Elvington trackday Sat 4th feb

Posts about trackdays and motorsport.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Hedgehog Dodger

Re: Elvington trackday Sat 4th feb

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

TC07 wrote::mrgreen: Nice one Dan, I was there with a few of the 200sx guys, had to stop em goin too near your 32 in case they dribbled on it :tongue: Definitely up for some more track day action after yesterday though.

HAHAHA :D Just wish I got my name down earlier and got on the track. I always do that though, turn up just to watch and then regret not going on! :)

JJ wrote:Hedgehog dodger... you didn't manage to get a ride in mine Not to worry, I managed to catch a glimpse of you when you went into a flat spin in front of me in chris' car !! Good job I could see it going and honk on the brakes !!

HAHAHA that was funny. Chris turned up the boost about 2 secs before the corner....and the rest was history :D I will go out with you next time fella. And with Stevo in his Lotus Proton :D Deffo gettin the 32 on there next time though :D

Ben it was good meeting you mate. Pity you couldnt take the MK3 out! And I think Chris's exhaust is a 5iezgen one, as it looks suspiciously like the one I sold to Steve Horrocks......those flames were awseome! :)
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

JJ wrote:
felt like i could have gone a fair bit quicker though with a bit more turn in grip and less body roll but i always knew i could drive my car like that - just needed a chance to prove it

:mrgreen: hey tip... when the car has no oil temp gauges... people dont' know... but a couple of hard laps around the circuit and you'll see your oil temps rise to upto 140/ 150 degrees C !! :shock: ( superheated from the turbocharger! )

Yeah, good point - although if you turn the boost down I used to do 20 minute stints out track OK, using Mobil1 15W50, and it didn't seem to do any harm. I wouldn't do stints that long with a non fully synth oil

FWIW, Anglesey is such a twisty track there are only a couple of places you're accellerating flat out - most of it is about corner speeds and handling, so less to worry about there :)
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Hedgehog Dodger wrote:
Ben it was good meeting you mate. Pity you couldnt take the MK3 out! And I think Chris's exhaust is a 5iezgen one, as it looks suspiciously like the one I sold to Steve Horrocks......those flames were awseome! :)

Dan, was good meeting you finally :)

Yeah, shame I couldn't get the Roadster out on track, but Si Cook had generously let me have a couple of sessions in his SC - and BaT didn't have the set of alloys of mine they keep for track (ab)use ..

As for the Roadster out on track - its been done a few times ;)

http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10600

Next outing will be the IMOC day at Anglesey on Satuday, and then I'll be driving the Mk1 with my other half on Sunday
TC07

Post by TC07 »

Pics from Saturday are on Bookatrack's site now. (Taken by that photographer near the pits just waiting for someone to spin into him :shock: ) You need to log in, go to Account, My BAT Pics. They have individual pics of every driver, quality and number of pics varies from 8 dodgy ones of my mate in his turbo corsa, to 19 of me, including frame by frame of me spinning :mrgreen: . They are £20 per set, and you get 25 random pics from the day too, which have a few decent shots of most of us. I'll be getting mine anyway \:D/ .

Tom
BenF
Premium Member

Post by BenF »

Tom - just tried that, but it only listed 25 random pics from the day. Not sure if that was because I was down as a second driver ...

I took lots of pics with Si Cook's camera - I need to ask him to drop me a CD in the post with them on ..
TC07

Post by TC07 »

Tom - just tried that, but it only listed 25 random pics from the day. Not sure if that was because I was down as a second driver ...

Yeah, think you probably need to log in to the account of whoever booked it... My mate with the Top Gear 200sx booked for 5 of us, so we all had to log in to his account, and there were then 5 photo galleries to view. :-k

Tom
gtschris.com

4th feb

Post by gtschris.com »

Bloody great day out, excellent to chat/catch up with the IMOC guys (as allways)

will be putting more pic on our new site when i get a chance.

pics for now:

PS_ the White GTS i ran is actually for sale right now! see http://gtschris.com.17.m6.net/store/com ... Product=44
www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103
leewaring

Post by leewaring »

Nice flamage shots there mate!

=D>
gtschris.com

pics

Post by gtschris.com »

leewaring wrote:Nice flamage shots there mate!

=D>

Yes, the BAT photo geezer got some cracking pics so i paid the 20 quid for them - we worth it!
www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103
Hedgehog Dodger

Re: pics

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

gtschris.com wrote:
leewaring wrote:Nice flamage shots there mate!

=D>

Yes, the BAT photo geezer got some cracking pics so i paid the 20 quid for them - we worth it!

Those are quality pics fella. Cant wait to see the vids!

:D :lol:
TC07

Post by TC07 »

Few more piccies...

Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Thats interesting, is the high level brake light on, but the rears are not? That must be either very good timing with the camera, or lazy brake bulbs??
tonigmr2 wrote:Fear me, for I am watching :clown:
JJ

Post by JJ »

More to the point.... what you doing braking ???? :mrgreen:
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
TC07

Post by TC07 »

Thats interesting, is the high level brake light on, but the rears are not? That must be either very good timing with the camera, or lazy brake bulbs??

The rear bulbs must have been frightened... :-k

And I was braking because we were heading for an innoccent little plastic cone, so I thought sod it let it spin :mrgreen: Not that i had much choice by that point... Plus my passenger was cocking his sides laughing, and I didn't want him having an accident on my passenger seat [-X
leewaring

Post by leewaring »

Good set of pic them Tom :thumleft:
michael

Post by michael »

Speedy wrote:

The LED lights will come on a fraction of a second quicker than the normal bulbs, the camera managed to capture that - quality pictures!

What camera are you using?
TC07

Post by TC07 »

Cheers Lee, BAT photographer got some good shots of me, worth the £20 anyway. Graham & Pete's (200sx) pics were ok, but Phil and Lawrence's weren't anything special... They were in FWD cars though - less slidey spinny :shock: action.

It was Bookatrack's Photographer, so not sure what camera it was. Maybe Lauren knows / can find out?
Notice how I managed to pretend to completely lose control, just so I could get some good pics... :lol:
michael

Post by michael »

Ah those are BaT ones - I've spoken to him about the camera before, too expensive for the likes of me :)
Blokey

Post by Blokey »

BenF wrote:Tom - just tried that, but it only listed 25 random pics from the day. Not sure if that was because I was down as a second driver ...

I took lots of pics with Si Cook's camera - I need to ask him to drop me a CD in the post with them on ..

Doh! I'll put them on a CD and feed them to the Posty....or I'll call by one evening on my way for a curry...

Sorry I didn't take many people out for passenger laps, Angersey'll be a different matter. Come and gimme a kick and bring yer lids. I'll be there on both days along with a set of tyres that are evil and must be punished.

B.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

TC07 wrote:

Cheers Lee, BAT photographer got some good shots of me, worth the £20 anyway. Graham & Pete's (200sx) pics were ok, but Phil and Lawrence's weren't anything special... They were in FWD cars though - less slidey spinny :shock: action.

It was Bookatrack's Photographer, so not sure what camera it was. Maybe Lauren knows / can find out?
Notice how I managed to pretend to completely lose control, just so I could get some good pics... :lol:

Camera will be a pro Nikon with a decent lens ie 5K's worth of lens. Beyond the realms of the pro-sumer really.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:

Return to “Motorsport and Trackdays”