Geo's Rev 5 Turbo

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

GeorgeL

Re: Geo's Rev 5 Turbo

Post by GeorgeL »

Magic Beans wrote:As much as I loved Mule II I wouldn't want it back. It's a victim of it's own styling really, as you were always worried about damaging that paint etc and the wheel/tyre combo was less than ideal for ultimate handling. If I were to do it again it would be a very different animal, with performance and handling as the sole focus and aesthetics based purely around function. Once that's sorted I'd make it look as good as possible but never at the expense of the business side of things. I think iecku has it pretty much spot on what I'd choose to do.

To be honest though I can't ever see it happening, unless I find myself with a lottery win and just cars just for sh*ts and giggles. Like when you finish games such as Gran Turismo and have money to burn, so make mental cars for fun :lol:

Handling wise it couldn't be more different. The steering is so quick and sensitive it's crazy. I'm not done any miles in it really other than the drive back, so I've yet to scope it all out and see what I've got. The brakes are awful in comparison to my old Carbotech setup, although i suspect they need bleeding and sorting. The alignment is way out too, as the previous owner fitted a wide track kit to it and obviously never got around to getting it dialed in before selling. Another easy fix though and one which should improve the handling no end. I'm still trying to work out what everything in the engine bay does and I've yet to find the dipstick :lol:

I totally understand what you are saying about having it to a point where it's almost not worth driving as you are scared it gets damaged.. It did look boss though all the same. It's trying to find a happy medium I think would be difficult. There are loads I'd love to do to mine but some
Contradict the other and so on... Ill probably opt for function in the end..

I agree, his looks pretty mean but still works as it should :)

I take it the tire and wheel combo you were using didn't help you out much other than it looked great?

Haha exactly! Like Gran Turismo... That would be me if I won the lottery. Lets buy an Aygo and make a 2JZ fit in the back.
That's the kind of things I'd be buying/building..
To be honest I couldn't care less about "flash" cars like Ferraris or Porsches etc... Only thing I care about relating to them is making sure I'm leaving them behind. Don't get me wrong.. They are gorgeous cars and lovely to drive but I'm 90's Jap through and through.

That new car of yours sounds like a right bit of kit though.. You will need to let me know how you get once you have given it a good roasting. It might only need decent pads in it :)

What was your old brake set up like? Reason I ask is that I badly need to do the brakes on mine. I have been looming at The Tarox kits and a few others. My old man had offered to fabricate me up brackets and we could fit his old brembo kit from his skyline but I honestly don't know how far i need to go.. Other than I need to lose what I have on already :p

That made me chuckle about the dip stick :) .. It's always great getting a new toy. But it's a pain when you don't know what you are looking at because its all new to you. I take it you do a lot yourself on your cars?
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

vinp182 wrote:Another good read dude :thumleft:

Where's your dads capri gone?

EDIT*** I can see it in the background :thumleft:

Haha yeah it's still here Vinny.. Been on the back burner for a while bud. He's been sorting the R32 out and working on the house.... Sorry I mean keeping my mum happy ;)

He's planning to get most of it done over the winter while mine is away getting a few things done.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

The old brakes were stock calipers, Carbotech pads, Goodridge lines and drilled/grooved discs. As much power in those as anyone would want. Dusty pads though, really dusty!
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

I'll look into them then :) might save some
Money doing that also.. Cheers
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Massive change of plans with this one...

Will be selling Full turbo kit soon.

Genuine Garrett GT3582R (650hp rated)
TTE WRC Group A Corolla Manifold (as rare as they come and worth a fortune on their own)
TIAL Wastegate (40 or 44mm, brand new diaphragm and seal done last month as part of my car overhaul)
Massive Air Intake Filter... I mean massive! + Samco connecting pipe to Turbo.
3" ID Dowpipe and Full 3" Exhaust system. Custom built work of art and allows the car to breath
Screamer pipe set up (also a work of art and has a Flexi section in it also)

Basically everything you need to drop it right on in place.

Ill also be selling my HKS fuel Rail with HKS 1000c injectors.

Like I said, big change of plans for me so ill be removing and selling the high performance parts that I wont be needing anymore before I move ahead with this.
So before I advertise in the for sale section, if anyone is interested then let me know. All these parts are still on the car and in brilliant condition...
Last edited by GeorgeL on Mon Dec 16, 2013 11:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

???? :shock:

Going bigger? :pray:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Possibly ... :wink:
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Haha, hmmm :-k :mrgreen:
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

To be totally honest.. I am unsure of my plans for definite. Other than a good few parts are being changed haha! I've started picking up the parts I'm needing though.

Parents got me some HKS 272's, Pulleys, Valve Springs and shimless buckets so that's that part sorted now.
I've got a 3.9 final drive gearbox lined up for it too... For reasons I won't disclose just yet :)
I'm trying to source a fuel rail from the states to take bigger injectors but having a nightmare getting a hold of the guys...

I'm just praying I can save enough money to get this thing all ready to rock for spring/summer next year and try take on my Goals with it...

Plus I've got a certain R32 GTR to put in its place at TOTB next year :)
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Most intriguing indeed. I'm certainly curious to see what you do with it :thumleft:
Jonnytatt

Post by Jonnytatt »

That is awesome. Keeping my eye on this.
Hope you dont mind me asking what rails you used for seats.

Also how old are you know lol.
My girlfriend moans at me but she knows when i need car time gladly.
Sometimes i do think i could have supercar if i was alone mind lol
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

The Sparco buckets that were in it had two different rails. Drivers was a sliding Bride rail and the passenger was a generic fixed rail.
The bride seats I'm still waiting on are coming with Bride rails.

I've just turned 22 mate.

See you are lucky that your girlfriend is happy to give you some time for the car.. She's a keeper haha ;)

Well ill be honest buddy... I'm saving an absolute fortune since I split from my ex. However it can be lonely at times on that front :p
Jonnytatt

Post by Jonnytatt »

I'll bet you are lol.
Well i met her when i was building my Integra so she new the score from day one and chose to stay haha.

I'm having major difficulty finding a rail . Just for me of course passenger(Girlfriend) is more than happy in the good old Toyota seat.
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Definitely got a keeper then mate.. Mine knew the score And still moaned like mad..

A teg? Nice one! Was it a dc2?

What seat is it that u r having a nightmare getting a rail for?
Jonnytatt

Post by Jonnytatt »

Thats the thing i cant find a decent low rail to mate to any seat.
Im a fabricator but im still not one to make my own rail i'd rather buy one then i can get a nice fixed bucket.

Probably be a Recaro Pole Position.( or similer )

Yeah bud it was a teg type r Dc2. Loved it but there is only so much you can ask from FWD. lol :whistle:
vinp182

Post by vinp182 »

I've got a really wacky idea for you dude...... How about you go have a bit of fun driving the car before you rip it apart :wink:

Am I gonna have to save this one too in 2 years?! :D haha
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Haha Vinny not a chance man... Oh I've had fun already don't worry plus the bad weather is in up here now so it's time to start on it while its not out causing grief haha!
It aint Fast enough yet though which is why ive got the cams
And such like to go in.. but ive decided to change a few other things while ive got it all out anyways. Plus like I said.. No mrs to give me hassle anymore

Tomorrow is the big day for you though ;) so remember and text me to let
Me know how you get on :)
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Jonnytatt wrote:Thats the thing i cant find a decent low rail to mate to any seat.
Im a fabricator but im still not one to make my own rail i'd rather buy one then i can get a nice fixed bucket.

Probably be a Recaro Pole Position.( or similer )

Yeah bud it was a teg type r Dc2. Loved it but there is only so much you can ask from FWD. lol :whistle:

I ain't too sure on fixed rails but the recaro slider rails are the answer to most problems it seems :) hard to come by though.

You sometimes see fixed rails come up for sale on here though.. There has been a few recently. I like the pole positions :) they are nice! I struggle with a fixed bucket though unfortunately as I like to be practically lying back while driving.

I love dc2s! Possibly top 3 handling fwd cars out there after the FD2 and EK9 although the ek9 Is debatable... Had you done much to it?
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

GeorgeL wrote:It aint Fast enough yet

A 500bhp MR2 isn't quick enough for you?! :o
GeorgeL

Post by GeorgeL »

Magic Beans wrote:
GeorgeL wrote:It aint Fast enough yet

A 500bhp MR2 isn't quick enough for you?! :o

Honestly... Not really mate. On low Boost at 1.4/1.5 bar the car is an absolute joy to drive as you just set it up for the corner and go.. It's very fast but bores me. On high boost 2.1-2.2bar it's more like it...
You can really feel it lift at the front and it really does want to step if you aren't paying attention but its just not quite there yet for me... Genuinely.
Last edited by GeorgeL on Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Member Profiles”