The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Create a post with details about your car.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Gullzter

Re: The journey of one man and his Mule(s)

Post by Gullzter »

Magic Beans wrote:I've not bought anything. However, I have found something with potential :wink:

Just pondering whether or not it's time for Mule VI to be created. Mule VI being the one that's potentially going to be with me for a very long time.. It would be a totally different level to it's predecessors, both in terms of finish and inevitably cost. A very big and potentially very long project... with a V8 in it :wink:

LS2? :eye:
Love a 280z, possibly one of my next cars, I just missed out on a really cheap rolling shell which I would have done something like a LS2 conversion to #-o
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

thomp1983 wrote:How's the 1er going Phil? Is it still keeping you happy day to day? Swmbo is making noises about wanting a newer daily and the 120d or 123d are on the list of possibles

I adore it! Clocked up 83k miles in it over the past 3 1/2 years and it's never missed a beat. I've actually just put in an order for my next company car... Yup, another 1er M Sport, my fourth! :lol: A few more toys this time too. I wouldn't have anything else to be honest.

Get an F20/21 if you can, but the face lift E87s (MY07 onwards) were also great :thumleft:

shane34 wrote:I love these cars, this or a lotus esprit will be my next

Esprits are stunning. If you're lucky and get a good one, or spend a bunch of cash and fix their little issues. There was a lovely one for sale a few months ago. Pretty pricey but fully sorted and running high power.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Gullzter wrote:
Magic Beans wrote:I've not bought anything. However, I have found something with potential :wink:

Just pondering whether or not it's time for Mule VI to be created. Mule VI being the one that's potentially going to be with me for a very long time.. It would be a totally different level to it's predecessors, both in terms of finish and inevitably cost. A very big and potentially very long project... with a V8 in it :wink:

Love a 280z, possibly one of my next cars, I just missed out on a really cheap rolling shell which I would have done something like a LS2 conversion to #-o

LS1 in this one. Longer term I'd put EFI in it, because precision fueling is king :)

There was a lovely wide arch 240Z for sale, with an RB25DET swap in it. It nearly lured me in, nearly O:)
thomp1983

Post by thomp1983 »

Do you know if fresenius's company car scheme gives you the option to buy your car at the end of the lease?
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

Magic Beans wrote:
Gullzter wrote:

LS1 in this one. Longer term I'd put EFI in it, because precision fueling is king :)

There was a lovely wide arch 240Z for sale, with an RB25DET swap in it. It nearly lured me in, nearly O:)

Fair enough, can always swap out the head and intake mani at later stage anyway along with cams etc :eye:
RB would be sweet too but I think my next car will have to be a V8 or bigger, but Defo into the flared arches :thumleft:
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Magic Beans wrote:
Gullzter wrote:

When we went to japfest they had an orange 240z with a Bmw lump in it. On the z owner club I'm sure I've seen a 2jz build into a 240z aswell. I'm sure there are lots of options out there. Only thing with the espirt is its appears that owners tend not to go crazy with them. I've looked about on YouTube etc and not seen any increased or big power builds. V8 turbo that is.

Would be nice to know if people actually modify them, I would be bored if I didn't haha
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

thomp1983 wrote:Do you know if fresenius's company car scheme gives you the option to buy your car at the end of the lease?

Unfortunately not.

A random guy comes and takes away the car you've come to love. It's a pretty sad day, until the new one appears... Then the old one's dead to me :lol:

Gullzter wrote:Fair enough, can always swap out the head and intake mani at later stage anyway along with cams etc :eye:
RB would be sweet too but I think my next car will have to be a V8 or bigger, but Defo into the flared arches :thumleft:

Agreed. V8 for the noise, classic JDM for the styling =P~

shane34 wrote:When we went to japfest they had an orange 240z with a Bmw lump in it. On the z owner club I'm sure I've seen a 2jz build into a 240z aswell. I'm sure there are lots of options out there. Only thing with the espirt is its appears that owners tend not to go crazy with them. I've looked about on YouTube etc and not seen any increased or big power builds. V8 turbo that is.

Would be nice to know if people actually modify them, I would be bored if I didn't haha

For the most part people seem to V8 swap them, stick a boosted Jap engine in, or do a full restoration of the original I6 lump. I'm not so a purist, I love the idea of classic styling furnished with modern technology. More the chassis side of things than the V8 in that instance :lol:

A few more examples of the kind of result I have in mind:

Last edited by Magic Beans on Tue Aug 02, 2016 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

they are stunning =P~
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

My choice would be the stealth grey one out those, love the colour combo, open headlights and something about the wing mirrors are cool as hell :lol:
JD

Post by JD »

At least with S30s, they seem to have received every possible swap under the sun at some point, so hopefully there will be some knowledge and hardware out there to make it a bit easier. Such a good base for a swap.
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Erm... well... it would seem I have a car.... It wasn't planned at all, but these things have a habit of creeping up on you when you're guard's down :lol:

Not a Z, or anything like that. That will have to wait for another time, but it will come :wink:

In the process of formulating long term plan for it...
Gullzter

Post by Gullzter »

SHOCKED! :shock:
Not :mrgreen:

Is it another Mule or just something for a bit of fun?
Ben

Post by Ben »

:-k
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
shane34
Premium Member

Post by shane34 »

What could creep up on you without hearing it? Prius?

Hmmm do tell or we will think it's one of the above
pistol pete

Post by pistol pete »

think what a prius would look like after he had finished with it!!!!
Jaspa
IMOC Moderator

Post by Jaspa »

pistol pete wrote:think what a prius would look like after he had finished with it!!!!

:thumleft:
[url=
http://www.roadandtrack.com/motorsports ... -super-gt/]Clicky for article[/url]
I asked God for a bike, but I know God doesn't work that way. So I stole a bike and asked for forgiveness.
Magic Beans

Post by Magic Beans »

Sorry, loads on at the moment. Proper write-up later, but for now..

The only lemons and barley powered car I'd consider (currently) is a Tesla. There's a chance they might be on the co. car list next time too.. But no, not a Prius :lol:

It will be Mule VI, which now means eventually there'll be a Mule VII. Probably a Mule VIII too, knowing how things tend to pan out when I get bored 8-[

My approach with this one will be different from previous cars. The end results should be good, if what I see in my mind's eye is anything to go by :)

More later when I get home and download what's in my head!
Ben

Post by Ben »

:bounce:
2001 BMW M5 (Bahnstormer) | 2004 RX8 231 (the Racecat) | 2001 Volvo V70 (Swedish eBay barge)

Previous:
1989 MR2 Mk1b T-bar | 1988 MR2 SC Super Edition
JD

Post by JD »

I am excited. Also to hell with Tesla. Home brew electric all the way. Just think what you could do if you put your mind to it, Phil.

Return to “Member Profiles”