Your Plans For 2009?

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

acexxx

Your Plans For 2009?

Post by acexxx »

So whats everyones plans for 2009?

Mines are.

Sort out the suspension and rear calipers, Possibly 3sgte on the way and get the rear arches done although they are not so bad.

On another note went to MrT and got an oil filter. The guy said they had two different lenghts and gave me the longer one as it's "more heavy duty"??? It fits fine.

Also gonna try and organise some meets soon.
IanClements

Re: Your Plans For 2009?

Post by IanClements »

Well mines just gone in for some rust above the windscreen, great way to start the year I think not. Wing mirrors are getting sprayed at the same time.

If there's enough left over then I'm putting a 4 point roll cage in after.
widster

Post by widster »

Mine needs undersealing and waxoyling, new brake pads, water pump has a slight leak, cambelt really needs changing, can't get lighter socket and interior light to work, has an annoying engine hesitation, slight coolant leak in engine bay...... all this with a new baby arriving in March. Don't know where i'm gonna get the time? :shock:
Ben

Post by Ben »

I need new front discs and pads, new engine mounts, and most of a new exhaust. I also have rust on the base of the a-pillars and the rear valances which I will attempt to tackle myself :shock: and will then take to a professional when I royally willy it up :lol:
I also plan to continue my quest for new wheels I can actually afford, plus fit a K&N and attempt to pass an MOT.

Should be an interesting year!
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Drive. LOTS. :lol:

Well, that and sort out the small bits of rust starting to come through. Lots of odd-jobs here and there, really... But really, given it's now got new suspension and brakes, and the engine now seems to be running fine... I'll hold off on doing anything to the engine for a while and just enjoy it.

My big job this year is now to get my SC done... :)

acexxx, the oil filters are both fine.
un1eash

Post by un1eash »

My plans are to finally get my rear archs painted then find a decent car cover as the mk1 is left outside now and wont see much use.
cartledge_uk

Post by cartledge_uk »

Hmmm,

Finsh rebuilding the engine.
put the engine in the car
rebuild the car
reconstruct the front end (fell off due to rust)
reconstruct the rear end (fell off due to rust)
compete in the toyota sprint series

Oh and try and make this engine last longer than any others (so thats about 1000miles then)
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

Where to start......

Track/Sprint car: Main job is to pull out the 4AGE and replace it with a 4AGZE, then get everything running smoothly. On top of that the manky front end bodywork needs sorting out (Got fibreglass wings, complete front valance and bumper bar to fit.) Sunroof is also earmarked to be cut out and plated over. Not sure what will happen paint wise, new bits need to be painted but new red paint will just make the faded bits look worse, ideally I want to paint the whole car in some lairy colour scheme but can't afford to do it properly. Then there's the ever growing list of things that I keep meaning to do (and have the parts for) but never get around to fitting like braided hoses, poly bushes, uprated ARBs etc. Probably more that I've forgotten. Oh did I mention that I've only got until the end of march to do all this? :shock:

As well as the above I've got 2 road cars to keep ticking over, both of which are due an MOT before the sprint car deadline above:

Vix's clutch is dying and I'm supposed to be starting on swapping it this afternoon but it's bloody cold out there. Not sure how keen I'll be. Thankfully I can't think of much else that needs doing to hers (which probably just means there's loads that I've forgotten plus whatever the MOT tester finds)

Then there's my car which always seems to end up at the bottom of the 'to do' list. It still needs the gearbox swapping (it needed doing when I bought it over a year ago) Also looks like I've got a leaking shock so I'll have to replace them all with the spare set of konis before MOT. Brakes will probably need looking at too, think it just needs new front discs but we'll see. Oh and it'll need tyres too but at least they won't take up too much time. Also needs the thermostat swapping (another long standing job I never have time for), oh and the front wings are starting to go. Got a spare pair that need painting and fitting but being a another faded red car I'm not sure how the colour match will go so it'll probably get put off until I can afford a full respray.

It'd all be so much easier if I didn't have to go to work!
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

Finish installing the V6, chase some rust and drive lots. 8)
SuperRedMR2

Post by SuperRedMR2 »

MOT February
Purchase of passenger wing
Cambelt change
Fully Mopped
Sold (thats if I manage to buy an SC) - Springtime
Charged
IMOC Committee

Post by Charged »

It's a secret :wink:
If you can't see the angle, you're in trouble.
vix

Post by vix »

kaiowas wrote:

Vix's clutch is dying and I'm supposed to be starting on swapping it this afternoon but it's bloody cold out there. Not sure how keen I'll be. Thankfully I can't think of much else that needs doing to hers (which probably just means there's loads that I've forgotten plus whatever the MOT tester finds)

He's doing it now!! I didn't even have to crack the whip :D
Kooga

Post by Kooga »

Probably preparing car for sale with arrival of second child! :( :( :(
Apparently its 'not legal' to put them on the floor, even if you wedge them in with the steering wheel guard. :D
If I get to keep it then full alignment after I've finshed ball joint replacing (probably do this anyway actually), maybe sort the last bit of rust out above the window/new windscreen, new Tbar seals (sitting in garage ready!) and a decent tune.
ligertigon

Post by ligertigon »

Just drive it.

It only gives me problems when I crash it :shock:
kaiowas

Post by kaiowas »

vix wrote:
kaiowas wrote:

He's doing it now!! I didn't even have to crack the whip :D

Clutch change done!
Just the small matter of putting the gearbox back in tomorrow
Zirax

Post by Zirax »

Hmmm,

Take front end off and replace with mica blue front end.
Look at headlights and contemplate whether to tackle that bolt or not. Bolt involves loads of angle grinding.
Fit the manual choke kit.
Fit harness
Fit fire extinguisher
Fit decent steering wheel

Get it through the MOT!
IanClements

Post by IanClements »

Anyone noticed that most peoples plans involve fixing rather than upgrading lol!
Ben

Post by Ben »

Fixing is upgrading :lol:
Anyway, I'm picking up a new set of wheels tomorrow, that's upgrading :oldtongue: \:D/
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

Carter - Just enjoying the driving.

"The other one" - Get the mk2 back from Norwich this weekend and then get the engine out and cleaned up before dropping the 3SGTE in.

Booking some Track time in either / both cars.

That is all.

Limeymk1 wrote:Finish installing the V6, chase some rust and drive lots. 8)

Same as last year then :eye:
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Get Mark to sell the SE. :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”