XBOX 360 vs PS3

Is the PS3 better than a C64, all in here

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

thai boxer

Re: XBOX 360 vs PS3

Post by thai boxer »

H3RB wrote:microsoft said they want to keep the atleast 7 years and sony said they want to make it last up to 10 years

That'll never happen mate. We both know that. :wink:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

ps2 lasted 7 years, xbox 1 last just under 6 years. so now with the ability to add firmware at any time theres no need for anew console aspeically as a console can run 99.9% of pc games
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

another reason to buy a PS3

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7074547.stm

do your bit for research :thumleft:
Car now Sold :cry: damn 5th Lumber Disc !
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Spent the day with Pistol Pete yesterday playing his new PS3.

Not good people. :thumbdown: I REALLY can not see what all the fuss is about with this damn console.

Played Resistance, Motorstorm, Warhawk and VF5.

Nothing special AT ALL! [-X ](*,) The controllers feel like they've been made at school...very light and cheap.

Motorstorm got pretty boring after 3 laps, looked quite pretty.....DiRT is sooooo much better!

I was looking forward to playing Resistance as its my type of game.......graphic's weren't that great at all and I got bored playing it single player AND online with Pete after about 15mins of each.

So we turned it off and played the 360 all day! :mrgreen:

I LOVE my games people (as a lot of you know! :wink: ) and I honestly do not care what platform they are on (I've got 6 consoles here at home now!) but the PS3 just is'nt doing for me. I think it looks and plays soooo average.
Draven

Post by Draven »

So you'd prefer having to replace your Xbox every month then ??
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

thai boxer wrote:Spent the day with Pistol Pete yesterday playing his new PS3.

Not good people. :thumbdown: I REALLY can not see what all the fuss is about with this damn console.

LOL. Well maybe the fact that it doesn't break every five minutes might be useful?

How many more times though, you have to give it a chance for the big titles to come out. DiRT is much better than motorstorm i agree. In fact on PS3 it can run a higher frame rate than the 360 and load times are 50% less, so it plays a little nicer.

Personally I love Warhawk, way prefer it over resistance.
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Lauren wrote:
thai boxer wrote:Spent the day with Pistol Pete yesterday playing his new PS3.

LOL. Well maybe the fact that it doesn't break every five minutes might be useful?

How many more times though, you have to give it a chance for the big titles to come out. DiRT is much better than motorstorm i agree. In fact on PS3 it can run a higher frame rate than the 360 and load times are 50% less, so it plays a little nicer.

Personally I love Warhawk, way prefer it over resistance.

Games. Talking about the games. Build quality of the 360 is sh*te! Agreed....but the games are far, far better.

The loading times are crap on the PS3! Took ages to load games yesterday....twice as long as the 360. :clown:

Pete has 5 games on his PS3....only 2 of them were 1080p...rest were only a maxium of 720.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

lol u think resistance is crap but gears is good??? you dont like games thai u like tripe!
resistance is awsome online it blows halo out the water! 20v20 with no lag? war hawk is 16v16 with no lag halol is 4v4 with lots of lag gears is 4v4 with lag :thumleft:
motor storm gets borin quick but u can deny how good the mud etc looks (if u were playin in hd)
i thought the same thing as u when i first got my ps3, the pad is too light because theres no rumble. but atleast its has a built in battery that lasts almost twice as long as the 360 battery pack
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

MS are supposed to of fixed the overheating problem in new xboxs and if yours is sent back you normally get one of the new ones back.

your gonna have to come up with another reason to slag the console.

H3RB if you get lag then its at your end mate cos i dont get any and i really dont think so many people would play if they were laggy.

lag tends to make or break a game and they definately aint broke!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

lol the lag isnt my end especially when others in the game are complaining about it too. if you host you dont get lag if your not hosting you will get lag in a fair few games, its all to do with the net coding of a game not the persons connection. poor net coding = lag good net coding = no lag even in action packed large games.
so no its no on my end my 24 meg runs pretty damn smooth :thumleft:

on another note the problem hasnt been fixed my friends 3 week old elite has over heated n hes waiting for it to be sent back.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

guys seriously! Does it really matter?

both consoles have good points!

xbox has more games but it's older
ps3 is more powerful but it's newer
ps3 is more expensive but it's got more gear and is newer
xbox is cheaper but it's older and more fragile and has less gear

i own both a ps3 and a 360 elite and i like them both! Bioshock is fantastic, Gow is fantastic, Resistance is fantastic, F1 is fantastic!

But if a game is multiformat i'll buy it for the ps3 as i like using it better and imo it's a better console

:thumleft:

btw, samuk whats with all the snide comments about prices of headsets etc on all ps3 posts? grow up man! It's really childish and i remember you doing the exact same thing on mr2oc!

:clown:
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

nobody asked you to get involved. me, thai, h3rb and lauren have been "discussing" this for a few weeks now so those "snide comments" are continuations from previos comments and they kno what i meant. 8)

H3rb, youll have to do better than "a friends" elite broke to back it up.

i have a m8 whos had 10 ps3s in a row and they keep breaking.

see what i did there? :-P

as for the lag. i can honestly say i played gears for about 3 months nearly every other night and only saw lag a couple of times.

halo i got lag but then i realised i had azureus open and it was using my upload lol.

theres alot more to it than jus good net coding. you could have the best net coding in the world but if your firewall is blocking the traffic your not gonna get anywhere.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

a firewall on ur pc wouldnt stop ur 360 connection if your using a router, and for online you only need download unless ur host in which case u only need upload.

if ur really that bothered ill give u my mates telphone number n u can ring n ask him lol. pc firewalls mean nothing when your straight through a router.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

H3RB wrote:a firewall on ur pc wouldnt stop ur 360 connection if your using a router, and for online you only need download unless ur host in which case u only need upload.

pc firewalls mean nothing when your straight through a router.

ok fair enough ill take ya word for it on the elite but you obviously dont have a clue how connections work so id stick to the PS3 argument.

nearly all if not all routers have a firewall of some sorts so it does kinda matter. :thumleft:

plus i think youlll find you do need to download or else you wouldnt kno what anyone else was doing in the game.

you have to send and recive still mate. its just the host has to send and receive to everyone and a player only to the host and back.

thats why the host needs the bigger upload.
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

router firewalls dont matter either u just forward the ports need. and as for upload download, i can host a 40player resistance fall of man match on 80kbs upload but i cant host a solid 10 player match on halo 3 match with the same upload.
SamUK

Post by SamUK »

well having to forward ports is different to it not mattering.

you must have a problem somewhere cos ive been hosting 12 player games since i played on the original xbox and im member of alot of game forums so i kno plenty of others that do too.
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

SamUK wrote:nobody asked you to get involved. me, thai, h3rb and lauren have been "discussing" this for a few weeks now so those "snide comments" are continuations from previos comments and they kno what i meant. 8)

It's a public forum so i have every right to get involved!

tbh you are really not worth the hassle of trying to speak to, you have it in your mind that anything apart from the 360 is xxxx, thats so narrow minded it's scary!

](*,)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

would be the same if the ps3 came out 2 years before the 360, he'd be defending the ps3 because it has more games then the 360 would have... like i said i have both consoles and i prefer the ps3 but then theres people like samuk who only have the 360 and think its amazing when compared to the ps3 its not...
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

spectrum vs c64 vs cpc464
amiga vs atari st
master system vs snes
megadrive vs snes
saturn vs n64 vs ps1
gamecube vs ps2 vs xbox
wii vs 360 vs ps3

who really gives a f****
hicks