An Open Letter from Marc Whitten about Xbox LIVE this Holiday

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Bender Unit

Re: An Open Letter from Marc Whitten about Xbox LIVE this Holiday

Post by Bender Unit »

Have to be honest I honestly dont care about either machine - if the PS3 was better I would sell the 360 and buy one. Both machines have both good points and bad points and at the moment there isnt enough to make me move from my 360 to the PS3.

I was an avid PS2 fan but got so bored waiting for the PS3 I got a 360 and its going to take a lot for me to change. I think the PS3 delays have actually driven quite alot of people to try a console they normally wouldnt, and for all those that did wait the high price helped push even more away.

The truth is they are both very good machines and both hugley capable. I dont really think there will ever be a significant difference between them just because of how the industry works - 1 game is ported to the other with minimal differences in graphics or game play.

Fine there maybe a few "X only" titles but thats hardly a deal breaker - I can happily live without GT5, I can only assume that the PS3 owners can happily live without Forza 2 - etc.

Each to their own, most of these threads are just ribbing anyway, in truth none of us really care - we like what we like.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I wouldnt care is the PS3 was better. I have an Xbox and thats that.
I dont have any mates with PS3's for a start where as most of my mates have 360's.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Lauren wrote:I guess the point is, that you can't get away with driving a Fiat. The difference is, I can. :tongue:

thats cos nobody knows you drive a fiat! they jus think your abbreviating even more stuff they dont understand.

:clown:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

SamUK wrote:
Lauren wrote:I guess the point is, that you can't get away with driving a Fiat. The difference is, I can. :tongue:

thats cos nobody knows you drive a fiat! they jus think your abbreviating even more stuff they dont understand.

Err i think they do. There has been a whole thread devoted to it and it is in my sig! Panda is :+:
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:I wouldnt care is the PS3 was better. I have an Xbox and thats that.
I dont have any mates with PS3's for a start where as most of my mates have 360's.

LOL.

But if all your mates had PS3s what would you do then?
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

Lauren wrote:
SamUK wrote:

Err i think they do. There has been a whole thread devoted to it and it is in my sig! Panda is :+:

its called sarcasm!! \:D/
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

Lauren wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:I wouldnt care is the PS3 was better. I have an Xbox and thats that.

LOL.

But if all your mates had PS3s what would you do then?

If they all had PS3's before I bought my 360 then I probably would have bought a PS3. But Ps3's werent out cause Sony are too slow.

I often take games and or controllers round mates houses and we have 360 sessions. If I had a PS3 that wouldnt really happen would it. It's a social thing. I only bought the 360 cause a couple of mates had them and I played them and enjoyed it.
Like I said, I dont care remotely for the argument between consoles. They're just games consoles, they do the same thing, play games. I just got what was OUT and what every one else had.

I certainly wouldnt change an Xbox for a PS3 as I dont see them as that different.
Not to mention the PS3 is over priced IMO.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

microsoft actually rushed to get the 360 out before the ps3 because they were originally supposed to come out within 6months of each other.
the ps3 is now the same price as a 360 now also microsoft are looking to support blue ray now after claiming that HD DVD would kill blue ray
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

H3RB wrote:microsoft actually rushed to get the 360 out before the ps3 because they were originally supposed to come out within 6months of each other.
the ps3 is now the same price as a 360 now also microsoft are looking to support blue ray now after claiming that HD DVD would kill blue ray

how did you figure that one out? they didnt come out within 6 months of each other because sony delayed it, not because MS speeded things up.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

i didnt say they sped up
i said originally they were due out within six months of each other but ms rushed to get their console out first. hence the over heating problems due to not testing the componants working together enough.
they also name it the xbox 360 as apposed to the xbox 2 so they didnt sound inferior to the ps3
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

You can buy a brand new Xbox 360 for £189
Cheapest PS3 is £350 I believe?

Xbox Elite is £300
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

the 360 wasnt released early so the fact that the PS3 wasnt out within 6 months is because sony delayed.

if MS had launched the 360 early then u cud be right but it came out when they said it would originally.

as for the testing, cant really argue with that altho it doesnt happen to every 360 so i guess testing mite not of picked it up.
matt_mr2t

Post by matt_mr2t »

I remember the delays to the PS3, it was due to the Blu-ray drives IIRC.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

think it was actually the cell. i kno it took longer to perfect than they originally wanted.

could of been bluray too tho cos thats still not finished lol.

have to say tho and i think this will be my first pro PS3 post!!

the £189 xbox doesnt have a HD player or HDD so its not really fair to compare the too.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

new ps3 now is £300 same as the elite :thumleft:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

i wonder what happens to the 360 pricing if MS bring out this new SKU with HD-DVD drive.

will it be more or will the others be less? could be interesting. then we could make a fair comparison on price too.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

matt_mr2t wrote:You can buy a brand new Xbox 360 for £189

Xbox Elite is £300

I think you'll find that the PS3 can be had for £279 thesedays. You have to compare it to the elite because thats the one with the HDDVD drive.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Lauren wrote:
matt_mr2t wrote:You can buy a brand new Xbox 360 for £189

Xbox Elite is £300

I think you'll find that the PS3 can be had for £279 thesedays. You have to compare it to the elite because thats the one with the HDDVD drive.

NONE of the 360's on the market come with a hd dvd drive as standard
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

nope H3RBs right.

it jus has the bigger HDD as standard and the HDMI port and cable.
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

SamUK wrote:nope H3RBs right.

it jus has the bigger HDD as standard and the HDMI port and cable.

So how much is the HDDVD then?

Doesn't sound such good value when you look at it like that.

Return to “Games Consoles”