/albums/h138/ ... V00412.flv
raptor95GTS

Post by raptor95GTS »

deary me, that's a bit loud lol. I must get horns fitted to mine
Steve-O 2007

Post by Steve-O 2007 »

lol nice, now just get some videos driving past people and setting them off :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

When your MOT comes around dont tell them about it, when they do the horn test everyone in the garage will xxxx themself!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :thumleft:
chalkiepete

Post by chalkiepete »

I have a switch so I can change to normal horns for the MOT......... And I did try doing some vids.......... but did not come out to well........ I did just get one young lad, slightly overweight, rather menacing looking until I hit the horns...... I could not film for laughing lol lol lol
Baker

Post by Baker »

why??

Return to “Modifications”