I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.......WRITE OFF!!!!!!!

Discussion and technical advice the SW20 MR2. 3S-GTE, 3S-GE, 3S-FE etc
Anything and everything to do with maintenance, modifications and electrical is in here for the Mk2.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

pistol pete

Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT.......WRITE OFF!!!!!!!

Post by pistol pete »

completley gutted for you buddy.. i cannot say any more than that
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Post by Bobby (aka Shaggar) »

Thanks for all the support so far guys. Still angry as hell believe it or not. Cant help it everytime I step out of my front door and see her.

Had a call this evening regarding the hire car drop-off tomorrow. Its a 2.0 new Mondeo! So I guess Ill find out what Top Gear's car of the year 2008 is all about.

Apparently the 'third party' (keeping things moderator friendly there!) has a week to be contacted by my company. Apparently theyve tried without luck so far. My brokers deal with it so long as it can be proved he's liable. If they can't it goes to my actual insurers who can either fight for the claim with me twidling my MR2-less thumbs or pay out with MY insurance while they continue to fight, reimbersing me shoudl they win.

I know you'll tell me not to be as it's quite clean cut to look at the accident but I'm still nervous. I just want this wrapped up asap.

:roll:

B
C50

Post by C50 »

not another one? :shock:

unlucky dude :(
JJ

Post by JJ »

Unlucky Bobby... after all this time.... :-s

I've left it a few days as I'm struggling to see any images.....

As a few have mentioned... another one !! :shock:

I had to recover one smashed up one only last week... 355 kitted one... except it was his own fault... lost it when it came on boost in a straight line, crash barriered it !! I'd only rebuilt it 2 month back... and did a final tuned on it the day before and was going like stink !! #-o
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Thanks JJ and C50.

I know what you mean JJ, after 8 yeasr it stings. I said it so many times to friends, but I had it so long and been through so much with the bu88er that I didnt think I'd EVER sell it. Just keep driving the pants off it, service it, repair it, fix it up when things go a bit far. In fact I was even considering getting a second car (if my plans of leaving the Uk fall through!). Wouldve loved an RX7 FD.....and yes I know everyones gonna go on about rotaries and boost leaks and blah blah, but they are sooooooo pretty , handle well, drift, and sound like superbike on full throttle. I'd say I know a fair amount about piston engines, wouldve been great to learn about something new like the rotary.

If its viable to repair this thing, thast what will happen otherwise I dont know. Ill cross that bridge then.

As for your friend? Losing it in a straight line? Was it wet or did you just built something stupid powerful?

regards,

Bobby

:pale: ](*,) #-o :cry: :evil:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

3sgte wrote:
Bobby (aka Shaggar) wrote:

what a numpty . absoluteley no argument who was at fault .

shame will be weeks of inconvenience and pi$$ taking insurance companies offering 1/3 what your car is worth

Just read your comment, missed it before.

Just what I needed to hear mate!!!

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Minor update.

Have spoken to both my insurance brokers and the insurers and already from the damage they hear and the age of the car, they are already saying write-off. (sniff, gulp, sniff). Proper assessor coming round tomorrow or Friday.

So preparing myself. Will be bending James ear at 3S methinks and also weighing up pros and cons. Not letting the beast go to a scrap yard so deffo gonna buy back BUT need to think about the next move. Fix that shell, reshell or break (my heart?)

Had the hire car dropped of this after noon, just 2k on the clock!!!!!.....

it'll do for now.

oh, and FYI, just started to snow in London....

My Baby!!!!!!!!!!

B
JJ

Post by JJ »

As for your friend? Losing it in a straight line? Was it wet or did you just built something stupid powerful?

Bobster... It was a frakenstein rev 1 and 4 engine, rev 3 conversion electrics.... just got it running right..... 87mm forged engine too ... 20b turbo.. so going as good as an a strong rev 3 goes.....

Wet though.. I'd warned him the day before when sliding about in a straight line - Abliterated the front end, OSR cill / qrt.. and thats one piece for the rear and one for the front. #-o

I'll jump on my pc at home later.. might be a work restrictions on the photos...
|| S256SX Airwerks Powered MR2 Turbo || V10 BMW M5 ||
MRV6

Post by MRV6 »

Sorry to hear about this Bobby, I'm gutted for you man. No words I can say will help but at least your ok. Take care, Phil.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

OK guys, just testing the water, so am still not the stage of selling the car OR any parts. However, looking at the spec in my profile and looking at the damage done, which some people have said is repairable, how much would you say my car is worth as a complete unit to sell?

The engine has only done about 3k since being rebuilt with all those yummy internals. Same goes for the turbo.

Just need a little research while I start looking at options.

regards,

B
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Any ideas folks?

B
ashley

Post by ashley »

Just seen that you are getting her repaired? Excellent news buddy- hope she comes out A1 :thumleft: :thumleft:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Well....

hopefully.....

I really want MY car back so first priority is to see if its really viable to get it back on the road.

If not then, Id want something '2' but completely and utterly different so maybe something overly kitted. Just dont want anything even slightly like my baby (I know it sounds gay but hey)

...and if i cant find something then I guess I leave the '2-kingdom' altogether. :cry:

....the backup plan at the mo has my eyes wandering towards RX7 FDs.

We'll see mate. Will update as I know more.

B
Last edited by Bobby (aka Shaggar) on Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ashley

Post by ashley »

Best of luck- fingers crossed that she's repairable for you bud :pray:
craig

Post by craig »

All the best in getting back in a '2 soon mate. All the best :thumleft:
chrisbr68

Post by chrisbr68 »

I would kill if that happened to me. Out of the car and straight into prison.

Gutted for you.
GTS GAV

Post by GTS GAV »

cant beleive it buddy its bad enough to here a story like this but to only of had her rebuilt 3k ago is even worse, hope you get it repaired dont giv up on her, were are you with insurence issue are they saying its a deffanate write off? if so what cattogry would it go under? buy her back bring her back from the dead :thumleft:
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Just been on the phone trying to chase down these damn vehicle assessors. Guess the snow is giving them real workload. been waiting for a call for a week adn now turns out they cant see my car till the 30th. In typical insurance company fashion this is going to creep over into 2010 by the looks of it.

'Damn it!' doesnt even come close but anything that does would just get , errrr, moderated.

Arghhhhh, this is sooooooooooooooo frustrating, and not the kind of fristration eased by slapping on the Brut adn buying some chika a couple of Cinzanos! 8) The kind only saitisfies when you look out of your window to see your pride and joy sitting pretty. At the moment mines more a gurner witha paper bag slapped over it. :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

How wierd is it that by the time the damn assessor arrives, Illhaev to wash the crash damaged car just to eak any extra worth out of his valuation as by then it'll be a mess with the weather were having!!!!???

Bobby #-o
Nails

Post by Nails »

I work for a legal insurance company that also does claims management. We do the legal insurance from the EUI group (admiral etc), kwik fit, auto direct, UKFIS, green insurance, H&R, wisecall, eldon, CLS, basically 75% of the market share.

That kind of axx needs a admission of liability from the tp, or the witness to say he would fill in the forms etc and can say that is was the tp fault and be prepared to stand up in court.
It sounds like this has already happened as you are in a credit hire car already, you just have to careful this doesnt go the wrong way as you will become liable for the hire costs, which will be really high, a 1.2 3 door corsa generally costs around £40-50 per day, so your BMW will be around £130+

Axx hardlys ever go to court as because of case law, most axx circs have happened before and the outcome will be settled on what has been settled before.

Get the ctv footage if you can

The big trouble comes when the tp doesnt report this to his insurance company, but as you are in a hire car they may go out of their way to contact their insured, but this depends on which insurance company as not all of them are in the GTA which means they can basically do what they want.
Bobby (aka Shaggar)

Nails wrote:I work for a legal insurance company that also does claims management. We do the legal insurance from the EUI group (admiral etc), kwik fit, auto direct, UKFIS, green insurance, H&R, wisecall, eldon, CLS, basically 75% of the market share.

That kind of axx needs a admission of liability from the tp, or the witness to say he would fill in the forms etc and can say that is was the tp fault and be prepared to stand up in court.
It sounds like this has already happened as you are in a credit hire car already, you just have to careful this doesnt go the wrong way as you will become liable for the hire costs, which will be really high, a 1.2 3 door corsa generally costs around £40-50 per day, so your BMW will be around £130+

Axx hardlys ever go to court as because of case law, most axx circs have happened before and the outcome will be settled on what has been settled before.

Get the ctv footage if you can

The big trouble comes when the tp doesnt report this to his insurance company, but as you are in a hire car they may go out of their way to contact their insured, but this depends on which insurance company as not all of them are in the GTA which means they can basically do what they want.

Thanks for the input mate. Regarding the hire car, I took out an optional £10 insurance against liability for the costs should there be a complication, so no matter what, I wont be paying for that! 8)

Luckily I was quick thinking and immediatleyl jump out of the car and took 83!!!!! photos of the accident from every damn conceivable angle. The insurance company has praised that, saying that if he tries to be difficuly, its just goijng to cost his insurance far more. They dont foresee any problems. Not sure about the CCTV. There was was aiming towards way after the accident, but I dont know whether it was already aimed that way (no real need for it to be) or it was turned on reporting of the accident. The police turned up and also were in the opinion that he was in the wrong and so teh CAD number has also been passed on. So all in all, not looking too bad so far. I guess I'll get some kind of update after Xmas.

Thanks again mate,

Bobby

Return to “MR2 MK2 1990 - 1999 NA & Turbo”