mr turbo vs db7!

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

This post is:

Great driving
5%
Just having a laugh
11%
Stupid
11%
So idiotic I want to hit you with a big stick
74%

Total votes: 57

ENSMR2

Re: mr turbo vs db7!

Post by ENSMR2 »

prezjamin wrote:IIRC Fastest recorded speed that someone got caught on a uk road was a biker doing 158, he got his liscence removed and 6 months in the slammer, The article said something about it taking about 1/4 of a mile to stop at that speed, eeek thats a long way.

159 [-X
Well i hope you realise you can now keep up with the faster cars and dont need to try it again, too soon ;)

I'm sure back in the day's of no speed limits an A/C Cobra was clocked at 198mph. It was decided this was too fast so they decided to bring in speed limits.
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

159!!

I would of done the same thing except a have a limiter still.

Its pretty scary at those speeds though, wouldnt want to stay there for long.

Nothing wrong with high speeds as long as you are happy to just kill yourself
DeusMR2

Post by DeusMR2 »

top_gear_towers wrote:Sorry mate, but that speed is madness.

fact is the Aston could sit happily at 159, and he could jump on his brakes and stop far quicker than you.

It all well and good having the acceleration that can match him, but all that extra cash he's spent on the Aston doesn't just go on wheels and leather interior.

Actually from 100 to 0 km/h the MR2 (rev2+) has a shorter stopping distance (109ft as to 127ft for the DB7)... but I still agree with you, at 159mph anything can happen! The DB7 can easily handle those speeds, our 2's prefer speeds a bit lower down.
vader

Post by vader »

fair play mate :shock:

it okay until something goes wrong :( ie some one pull out on you, blow out etc (all posted earlier in the thread)

Mr2 are vey fast and need lots of respect ( as you probabaly already know )

Not try to get you to suck eggs mate, just be careful [-o<
Speedy

Post by Speedy »

Nothing wrong with high speeds as long as you are happy to just kill yourself

Yourself and somebody else perhaps?
michael

Post by michael »

Who is going to pick up the mess? Carnage doesn't just melt into the earth following an accident, other people are affected.
LimeyMk1
IMOC Committee

Post by LimeyMk1 »

michael wrote:Who is going to pick up the mess? Carnage doesn't just melt into the earth following an accident, other people are affected.

Quite, it cost £1.5 mil to clean up and investigate the average fatal accident. Plus you've got to think of the poor emergencey services who have to scrape your sorry ar$e off the tarmac! I personally would just bulldoze the wreck off the edge of the road and leave it as a warning (any one seen the Puma in Chatham).
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

159...at that speed the road may look clear but frankly it doesn't take long to get somewhere where it definitely is NOT clear. At that speed everyone pulls out in front of you, even if they are half a mile away!!

Insanity, I award you the golden stick.

T
Nelo

Post by Nelo »

Stick, who voted Great Driving btw? michael? =D>
michael

Post by michael »

Nelo wrote:Stick, who voted Great Driving btw? michael? =D>

Of course, it was well wicked like.
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I'm assuming he voted for himself....
T
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Limeymk1 wrote:I personally would just bulldoze the wreck off the edge of the road and leave it as a warning (any one seen the Puma in Chatham).

A very popular tactic for the Kent Constabulary to leave wrecked cars for as long as possible by the side of the road. Certainly a more effective way to reduce urban speeding than speed cameras.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by ENSMR2 »

DeusMR2 wrote:Actually from 100 to 0 km/h the MR2 (rev2+) has a shorter stopping distance (109ft as to 127ft for the DB7)... but I still agree with you, at 159mph anything can happen! The DB7 can easily handle those speeds, our 2's prefer speeds a bit lower down.

Might be able to handle it on a track or very smooth surface like where it was tested but on public roads with all these pot holes and cracks and crappy surfaces? might not cope as well.
Rogue_zero

Post by Rogue_zero »

218ft per second, or 66.5 m per sec. Rediculous speeds. Look at your mum/dad/sister/brother/aunt/uncles/grandparents/children etc and now imagine them being told you were killed racing on the road, and no your life insurance doent pay out to cover the mortgage/school fees. Then tell me nobody would be effected.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

IDIOTIC! Felt great and gave you a rush I'm sure but look at the gamble you're taking not only with your life but others too.

Having saaid that, looking back through this thread there does seem to be a lot of people suddenly wearing halos. I would never claim to be a saint. In fact I did something a bit similar to this (details retained!) but then when you look back you realise just how psychotic it is. Perhaps now he has it out of his system, that will be this kind of lunacy done and dusted.
Sidewinder

Post by Sidewinder »

Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:Perhaps now he has it out of his system, that will be this kind of lunacy done and dusted.

Indeed. In my 'yoof' there used to be a nice, long, clear stretch of road in Kent that my mates and I would use to test the top speed of our cars on. Fantastic fun at the time, but after a few years The Fear starts creeping in and we realised the possible consequences and stopped doing it.
Mk2 NA Rev1 -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev2 -*- Mk1 NA -*- Mk2 Turbo Rev 3 = all gone!

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Know what you mean, the figure 160 seems to drift about my memory. :-k

Glad I grew up in a hurry! :^o

B
Jon Bradley

Post by Jon Bradley »

ahh the MR2's reputation goes another step towards the likes of the Vauxhall Nova.
Rogue_zero

Post by Rogue_zero »

MrTurbo, having read all these posts how do you feel about the incident in question. Not knocking you further, just interested if your opinions changed about what you did and would you do it again in the same circumstances?
The Morris

Post by The Morris »

im not ashamed to say i would of done it. Drive sensibly when needed, have fun when you can

Return to “Driving Experiences”