Toms kit (now rev2 tubby)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

philmr2

Re: Toms kit (now rev2 tubby)

Post by philmr2 »

It's been a real nice day today so i thought i would make the most of it and paint my calipers, only had the paint for a month or so sitting in my workshop.

I was a bit unsure of the color at first but it is now growing on me.

The next dilemma is what color to paint my next set of wheels.

I like the look of these wheels cheers Cliff aka irietuning, i'm thinking either black centers and polished rims or black centers and white rims.

But I don't know what will look best yet.
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

It's been a real nice day today so i thought i would make the most of it and paint my calipers, only had the paint for a month or so sitting in my workshop.

I was a bit unsure of the color at first but it is now growing on me.

The next dilemma is what color to paint my next set of wheels.

I like the look of these wheels cheers Cliff aka irietuning, i'm thinking either black centers and polished rims or black centers and white rims.

But I don't know what will look best yet.
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

I made a start on the wheels over the weekend,stripped them down and 160 bolts later they was apart.

There was a bit of kerb rash on some wheels so after thinking about how to tackle them i decided on the angle grinder :shock:
So of to work i went with a medium sanding wheel attached to the grinder, an hour later and all four rims are ready for graft.

After getting home from work today I made a start on the first rim and i'm pretty impressed so far :D

First wheel after grinder has been around it.

This is how it looks now after sanding and a quick polish.

The comparison photo's

Only 3 more to go and already got sore thumb and fingers :cry:

The only other part to decide is what color to do the centers,black is still the winner at the moment but gold is coming close to first place ](*,) ](*,)
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Finally got my wheel inserts back from the powder coaters, I was expecting them to be a bit better finish than what they are so won't be getting any more work done by the company that did them.

Atleast the color scheme looks good.
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Put some new tyres on the wheels today think it looks good now :D

Got the look to it now that i was after :D
craig

Post by craig »

Nice work. Advans look great, and a massive improvement. :thumleft:
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Thankyou :D

I didn't know how it would look with a fifty profile after taking the gamble I quite like the look and stance it has, it looks great in the flesh.
craig

Post by craig »

philmr2 wrote:Thankyou :D

I didn't know how it would look with a fifty profile after taking the gamble I quite like the look and stance it has, it looks great in the flesh.

Yep, works well. I've just bought some 300ZX stock 16s.

Going for a 50 profile:

205/50/16 front
225/50/16 rear

Comfort, and fills the arches nicely. :thumleft:
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Snap identical to mine,lovely smooth ride on that profile helps when you are getting older :D

You will have to post some pictures up when they are on never thought of 300 zx wheels for a mr2.
craig

Post by craig »

philmr2 wrote:Snap identical to mine,lovely smooth ride on that profile helps when you are getting older :D

You will have to post some pictures up when they are on never thought of 300 zx wheels for a mr2.

Yeah, will get pics up as soon as I've painted them. I like the idea of a 50 profile tyre, as a nice smooth ride, like you say, is what I'm after.

I didn't think of 300ZX wheels for the MR2 either, I was just searching for 16s on ebay, and there were a set for sale that had "MR2" in the title which flagged up in the ebay search. :mrgreen:

Through digging, I found this thread:
http://www.imoc.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=167728

And bought a set of 300ZX wheels off ebay. :thumleft:
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

They are going to look spot on :thumleft:

Spot on widths for the rims.

Had a scan through your thread I haven't had a look for a while and you have done a hole shed load of stuff since I last looked :shock:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the wheels on your car
craig

Post by craig »

philmr2 wrote:They are going to look spot on :thumleft:

Spot on widths for the rims.

Had a scan through your thread I haven't had a look for a while and you have done a hole shed load of stuff since I last looked :shock:

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the wheels on your car

Cheers buddy, yeah it's all go. :lol:
Dod

Post by Dod »

Looks superb on those Advans mate ...Top job on the polished lips aswell :thumleft:
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Dod wrote:Looks superb on those Advans mate ...Top job on the polished lips aswell :thumleft:

Cheers buddy took alot of polishing to get them shiney, they look great in the flesh
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

Picked my car up this morning as i could not resist putting a bit of a bodykit on the car, my plan was to keep the bodywork pretty much stock as i've been down the bodykit route so many times over the years with pretty much most of my cars.

Maybe one day i might stick to my word ](*,)

The only thing left now is the rear spoiler which i keep looking at the bomex ones,but that's next years job :D
craig

Post by craig »

Your car looks so similar to mine!

Black, rev 3 lights, T bar, border side skirts and rear spats. :lol:

Love how it sits on 16s with 50 profile chunky tyres. Can't wait to get my 300zx 16s on now with same profile! Looks great :thumleft:

Don't fight the mod bug mate, resistance is futile!! :twisted:
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

I was worried the bodykit would make the wheels look lost but the outcome is good,to me it looks like it's come of the boat from Japan after been used for street racing.

Roll on spoiler time.
craig

Post by craig »

philmr2 wrote:I was worried the bodykit would make the wheels look lost but the outcome is good,to me it looks like it's come of the boat from Japan after been used for street racing.

Roll on spoiler time.

Yeah, I thought that with mine, regarding the wheel size and the chunky bodykit, but seeing yours, it looks fantastic! Defo has to be 50 profile tyres to pull it off though I reckon.

What spoiler you off for? I've a genuine Toyota rev5 on mine. :thumleft:
philmr2

Post by philmr2 »

RedMR² wrote:
philmr2 wrote:I was worried the bodykit would make the wheels look lost but the outcome is good,to me it looks like it's come of the boat from Japan after been used for street racing.

Roll on spoiler time.

Yeah, I thought that with mine, regarding the wheel size and the chunky bodykit, but seeing yours, it looks fantastic! Defo has to be 50 profile tyres to pull it off though I reckon.

What spoiler you off for? I've a genuine Toyota rev5 on mine. :thumleft:

I was thinking rev 5 spoiler and bomex front bumper and maybe some zx wheels :whistle:

On a serious note I keep getting drawn to the bomex spoiler and some quad headlight that make the car look like a frog for some reason I'm liking the way they look :D
craig

Post by craig »

philmr2 wrote:

I was thinking rev 5 spoiler and bomex front bumper and maybe some zx wheels :whistle:

Sounds like a perfect choice! :mrgreen:

I could never make my mind up on the Bomex, it's a love it/hate it spoiler. Then a genuine rev5 spoiler came up for a bargain, so nabbed it. :twisted:

Return to “Member Profiles”