CarBen Fibre Creations

Re: Mk2 S-Style Side Ducts in Carbon Fibre

Post by CarBen Fibre Creations »

Payment received. I will get them in the post to you all on Monday :thumleft:
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

That's great news,this has been a hassle free group buy.

Thank you to all who placed orders & Ben (CarBen F/C) especially for the great deal & the spot on information time n time again :thumleft:

Next batch will be with us soon \:D/
surferdude

Post by surferdude »

Also great thanks in advance from the Dutchies Ben!

Hassle free? Quit... we don't have them yet... #-o

Yust kiddin.. :cyclops:

For the UK members who will gonna fit them next week: post your experiences here please. :thumleft:
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

Has anyone,
1.bolton
2.clarky
3.acstreet
4.Rev2rich
5.dantheman
Received their nice new shiny ducts yet from Ben ?
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

YEP \:D/ \:D/ done a dry fit and they seem ok :thumleft:
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

:mrgreen: Excellent rich so they look good \:D/

What if any skirts do you have on your 2 ?
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

I found out I have MRD-skirts, even on a dry fit they do looks the dogs bo11ocks :thumleft: :thumleft: :thumleft:
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

i got them today, just took a look at them. theres no disputing they are georgous. look really really nice.

i have to say though i am a little disappointed, at least on first glance. the description was ducts to allow more air to pass into the vents, but the solid lip that runs all the way round and shallow curving are quite likely to prevent much extra air getting into the vent.

i will take a more detailed look when i fit them to the car in a week or 2 but i sense i might be modifying them slightly for a better flow path. if i do i will post the results.

but on the plus side, they look amazing and i dont regret buying them....
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

'rev2rich'
A bet they do m8 :mrgreen:

when you fitted or even the dry fitted,could you take a few pic's & load then up plz.

'dantheman'
Glad to hear you got them m8 :thumleft:

as you say post up what your final thoughts are on the 'flow path' it might look different once they are fitted (i hope)
acstreet

Post by acstreet »

i got mine today they look lovely look awesome on my white one but i bought these for my toms and can now see what they dont fit due to the lip on the duct

Ben did kindly say hed give me money back if i wasnt happy

But im getting a respray soon so im going to get some of my inner toms skirt cut out just so i can fit the lip into so they hold it, it will only need a small section and it wont even be noticed :D

Other than the lip i think they would fit well

I think im willing to get a fibreglass set for my black one now also :thumleft:
bolton

Post by bolton »

Got mine today as i was away for the night yesterday! And all i can say is :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers!
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

That's great news lads \:D/ i'm glad they arrived ok

Just clarky now & your all happy chappies...Good times :lol:
Clarky

Post by Clarky »

Got them yesterday safe and sound, nicely packed too :thumleft:

Big grin on my face they look fantastic, there so sexy (bit much I know but its my first bit of carbon :D )

They are going on a black car so I think they will look so stealthy.

Dingleburg very kindly gave me his spare vents, which I still haven't got round to chopping the centre bar :oops: but I have had a lot on lately, anyway I have got some extra incentive now and some time off soon so time to play....

Here are some (alot) of dry fit pics on red scoops

The fit is superb and I love the shine they have

Top Class

A very big thank you to reddev1 and top marks to Ben

:thumleft:
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

Wow they look......yummy :lol: the fit looks superb.

That's great clarky,that is all five happy \:D/ thanks for the pic's & the acknowledgement,you are more than welcome,it's been a hassle free GB
looking forward to the next batch =P~
:mrgreen: __ :mrgreen: __ :mrgreen:
CarBen Fibre Creations

Hi Guys, glad everyones happy with the products get some photos up once you have them fitted to the car I'd be interesed to see how they look against different skirts :thumleft:

@dantheman - The shallow curving on the duct is needed to minimize drag, if the ducts had a deeper curve you would get more drag and possibly maximaze the chances of the ducts coming away from the car. Against the standard vents these ducts will increase airflow which will hopefully increase performance slightly. I am glad you like them and i'd be interested to know if you do end up modifing them, I am always interested in improving any of our products to ensure we deliver the best for our customers :D
dantheman

Post by dantheman »

the drag they create a function of their frontal area, in this case the size of the hole between its front edge and the skirt. its shaping behind that will only have an effect on how the air is guided into the vent, therefore affecting its velocity, but yes also the resultant force on the duct. whilst you are right, a shallower curve is making them less likely to come off, it also means the air running along the face of the carbon wont be turned into the vent, rather it will stagnate at the lip, creating a higher pressure within the vent. because the vent works by creating a low pressure, this will reduce the amount of airflow through the vent.

any modification i make wont be major, its just a case of filling the space created by that overhanging lip round the egde to reduce the stagnation at that point.
rev2rich

Post by rev2rich »

Just an update on my set....Unfortunatly they dont fit ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) the angle of them is slightly out and the rear bottom on the unit doest sit flush #-o I took it round to a firends house who is a body work guy ( I really wanted them on my car) but he couldnt make them sit right either

So they are being sent back tomorrow. Gutted!! 100% top quality! looks the nut's but doesnt fit MRD skirts...shame #-o

So some one who is waiting next will get a set early :thumleft:
CarBen Fibre Creations

dantheman wrote:the drag they create a function of their frontal area, in this case the size of the hole between its front edge and the skirt. its shaping behind that will only have an effect on how the air is guided into the vent, therefore affecting its velocity, but yes also the resultant force on the duct. whilst you are right, a shallower curve is making them less likely to come off, it also means the air running along the face of the carbon wont be turned into the vent, rather it will stagnate at the lip, creating a higher pressure within the vent. because the vent works by creating a low pressure, this will reduce the amount of airflow through the vent.

any modification i make wont be major, its just a case of filling the space created by that overhanging lip round the egde to reduce the stagnation at that point.

Sounds like you know your stuff, let me know how your testing and modifying goes if you make a big difference to the way the ducts perform I will think about altering the ones we have to suit your improved design :thumleft:

rev2rich wrote:Just an update on my set....Unfortunatly they dont fit ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) the angle of them is slightly out and the rear bottom on the unit doest sit flush #-o I took it round to a firends house who is a body work guy ( I really wanted them on my car) but he couldnt make them sit right either

So they are being sent back tomorrow. Gutted!! 100% top quality! looks the nut's but doesnt fit MRD skirts...shame #-o

Thats a shame, I'll send over your money once I get the ducts back :)

In the mean time if the next person on the list wants to PM me an email address I will send the invoice so these ducts can go straight back out :thumleft:
reddev1ll09

Post by reddev1ll09 »

rev2rich wrote:Just an update on my set....Unfortunatly they dont fit ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) the angle of them is slightly out and the rear bottom on the unit doest sit flush #-o I took it round to a firends house who is a body work guy ( I really wanted them on my car) but he couldnt make them sit right either

Gutter rich :(
Thanks for the post tho,now ben can add the info (MRD :( skirts) to his own thread on the ducts,much appreciated bud :thumleft: shame tho,

CarBen Fibre Creations wrote:In the mean time if the next person on the list wants to PM me an email address I will send the invoice so these ducts can go straight back out :thumleft:

I have pm'd benGT to see if he would like his set.
stealth

Post by stealth »

I'll take mine early if he's not ready?

I realise it's pushing in a bit but if everyone's cool with it I would appreciate it as I now need them before my car goes to the body shop.

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”