[Mk2] [NA] which mk2 is best for track days

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

hamstermr2

[Mk2] [NA] which mk2 is best for track days

Post by hamstermr2 »

hi all, i already have a tubby but i want a na mr2 for track days, mainly because my old na was more fun to drive, just wondering which is the best na, ie. most power and which has lsd, cheers
steve b

Re: [Mk2] [NA] which mk2 is best for track days

Post by steve b »

none have LSD except late rev5's.

Depends on how your wallets feling really but ideal track n/a would be a beams tin tip g-ltd, or a rev3 on tin top gltd.

I've tracked my current n/a twice as my mazda was waiting for a the turbo to be refurbed, not in the same fun league as the mazda. I think if you stripped a tin top to the bone it could be good.
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
hamstermr2

Post by hamstermr2 »

are all g ltd imports with 3sge engines apart from the beams version
hamstermr2

Post by hamstermr2 »

what sort of power would a 92 g ltd import and a 91 2.0 gt put out, i would be looking to run throtle bodies with an na
steve b

Post by steve b »

hamstermr2 wrote:are all g ltd imports with 3sge engines apart from the beams version

yes, all tin top cars are import g-ltds. The rev3 engine is better than the rev 1 & 2 engine, also better brakes etc. If you look at Rogue's Championship cars thats a good indicator of what makes a good track car.

http://www.mr2challenge.com/carsforsale.htm
'02 VX220 2.2 n/a Daily driver - Exige Size TD 1.2 - TAT shorty Diffuser - HardTop - Chris Tullet 4-1 Manifold.

'97 mk1 Mazda Eunos Turbo track car with 260bhp/ton - soon more as Chris Wilsons going to build me an engine over the winter :o) .
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

A Mk1? :tongue:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”