anti roll bars

Discussion and technical advice for 84-89 AW10 & AW11 MR2. 3A-LU, 4A-GE, 4A-GZE.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

stew

anti roll bars

Post by stew »

hello all. my supercharger seems to push the nose alot on corners. have had it 4 wheel lined all bushes and links in good order. also when i got the car i fitted a anit roll bar on the back as they do not have any i was just wondreing if ajustable anti roll bars would be the answer and where would the best place be to buy them .has any of you guys/girls had this problem. :?i would like to sort it out as the car does not handle that well on corners and body panals our had to find :lol:
Speedy

Re: anti roll bars

Post by Speedy »

IIRC SCs don't have rear ARbs as standard, however UK spec NA cars did. TBH, the mk1 is fairly understeery anyway, it depends a lot on the actual geo (see the sticky above?) and what tyres you have on?
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Speedy wrote:IIRC SCs don't have rear ARbs as standard, however UK spec NA cars did. TBH, the mk1 is fairly understeery anyway, it depends a lot on the actual geo (see the sticky above?) and what tyres you have on?

Actually some SC's do have rear arb's as standard but its normally 88 onwards.

I've tried a car with the whiteline rear arb and I actually thought it improved the handling and helped the car turn-in more neutrally.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Lauren wrote:
Speedy wrote:IIRC SCs don't have rear ARbs as standard, however UK spec NA cars did. TBH, the mk1 is fairly understeery anyway, it depends a lot on the actual geo (see the sticky above?) and what tyres you have on?

Actually some SC's do have rear arb's as standard but its normally 88 onwards.

I've tried a car with the whiteline rear arb and I actually thought it improved the handling and helped the car turn-in more neutrally.

Yup, and the nail had a thicker ARB with no understeer, but it was running fairly wacky geo :+:
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
stew

arb

Post by stew »

i have toyo prox tires on as new i have a set of koni to go on this winter hope they will help would ajustable drop links be any good and where would u get them thanks agian stew :thumleft:
Tom G

Post by Tom G »

I have a whiteline rear ARB and find it very oversteery and difficult to catch... but it could be down to lack of skill, fensport springs, koni settings or the tubby conversion... but I haven't had the problem with previous (standard) mr2s.

1987 Mk1.5, CT20b, LSD, Chargecooled, 260...290bhp (est)
2003 330ci M-sport
1995 Polo 1.3CL
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

The ARB on my car's High & Tight, Lauren :lol: , the springs are whiteline (KYB Shocks).

The H&T ARB was developed to complement the stock front ARB, whilst I believe Whiteline ARBs are developed in pairs with front and rear being replaced. :-k

Damn shame H&T don't produce stuff for the MR2 any more. :(
crazybrightman

Post by crazybrightman »

most of the understeer on my trak car i found was due to strange camber settings as standard, ie they run no negative camber. tweaking this improved front end grip but does mean the rear end is very quick to snap out in the wet but should be fine on road suspension.

Return to “MR2 MK1 1984-1989 NA & SC”