I tried black Ops last night...

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Razor04

Re: I tried black Ops last night...

Post by Razor04 »

I've given the multiplayer another go now i've had more time to play it, and it's still utter garbage, games dropping due to interupted connection now as well. It's hideously inept and the weapons are crap.

I think people are so gutted that they're determined to get their £40 worth out of it, desperately hoping it'll get better hahahaha

it's pants and everyone knows it.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

It's pants and everyone KNEW it :D
craig

Post by craig »

DannyN wrote:It's pants and everyone KNEW it :D

hence me sticking to mw2. Didn't expect b/o to be this bad though!
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

I'm enjoying it. Makes a big difference to the glitchfest camping extravaganza which was mw2.
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

The beauty and longevity factor of MW2 is that everyone can be what they want to be & play the game as they wish, you can be a camper, knife runner, noob tuber, sniper, or UMP stoppin power pleb etc etc

black ops has tried to prevent this factor and seems to drive everyone to the latest unlocked weapon to get an advantage, although i did camp very sucessfully on Nuketown with pump action shotty earlier today, and i just loved the abuse i got over the mike hahahaha
i entered one of the houses on the top floor and someone was camping in the bedroom doorway enfield trained on the door, as i went in the game lag cut in and i ended up alongside him bypassing his shot and knifed him in the head hahahaha oh the pathetic hilarity of it.

i might keep hold of it just to p1$$ the twerps off like this :lol:
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

personally its not great BUT its better then mw2 by far.
mw2 was WAY WAY WAY too easy, most games i would get atleast 30-40 kills with 10 or less deaths there was just no challenge, my kdr just kept climbing and climbing and it just took all the fun out of it.
black ops is a heck of alot harder so much that my highest kill streat is now only 13... the guns arent as accurate they spray alot more so its no more "point and shoot" in mw2 you looked at some 1 pulled the trigger and they were dead the guns barely recoiled on it at all, in black ops they spray quite bad at times but not so much that you can get a kill (tonight i out sniped a sniper with just an aug and red dot over a whole map)

mw2 was fun for the first month but after going on it every night and being top constantly with a stupid kill death ratio just took all the fun out of it, search and destroy was ruined on the game also (my fave game mode)
this isnt a bragging post to say how good i was at mw2 im just saying that mw2 was far too easy and not much fun but black ops despite being a Treyarch game is alot more fun and challenging
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

Just been down Argos they're doing game trade in's now, i got £27 for medal of honour, they're offering £37 for black ops.

i bought it with the £20 psn voucher so if i traded it in i'd be £12 in profit
:D
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

Had only 2 games of Blops now, came 1st in my team both times, which never happened on MW2 :mrgreen:

Seems okay, don't know why there's so many complaints about it.
Not looked into the upgrades n stuff yet though.

Not liking how it mostly runs at 30fps though.
60fps FTW :thumleft:
Nails

Post by Nails »

I dont like how the graphics are meant to make it feel 'old' . In the olden days the colours in real life where just ther same as now game making people!

The guns are xxxx, by the time I first switched it on around 8pm first day it was released I was playing with people of 30+ with far far better guns, now Im at 20 and everyotherf **ker is running round with even better guns.

Although I do have to say the only reason I like new cos is it normally takes around a week for the glitchers to figure out stuff so the first few days wasnt just a killstreak rpg knifing fest, although by last night the matches where seemingly all about chopper after chopper
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

Yeah when i played it online at 2am on release night everyone was using the MP5K smg then the next time i played it was the Hbar AUG and a few AK47's and Famas

It wont take long to get to level 50 then everyone will have equal accuracy
But it wont improve the game one iota :thumleft:
Martin F
IMOC Moderator

Post by Martin F »

I have to admit i'm getting quite addicted to it, the killstreaks are great, loving taking control of the chopper or even the buggy.
Knifing goes about 30% in my favour which is extremely annoying, i knife someone first but it doesn't connect ](*,)
I loose connection every third game and sometimes have been forced to give up altogether after losing connection or the lobby closing 5-6 times in a row, Grr!!!
I have also lost my buggy underground, driving about on a sand like floor but having the bottom of the game above me, very weird.
A few other annoying glitches but as far as games go in general it's not to bad, played it more than the 30 or so other games i have bought so far, only ones i have played more are the obvious like GTA4/res evil/NFS/MW/MW2.. :-k
Oh well :-$
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

well had a gop on my brothers today..
gotta say i did like it prob cos my expectations were not high.. and most i know are now playing it
i am holding my head in shame a buying it on the way home

loved the buddy.. :thumleft:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Borrowed it from a mate on Weds. Completely open minded about it all as I've read the bad reviews of it on here but also seen all the great video reviews of it online ( 9/10, 9.5/10, 94% etc etc). Completed the single player campain on hard, nothing great at all. A few nice levels and some sh*te levels! Going back to WW2!! :roll: [-X Rubbish and no need for it. Other parts were just put in for the sake of it.

Played a bit of zombie killing...not bad but that JFK voice is SOOOO f**king annoying!! :evil: ](*,)

Played a few hours of multiplayer.......dont like it at all. Not a touch on MW2, seems like this game should be a prequel to MW2 not released a year later! Needed to be a lot more polished and fluid than it is. Just feels so dated and cheap.

After playing through the single player and then onto multiplayer it just made me wana play MW2.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

i know what you mena..
played zombies.. hated that.. give me horde any day,,,,

found it okay.. not as good as MW2 but you have not got tactical knifers and RPGers running around..
it rem,inded me very much of a modern day call of duty 3....
remember they are still running it on the old Quake engine.. about time for an update i think..

but i shall have a play etc.. only spent a couple hours on it this morn.. got to kick me bro and bro in laws ass..

its the small things i did not like.. llike the water effects... or even worse the flame thrower effects i thought were terrible... but still have a laugh on it
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

thai boxer wrote:
After playing through the single player and then onto multiplayer it just made me wana play MW2.

but mw2 was just so cheap and easy to get kills it made it no fun at all there was no challenge in the slightest due to the high powered guns and immense auto aim
Razor04

Post by Razor04 »

The tac knifers and rpg'ers were all part of the MW2
experience, players can be what they want to be, that's
why it has such longevity.

black flops won't last 3 months

and remember easy to get kills or not it's the first one to 30 wins
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Razor04 wrote:The tac knifers and rpg'ers were all part of the MW2
experience, players can be what they want to be, that's
why it has such longevity.

black flops won't last 3 months

and remember easy to get kills or not it's the first one to 30 wins

it never used to be the first to 30.... my best kdr was 56/1 lol
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:
thai boxer wrote:

but mw2 was just so cheap and easy to get kills it made it no fun at all there was no challenge in the slightest due to the high powered guns and immense auto aim

Well thats what Hardcore mode is for then. Thats all I played with COD4 and about 50/50 on MW2.

I dont even play MW2 anymore but playing through Black Ops just made me wana turn it off and put it on. Multiplayer just seems so basic and unpolished and dated.
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
DannyN

Post by DannyN »

can you say Llllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggg...............
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

DannyN wrote:can you say Llllllaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggg...............

not noticed any...
on my 2nd game finished with 19 kills 2 deaths and 5 assists :thumleft:

Return to “Games Consoles”