TOTB VII (2008) - "Team MR2"

Reports and Feedback from MR2 related events

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

royashmr2

Re: TOTB VII (2008) - "Team MR2"

Post by royashmr2 »

Better to have to many. We posted an 11.3 at the weekend. And the traction controll is on its way. :D
michael

Post by michael »

Updated list...

Michael Greensides - "Greeny"
Nick McCann - "Freefall"
Ian Worrall - "iangts"
Larry Vallot - "larry93"
Roy Ashby - "royashmr2"
Nathan Freke - "Century Motorsport"
Michael Commons - "mikejc" (forms pending)
Xxxx Mirza (possibly x2 cars)
Chris Huntley - "gtschris" - drag car
Chris Huntley - "gtschris" - circuit car
Simon Lockyer - "lockys96"

Collected forms will be given to the TOTB organisers early next week, if anyone wants to join (SimonW!) or drop out please say something asap.
splashnatz

Post by splashnatz »

sounds like it'll be a really strong line up ! looking forward to watching this. with TC on it's way, i guess roy's gonna be gunning for 10's as well as many of the others. good work on getting team mr2 organised mr canny !
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

I have heard that Chris had a bit of an incident in his track car at the weekend...might be worth asking if the car is still enterable! :shock: :o
T
michael

Post by michael »

tonigmr2 wrote:I have heard that Chris had a bit of an incident in his track car at the weekend...might be worth asking if the car is still enterable! :shock: :o
T

To be honest that's probably a good thing (not for him) as we could do with limiting him to one car.
gtschris.com

TOTB

Post by gtschris.com »

michael wrote:
tonigmr2 wrote:I have heard that Chris had a bit of an incident in his track car at the weekend...might be worth asking if the car is still enterable! :shock: :o
T

To be honest that's probably a good thing (not for him) as we could do with limiting him to one car.

I had a fairly heavy roll with the circuit racing car at pembrey on Sat.

The car is pretty much totally destroyed, so limiting won't be a problem, anyway - if you were going to limit us runing two cars you should have said before the entries for me an Andrew we sent off.

PS- For our team captin to say the destruction of gtschris's circuit racing car is a "good thing" is a bit bonkers considering it was the fastest MR2 around the TOTB handling circuit last year.
www.gtschris.com
tel: 01670 737080
mob: 07786070103
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Re: TOTB

Post by tonigmr2 »

gtschris.com wrote:
I had a fairly heavy roll with the circuit racing car at pembrey on Sat.

The car is pretty much totally destroyed,

Really sorry to hear that, I had heard it was quite an incident. Always gutting when you get damage.
Rgds
T
michael

Post by michael »

You know what, I wrote a reply to this and attempted to explain things and how it looks as though you've taken my words the wrong way but f*ck it, I can't be bothered with this any more, its not worth the hassle.
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Come on Michael chin up mate you did a sterling job last year and I am sure it will turn out to be better again this year,

There is a load of us coming to support Team MR2 and we appreciate all the effort put in.

There are guys coming from Northeast Supra scene to watch Mr2's kick ass.

I am sure everyone involved competitors and spectators alike appreciate all your efforts.
royashmr2

Post by royashmr2 »

Sorry to hear about the car Chris. But every one should pull 2gether. Don't wanna be standing by our cars not talking.
mr2readster

Post by mr2readster »

Sorry to hear that chris, hope your ok buddy must have been a horible experiance, I'm sure with time you could rebuild that beast, will see you @totb.
Michael, come on buddy we are sooo grate full for what you are doing in organising the team mr2, don't let little things get the better of you, same for you chris, let move on lads and get spirits high for whats up ahead.
Sh :-# t happens, but you should carry on :eye: 8) .
gtschris.com

totb

Post by gtschris.com »

michael wrote:You know what, I wrote a reply to this and attempted to explain things and how it looks as though you've taken my words the wrong way but f*ck it, I can't be bothered with this any more, its not worth the hassle.

If that’s an apologise for your clumsily wording – then I accept no hard feeling.

It was not my intention to stir up any bad feeling, if fact previously in years gone by I have been one of the guys standing up for Michael and was one of the first to say a job well done last year + thank him for his hard work.

The atmosphere last year was brilliant and I am sure this year will be even better.
:D
www.gtschris.com
gtschris.com

totb

Post by gtschris.com »

Moving forward:

As things stand right now, Andrew (who works here at gtschris ltd) entry is still in for TOTB (aswell as my entry in the drag mr2 car).

Two options:

1. Andrews entry is with drawn
2. Entry stands (we will pull the stops out and rebuild the dam thing, already had a few messages from of the north east locals offering to come and help in there spare time).

Can we have a decision from the captain or if he prefers put it to a vote so the other team entrants can decide.

Let us know what to do and we’ll do it, its about the team mr2 doing well and gaining as many points as possible.

Guys time is short we need to know asap.

Regards,

Chris
www.gtschris.com
michael

Post by michael »

The following forms were sent to TOTB today - special delivery to arrive the day before the cut off for entry, the tracking number is ZV626415386GB and Royal Mail are con artists, £4.60 for a single envelope:

Michael Greensides - "Greeny"
Nick McCann - "Freefall"
Ian Worrall - "iangts"
Larry Vallot - "larry93"
Roy Ashby - "royashmr2"
Nathan Freke - "Century Motorsport"
Simon Lockyer - "lockys96"

Xxxx Mirza - forms posted direct to TOTB, should arrive today.

Chris Huntley - "gtschris" - drag car - forms posted direct to TOTB*
Andrew Robertson - "gtschris" - circuit car - forms posted direct to TOTB*

*Confirmed receipt with TOTB

Michael Commons - "mikejc" - I can't get hold of him, does anyone have a contact number? Forms sent but lost, requested he send direct to TOTB now but not heard back and not arrived

Simon W / YVS - "Guest Driver" - showed interest, awaiting confirmation of entry being sent.

That's 10 cars with forms sent / received, mikejc was desperately keen but has been away for a while I think and the YVS car chap hasn't replied to me since asking where to get forms and things (this weekend).

Personally I'd like to see all cars there but we have 10 places, we have the GTSChris car that's currently out of action with the potential to come back and a couple of other guys on the list with possible issues.

Everyone needs to get their heads together and decide what we do now, I help things along but I'm not a dictator, it's a team entry and as such I'd like feedback from the team please.

If anyone isn't 95% sure they can be there on the day but they have a form in now is the time to shout up about it, it could free up a space for someone else.

We also still need helpers on the day so if anyone wants to lend a hand with looking after timing, helping with spanners, pushing cars, lending general support etc please make yourself known - I might have a ticket to give away at some point as I'm not sure I'll be there on the day now.
SevenR

Post by SevenR »

I've got my ticket lads!! \:D/
Looking forward to this, all these crazy 2's ripping it up.

My offer to lend a hand with anything I can is still there. I'll be down in the general area on Saturday afternoon, and in the place as early as I can. I've PM'd Michael my number. :salut:

Graham.
Leakie Tbar

Post by Leakie Tbar »

Michael / Gents I would be more than willing to help out in anyway I can I was going to be planning bringing my Huggggggeeeee BBQ for food anyway,

But I can bring a van full of tools ect for those guys traveling jack,stands ect maybe compressor aswell windy tools

Let me know

Kev
Ryan.g

Post by Ryan.g »

Leakie Tbar wrote:Michael / Gents I would be more than willing to help out in anyway I can I was going to be planning bringing my Huggggggeeeee BBQ for food anyway,

But I can bring a van full of tools ect for those guys traveling jack,stands ect maybe compressor aswell windy tools

Let me know

Kev

Good man to have around with Tools :thumleft:

Ryan
ancient mariner

Post by ancient mariner »

evening all,not much use on the spannering side (unless it's passing them :lol: ) but am willing to help out as a goffer,or in any form filling etc.paul.
lockys96

Post by lockys96 »

this is strong coming from you mic,

im 100% still in there, but you know my issue
greeny

Post by greeny »

Ryan.g wrote:
Leakie Tbar wrote:Michael / Gents I would be more than willing to help out in anyway I can I was going to be planning bringing my Huggggggeeeee BBQ for food anyway,

Let me know

Kev

Good man to have around with Tools :thumleft:

Ryan

So i hear :whistle:

Im 99% there lads :thumleft:

As long as it doesnt break in the meantime :lol:

Return to “Past Events”