[Mk2] [Turbo] My rev2 rebuild log.

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

2mad

Re: [Mk2] [Turbo] My rev2 rebuild log.

Post by 2mad »

Grazzy wrote:Found the problem, The ecu provided in my gen3 conversion package was actually a gen2 & its was also faulty (now fixed)

so im on the hunt for a gen3 ecu. anyone know anyone selling one? dont really wanna mod this loom to work with a gen2 ecu & pull out the larger injectors.

I've got a rev3 ecu £100 plus postage and ill only ask for the postage asked for ... sent parcel2go 24hour if posable .. check my feed back :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Ill take it. Just need to get the cash in my bank account. ill drop you a PM shortly.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

No worries mate .. im in no rush :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

thanks dude :thumleft:

Im hoping plug this in, get MOT, then engage boost.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Grazzy wrote:thanks dude :thumleft:

Im hoping plug this in, get MOT, then engage boost.

Sounds a good plan ... I'll get it to you pronto mate ..get you boosting again :D
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

ECU turned up, nice one Kev :) just need to get down to the garage which will be the moment i finish work.

this time I hope i can post a video of what it sounds like!! :D
2mad

Post by 2mad »

No worries mate .. any problems let me know and ill sort it out ... fingers crossed bud :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Right the ECU sorted the problem out, Nice one Kev! :D

Just need this gearbox oil to turn up & some induction pipe to delete the AFM, I think both items will be turning up today or tomorrow.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Well chuffed for you mate .. cant wait for you to be up and boosting .. sure it will be no time :thumleft:

Kev.
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

its almost ready for been MOT'ed Had an oil leak that needed addressing. oil pump seal started crying. :(

but other than this everything was running great, Loom and sensor swap appears to have worked. the AFM is no more.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Glad its coming along nicely, got to expect a few teething problems .. youll have them ironed out in no time .. keep us updated :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Yeah its getting closer. changed the oil pump seal gasket also another sump gasket. both of these have been changed. It does not appear to be leaking but its not been turned over yet. Found a part in the gear box that needed replacing. looks like a Y fork thats connects to the release bearing (i think) and the povit it connects to were very worn and sloppy. this is turning up tomorrow.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

I spent 5years of my life waiting for car parts lol you'll get there mate :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Its close now. All issues resolved but one. still getting an oil leak from the oil pump. its had the gasket seal & o ring replaced. The new o ring had torn I did think that would have been the end of it. Sadly not.

Its only leaking when the engine is running, it is a genuine part from Toyota also. its like theirs something missing or not tight inside it. Ive just dropped off the old pump, time to compare the 2 see whats at miss.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Grazzy wrote:Its close now. All issues resolved but one. still getting an oil leak from the oil pump. its had the gasket seal & o ring replaced. The new o ring had torn I did think that would have been the end of it. Sadly not.

Its only leaking when the engine is running, it is a genuine part from Toyota also. its like theirs something missing or not tight inside it. Ive just dropped off the old pump, time to compare the 2 see whats at miss.

Best of luck mate cant wait to see you up and running :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

Good news,

I've had the call. Its done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumleft: \:D/ :thumleft: \:D/ :thumleft: \:D/ \:D/ :thumleft: \:D/ :thumleft: \:D/ :thumleft:

There just ringing around trying to find somewhere to MOT it.
2mad

Post by 2mad »

Grazzy wrote:Good news,

I've had the call. Its done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:thumleft: \:D/ :thumleft: \:D/ :thumleft: \:D/ \:D/ :thumleft: \:D/ :thumleft: \:D/ :thumleft:

There just ringing around trying to find somewhere to MOT it.

Thats f-ing brilliant .. so pleased for you mate :thumleft: .. good luck with the mot O:)
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

I cant get an MOT on it till Monday. the 4-5 places I've used before and are close are all booked up till then.

Bit of a kick in the teeth, but who cares it sorted 8)

Sounds epic tho, that KO system deffo gives it a very deep burble. more to come soon.

Now the engine builds out of the way can start finishing getting the other bits of body kit im missing.

im still trying to work out weather i want to go with coil overs or uprated shocks and springs.
juliankv73

Post by juliankv73 »

Well done mate, bet your grinning bigger than a Cheshire cat lol

Glad your loving the KO racing R1, that exhaust rocks

Looking forward to your spirited drive posts now :thumleft:
Grazzy

Post by Grazzy »

The smile is there Julian, O yes...

The back box is wicked. you were right, its not shy on noise, it was worth every penny :)

Return to “Member Profiles”