Friends just bought an evo4 what should i expect??

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Stupid
No votes

Total votes: 0

anthonyg

Re: Friends just bought an evo4 what should i expect??

Post by anthonyg »

Scotster wrote:
anthonyg wrote:
Scotster wrote:Gear ratio's in the RS were for 60 > acceleration and i'm pretty sure it wasn't optional. My car topped out at 136mph redlining.

*YAWN* as quoted in post 16 on this thread by moi, '1st and 2nd gear ratios are the same i.e 0-60 on the V and V RS 3rd 4th and i think 5th were shorter and car tops out at around 130mph'
-Info is from MLR.

What you are saying about the Evo V RS is made up either by you or which whoever 'educated' you about your Fastest ever to 60 Evo V RS. Was it the guy who sold you the car by any chance?

Anyway, what was the 60-0 like in the RS witht he crap gravel spec brakes and suspension? :lol:

Hence the reason why i said > 60 (> means greater than, as in after 2nd gear)

I said that the Evo V RS was the fastest evo to 60 @ 280bhp. I missed out the comma before the @ which seems to have confused you, however i see no other way to read that statement. With this statement i meant that of all the 280bhp variants of Evo the V is the fastest to 60.

You can quote manufacturers figures till your face turns purple but the figures i read were, allegedly, road test figures; which carry far more weight with me. Ask the guys on the MLR for their time slips on the 1/4, always gives a better indication of 60 times. If you google you will find a lot more sites that disagree with MLR than the ones that do, the owners is the only way to get the true figure.

Ha ha lmao, are you really still claiming that a v RS will out accelerate any other 280BHP? i think it stands to reason why mitsubushi binned the V as a rally car as soon as the VI was available :wink:
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

Can you keep your replies to 1 post, it's a right mess this thread now.
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

The-Shield wrote:Can you keep your replies to 1 post, it's a right mess this thread now.

not exactly helping with pointless posts like that are you?
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

Yes, I'm helping the people trying to read it, it's not a difficult request is it?
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

The-Shield wrote:Yes, I'm helping the people trying to read it, it's not a difficult request is it?

I've just re-read it all and it's actually very easy, if you have trouble with your english http://catalogue.learndirect.co.uk/brow ... h_Courses/ :thumleft:

Don't feel isolated, there are others with reading gremlins too.
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

Can we keep this on topic please folks :wink:
Rory

Post by Rory »

EDIT - Dont want to be part of this thread the way its finished :(
Last edited by Rory on Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My MR2 for sale! Check out the for sale section
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

anthonyg wrote:
The-Shield wrote:Yes, I'm helping the people trying to read it, it's not a difficult request is it?

I've just re-read it all and it's actually very easy, if you have trouble with your english http://catalogue.learndirect.co.uk/brow ... h_Courses/ :thumleft:

Don't feel isolated, there are others with reading gremlins too.

It's not difficult to read but with the way you've created a new post for every quote is just messy and it's going to end up dragging the thread over more pages than it needs to be.

I'll cope with my reading gremlins just fine but maybe you should take an "Internet for the mentally impared" course?

Just because you're not winning your argument, don't try take it out on me you [ edit by Mod ]

Edit by Leakie Tbar
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

Jeez. no need to get so uptight grandad. You know, an Imoc fairy once told me that if you have to resort to name calling then you've lost your argument :cyclops:

And isn't it about time you stumped up the fiver and contributed to the forum old tight fist? :oldtongue:

:lol: this isn't an argument it's a debate. Of which everything i have stated has been backed up with evidence, therefore, I WIN :cheers:

I'd like to thank, mom......dad.........my cat............goldfish....... :lol: :lol:
The-Shield

Post by The-Shield »

anthonyg wrote:Jeez. no need to get so uptight grandad. You know, an Imoc fairy once told me that if you have to resort to name calling then you've lost your argument :cyclops:

And isn't it about time you stumped up the fiver and contributed to the forum old tight fist? :oldtongue:

:lol: this isn't an argument it's a debate. Of which everything i have stated has been backed up with evidence, therefore, I WIN :cheers:

I'd like to thank, mom......dad.........my cat............goldfish....... :lol: :lol:

The IMOC fairy is wrong. I'm right and if I'm that old then maybe you should have some manners and respect your elders, just like mummy taught you. :lol:

I let my premium membership run out when I got rid of my MR2. When I'm back in an MR2 again and using the site resources, rather than just the off topic forum then I'll become a premium member again. Not that it's anything at all to do with you mind. =;
Scotster

Post by Scotster »

anthonyg wrote:Ha ha lmao, are you really still claiming that a v RS will out accelerate any other 280BHP? i think it stands to reason why mitsubushi binned the V as a rally car as soon as the VI was available :wink:

Any other 280bhp Evo, yes. Proven on track with independent testing. There was an artical on it in Evo magazine.

As for your comments on Mitsubishi binning the V rally car thats because its a bloody rally car you idiot. Do you think you are driving anything even close to what competes? Are you that naive?

The IV is, in my opinion, the best of the Evo's. I made 1 statement and that was on the 0-60 time. I reckon the VI would most likely be quicker on a track as the handling computers are all upgraded. There are also a few small engine upgrades which would possibly help. 0-60 though, belongs to the V. If you really care that much about it, look into it properly. Get the guys on the MLR to do some testing, proper testing. Either that or get every issue of Evo backdated 5 years and do some reading.

To be honest i don't really care, i only know what i know through reading and experience, exactly the same as you. I am not stating my opinion, i am stating what i read in tests. My opinion is that the VI is the best evo, what i have read and what i believe is that the V is the fastest evo to do 0-60 without having more than 280bhp.

Of course, i'm not a paid up member anymore, so i guess in your opinion, my posting doesn't count. The word "obtuse" springs to mind.
crazygary

lol

Post by crazygary »

lol
b4rk3r

Post by b4rk3r »

i kept with a standard evo 6 from about a 30mph roll in my stock(ish) rev 2 turbo running 16psi :D How goods that ?!
Race Idiot

Post by Race Idiot »

b4rk3r wrote:i kept with a standard evo 6 from about a 30mph roll in my stock(ish) rev 2 turbo running 16psi :D How goods that ?!

Maybe he wasnt paying attention? :whistle:

I kinda want an evo but then I kinda know it would bleed me dry even more than the 2 does now lol.
b4rk3r

Post by b4rk3r »

oh yeah i forgot nothing can keep with an evo... ffs they're 276bhp and AWD so they've got loads of powertrain loss, so most things about 260bhp and two wheel drive should keep with a stock one from a roll.
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

b4rk3r wrote:oh yeah i forgot nothing can keep with an evo... ffs they're 276bhp and AWD so they've got loads of powertrain loss, so most things about 260bhp and two wheel drive should keep with a stock one from a roll.

It's not allways just about power though is it? it's about how the engine delivers it, torque curves ect....
Fact is with just 276bhp the Evo is just awesome 'out of the box' performance!
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

anthonyg wrote:
b4rk3r wrote:oh yeah i forgot nothing can keep with an evo... ffs they're 276bhp and AWD so they've got loads of powertrain loss, so most things about 260bhp and two wheel drive should keep with a stock one from a roll.

It's not allways just about power though is it? it's about how the engine delivers it, torque curves ect....

So your saying 270fp torque in a RWD MR2 isn't going to leave a stock Evo? Ofcourse it is (providing its a dry day). I've shown up quite a few Evos around here, new and old. Ok my cars modded, but then it's a good 10years+ older so tecnology has come on leaps and bounds since then. Look at diesel turbos now. Ok they have a 5k revlimit (yawn) but mid range they aren't half bad for what they are. As i've said in previous posts, if Toyota were to remake the MR2 with power in mind at the same time as the Evo, it wouldn't half give it a thrashing (in a straight line :lol: )
anthonyg

Post by anthonyg »

mr2nut123 wrote:
anthonyg wrote:

So your saying 270fp torque in a RWD MR2 isn't going to leave a stock Evo? Ofcourse it is (providing its a dry day). I've shown up quite a few Evos around here, new and old.

Considering your MR2 does a standing 1/4 slower than a STANDARD Evo, i doubt it :wink:
mr2nut123

Post by mr2nut123 »

anthonyg wrote:
mr2nut123 wrote:
anthonyg wrote:

So your saying 270fp torque in a RWD MR2 isn't going to leave a stock Evo? Ofcourse it is (providing its a dry day). I've shown up quite a few Evos around here, new and old.

Considering your MR2 does a standing 1/4 slower than a STANDARD Evo, i doubt it :wink:

13.4 quarter slower than an evo?

Return to “Driving Experiences”