A Fond Farewell!

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mr_Spanners

A Fond Farewell!

Post by Mr_Spanners »

Just wanted to say a quick "thanks and goodbye". It's been a short stay (since April!) but I have to accept that Mk1 ownership isn't really for me! Having been spoilt with some of Honda's finest high-revving cars I'm just not getting the same grin-factor with the 'two' so it's time to move on...

Must say, I've been really impressed and thankful for the help and friendliness of the club and indeed the forum. Hopefully I'll still post from time-to-time and offer help where I can!

Adiou!

~Phil.
WeirdNeville

Re: A Fond Farewell!

Post by WeirdNeville »

What's the problem? Scared of bends? :wink:

:p only kidding mate, all the best with your next car, let us know how you get on!
bburn13

Post by bburn13 »

:(
Thats a shame Phil,
was nice to meet you anyway.
Good Luck with the Honda stuff

Dave
89 SC - Beauty.
89 Track n/ail - The Red Dwarf
84 Blue 1.5 Tin Top Rummy, 54 RX8 -Rex
Mr_Spanners

Post by Mr_Spanners »

Cheers Dave - Will still be going to the Tatton Show next year so will call over and say "hello" - I think the Mk1 stand should have won the 'least beardy and most welcoming' award!!! :lol:

Not sure what to go for next... another DC2 Integra would be nice but there's very few with sensible mileage (in good condition) around. Might have to go and try an S2000 and see what they're like - I hear the early ones really like wet roundabouts!!! :shock:
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Mr_Spanners wrote:Cheers Dave - Will still be going to the Tatton Show next year so will call over and say "hello" - I think the Mk1 stand should have won the 'least beardy and most welcoming' award!!! :lol:

Not sure what to go for next... another DC2 Integra would be nice but there's very few with sensible mileage (in good condition) around. Might have to go and try an S2000 and see what they're like - I hear the early ones really like wet roundabouts!!! :shock:

Sorry that the mk1 was not for you

I would go for an S2000 if high revving fun is what you are after, esp if you want rear wheel drive.
DC2 fwd are pretty good, but maybe go for a newer version.
coverco

Post by coverco »

That is a shame Phil :(

I hope to see you again at Tatton this year, what have you done with your car? It was a lovely example (although would have been better in red) :thumleft:
Mr_Spanners

Post by Mr_Spanners »

My previous 'second car' was a Honda NSX and before that I had a very nice DC2 Integra so I guess the MR2 was always going to have a hard act to follow!

I'm probably leaning towards the S2000 at the moment but will make a decision in the New Year. I have driven a couple and really liked them.... although the Integra always felt more 'planted' if that makes sense?

Tommy, yes I'll be at Tatton and hopefully get to share a few beers this time round. I really will miss the Mk1 scene, it's a real shame the car just wasn't 'doing it' for me!!! :?

~Phil.
mr2mk1chick

Post by mr2mk1chick »

Mr_Spanners wrote:My previous 'second car' was a Honda NSX and before that I had a very nice DC2 Integra so I guess the MR2 was always going to have a hard act to follow!

I'm probably leaning towards the S2000 at the moment but will make a decision in the New Year. I have driven a couple and really liked them.... although the Integra always felt more 'planted' if that makes sense?

Tommy, yes I'll be at Tatton and hopefully get to share a few beers this time round. I really will miss the Mk1 scene, it's a real shame the car just wasn't 'doing it' for me!!! :?

~Phil.

hmm, maybe have a go in an elise as well if you like the small type of car the mk1 is. As you already know the DC2 etc.
The elise will feel very planted too.
Mr_Spanners

Post by Mr_Spanners »

mr2mk1chick wrote:hmm, maybe have a go in an elise as well if you like the small type of car the mk1 is. As you already know the DC2 etc.
The elise will feel very planted too.

I've tried the Elise and at over 6ft tall I find getting in and out of them quite difficult - nicely balanced and go-kart-like handling though! TBH, I just couldn't live with one as a friend of mine has a series2 111R and it spends more time being fixed than on the road! :shock:

It's still looking like a straight fight between a DC2 Integra and the S2K!
System-G

Post by System-G »

What about a DC5? 8)

Or are the chassis not as good as the DC2?
85 MK1 MR2 Track N/Ail | 99 528i SE Touring | 01 Mandarin VX220
Mr_Spanners

Post by Mr_Spanners »

System-G wrote:What about a DC5? 8)

Or are the chassis not as good as the DC2?

I really like the DC5 (I've driven a couple) but most are tax band G and when you add that to a car that's *really* expensive to insure (even for an old fart like me!) it's just not worth the premium for the kind of mileage I do.

I might see if there's an older 'PLG' registered DC5 when I come to start looking once the MR2 has found a new home!

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”