just my opinion.

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Rogue_zero

Re: just my opinion.

Post by Rogue_zero »

llenrub wrote:Iv'e done trackruns in a porsche 911, dodge viper, F355, TVR cerbera, Lotus esprit turbo, M3, single seater etc and it was great fun, but as said, its once in a while and they are someones else's vehicles.

Keeping the racing line and find the performance edge of your vehicle is a doddle. As a chap said ealier in the thread, drifting, sliding etc is a real measure of car control. watch tiff and jason Plato in their vids and the rally drivers. Thats car control. I found rally driving considerably more challenging than track day driving!!

have you still got your F355? Were you spanking yours or someone elses?
I remember your post similar to this thread from a while ago
"There is only 6 cars with a recorded standing 1/4 time under 13 seconds on this site, yet people claim to have beaten so many cars that have considerably more horse power and overall performance. Nearly all of the owners on this site are running stock internals, limiting them to no more than 330 HP.

My rev 2 is expected to make at 360 hp with the upgrade internals currently underway. I also have an f355. I dont beleive the MR2 will be a fast! "
Raf

Post by Raf »

that rings alot of bells....
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

Sometimes llehnrub seems very normal then he does a Jeckle and Hyde and turns into a 12 year old whos only experience is PS2
Raf

Post by Raf »

The Morris wrote:Sometimes llehnrub seems very normal then he does a Jeckle and Hyde and turns into a 12 year old whos only experience is PS2

oh in that case keeping the racing line is a peice of p!ss :mrgreen:

hmmm i wondered that too- he seemed okay for a bit then he's become rich and snobby again!
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Places like cadwell park you might as well drive a fiat punto. You rarely get out of 3rd gear!

Utter nonsense. Even in a pathetic standard 118bhp Lotus Elise you can reach 104mph into Coppice and about the same up Park Straight into Park corner

Have to agree there, even with our mr2 in the wet at Cadwell, it's pretty much 3 figures (and 4th gear) at the end of the start/finish straight.

Perhaps what should have happened at the TOC day was for some of the SLJs to be forced to passenger in a mk1, so they could see the light O:)
llenrub

Post by llenrub »

have you still got your F355? Were you spanking yours or someone elses?
I remember your post similar to this thread from a while ago
"There is only 6 cars with a recorded standing 1/4 time under 13 seconds on this site, yet people claim to have beaten so many cars that have considerably more horse power and overall performance. Nearly all of the owners on this site are running stock internals, limiting them to no more than 330 HP.

My rev 2 is expected to make at 360 hp with the upgrade internals currently underway. I also have an f355. I dont beleive the MR2 will be a fast! "
[/quote]
Ah well, caught out!

Thats right, I remember now. I don't beleive any of those stories either!!

As for the 355. It has changed colour and shape and looks suspiciously like an E46 M3 with out a roof.

The MR2 is about a week away from completion. I'm hoping that with a significantly better flowing head I can reduce the boost. I doubt I'll run it above 320hp.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

I think we need a picture of llenrub next to his cars
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

With a loaf of bread on his head :D

(Got to make it individual or he could just nick any photo off the internet...)
T
anna

Post by anna »

ROFL!!!!

I like your thinking Toni :D

Or - how about doing a Bruce Forsyth 'nice to see you... ' pose?
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

LOL it's just that when he posted originally with his 355 we requested a piccy of him with the car and a loaf of bread on his head :D
I like the addition of the Brucey pose though.
:D
T
anna

Post by anna »

Perhaps people should keep adding to the 'requirements' until the piccy gets posted :-k

Sombrero!!!!! :lol:
jonno

Post by jonno »

Speedy wrote:

Places like cadwell park you might as well drive a fiat punto. You rarely get out of 3rd gear!

Utter nonsense. Even in a pathetic standard 118bhp Lotus Elise you can reach 104mph into Coppice and about the same up Park Straight into Park corner

Have to agree there, even with our mr2 in the wet at Cadwell, it's pretty much 3 figures (and 4th gear) at the end of the start/finish straight.

Perhaps what should have happened at the TOC day was for some of the SLJs to be forced to passenger in a mk1, so they could see the light O:)

I hope I dont get considered as an SLJ - I sometimes think that just becuase I drive a MkII turbo people think that I am an SLJ. Perhaps next time I should take a few MkI guys out and show them that tubbies CAN go around corners!!
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Why has he sold a 355 and bought a tub of E46? I am sure it is some kind of hand cream. Hang on, got an idea.....

Perhaps the photo could be of Llenrub with his Ferrari F355, Yamaha R1, Toyota MR2 (with an engine producing somewhere between 320 and 900hp!) wearing a Sombrero with a loaf on top of it, doing a Bruse Forsyth pose, holding a tub of E46...

Actually that's no good, he has a spare hand. What could he be holding in the other one?
Last edited by Icsunonove on Fri May 13, 2005 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

Rogue_zero wrote:There will be a tubby iin pole position at the next F1 race if some of the stories are to be belived.

:lol:
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

Lauren wrote:driving fast in a straight line really does have very little appeal as basically there isn't any skill in it.

It always makes me laugh when you read things from these 1/4 mile junkies talking about how they can get an extra tenth if they get better changes or whatever....like driving in a straight line is something hard to do :D If these people need more practice changing up gears I wouldn't advise them to go anywhere near a track!
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

llenrub wrote:Iv'e done trackruns in a porsche 911, dodge viper, F355, TVR cerbera, Lotus esprit turbo, M3, single seater etc and it was great fun

You mean you've done a Red Letter driving day. :roll:

llenrub wrote:Keeping the racing line and find the performance edge of your vehicle is a doddle.

:lol: Sorry mate but that shows that you have zero track experience and are just talking out of your ar$e. But then they don't let you go over 4000 revs on those Red Letter days, do they?
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Jonno, What's an SLJ? I have no idea...
Whilst we are on the subject what on earth does ROFL mean?
Why can't people write anymore!
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

Told you I wasn't lieing.... Lots of love, Llenrub

tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

LOL you forgot the Brucey pose and Sombrero too.

ROFL - rolling on floor laughing

SLJ - straight line junkie...
T
Icsunonove

Post by Icsunonove »

(Toni, wheres the pictures of your twincharger engine installation you promised us all?)

Return to “Driving Experiences”