thai boxer wrote:
Lauren wrote:
thai boxer wrote:
= kiss goodbye to over half a grand!!

= own about 4 games worth playing.

:thumleft:

Typical reply.

Truth hurts doesn't it! :mrgreen:

Well it might, it might not. But as i have tried to point out (and which you have subsequently edited out), it is not the truth!
2020 GR Yaris - Circuit Pack :lover:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Re: XBOX 360 IS xxxx

Post by oukie »

You tell em lauren :twisted:

I only paid 400 for mine and that was with 2 games and a bluray film :thumleft:

Not to mention all the things you get as standard ie wi,fi hd player to name the main , all extras on the 360 :shock:

cue 360 v ps3 war round 38 :lol:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

oukie wrote:You tell em lauren :twisted:

I only paid 400 for mine and that was with 2 games and a bluray film :thumleft:

Not to mention all the things you get as standard ie wi,fi hd player to name the main , all extras on the 360 :shock:

cue 360 v ps3 war round 38 :lol:

:lol: :lol: :clap: Its round 39 actually! Bring it on b1tch!! :mrgreen:

It must just be your mates Oukie, my Elite is damn quiet, can hardly hear it and far quieter than the normal 360's.

I bought my PS1 2days before it came out in 1995!! £310 with 2 controllers and Wipeout! What a game!

The console f**ked up after a few months, got another one, that f**ked up too but would work if you played it upside down! :lol:
Pain is temporary, pride is forever.
nakamura

Post by nakamura »

But lets face it all console suck now compared to the old days, games are just so samey and dull now........sigh.
Andy Jones

Post by Andy Jones »

My missus managed to get my 60gb with 3 games 2 bluray movies and an extra sony sixaxis for £400

And the only reliabilty issue on my PS2 has been dead lasers. It has never locked up/froze/over heated. My original PS i never had a problem with but my almost 7 year old PS2 is on it's 5th laser :shock: But after installing HD loader and a 160gig HD the laser doesn't get anywhere near the abuse anymore and the last ones been in a couple of years.

This is my only worry with the PS3, When the BR lasers start packing up what's Sony attitude going to be and how much are they going to set you back if the customers are left to foot the bill???

I think the PS2 is a fantastic machine and the only thing it lacked was a homebrew scene like the xbox making it a full media station. I agree that it didn't have as many original and ground breaking games like the PS1 brought and has suffered many years of sequels but the majorty of them have been worthy.

GTA, Iko, Dropship, Devil May Cry, Jak & Daxter, Shadow of the Collosus, God of War, SSX, R-Type Final, Gauntlet, Baldurs Gate, Auto Modellista, Burnout, Call of Duty, Killzone (getting into it now), Black, Onimusha, Prince of Persia, Ratchet & Clank, Sky Odyssey, Adventures of Cookie & Cream (a real shame they never followed this up), Stuntman, Darkwatch, Rogue Galaxy, Okami, FlatOut, WDL Warjetz, Gradius V, MTX Mototrax (a small handful of my faves and games that are fresh to the PS2)

EDIT: Back on topic, Not one of my mates has had their pre-elite 360 die on them yet, Strange that. One has froze a few times but his lad does come home from school then spend the entire night on it with his mates on either R6LV or COD4 so it does get hammered constantly
Engine rebuilt by: Steve Horrocks & Andy Jones
Engine mapped by: Ryan@2bartuning (330 bhp & 325 lbft @ 1.4 bar)
Current Status: F****D :(
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Must admit, i never had a problem with my PS1, though after 8 years my stepdad reputedly reported that it is no longer working. Though i did get it second hand!

My PS2 is still going strong after 6 years (friends have had it for the last 2 years). Never had a problem.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

nakamura wrote:But lets face it all console suck now compared to the old days, games are just so samey and dull now........sigh.

Wouldn't say that mate! We didn't have games like Gears, Bioshock, COD4, Halo's, Half-life's etc etc back then did we...I know the technology just wasn't there and games were made for playablity, but there's a lot of amazing games out there atm, and sooooooooo many more to come! :twisted: \:D/
JohnnyC

Post by JohnnyC »

thai boxer wrote:
JohnnyC wrote:Image Replaced With URL For Quote http://www.tech2.com/media/photogallery ... 50x360.jpg

:+: :tongue: :thumleft: :thumright: :cheers: \:D/ :mrgreen: :razz: 8-) :bball: ;) :eye:

= kiss goodbye to over half a grand!!

= own about 4 games worth playing.

4 games is more than enough, wish I could afford nearly £200 on games :(

Between 1995 - 2000 I went through 2 PS1s, the double speed CD drives weren't the best :neutral: But my PS2 is still going strong from 2000
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Just out of interest Thai, have you not seen the adverts for PS3 40gb at £299?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

my ps1 lasted for ever infact its still up my loft, fair enough the lazer was week but even at 10 years old i figured out how to tweak the lazer.
my ps2 only died once when me my mate and bro decided to stay up for 3 days straight playing gta 3, quite funny really because just when we decided to go to bed i reached over to switch it off and it turned its self off and never came back on.
3/4 of my xbox ones died but i managed to fix those 2 and 2 of them are still going strong.
ive had 4 xbox 360's due to the rrod.
ps3 hasnt even crashed or froze on me yet and its still quiter then my friends elite.
fair enough the elite has 120 gig hdd where as the ps3 only has 60gig but when u can put any size hdd sata or ide in the ps3 mines currently at 350 gig
but id still play the n64 over any of the games now they're all just pretty games with no good game play:(
Last edited by H3RB on Wed Dec 12, 2007 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thai boxer

Post by thai boxer »

Yeah I have. Heard they were having problems with the 40's though?
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

thai boxer wrote:Yeah I have. Heard they were having problems with the 40's though?

Really? I haven't heard that.
Bender Unit

Post by Bender Unit »

but id still play the n64 over any of the games now they're all just pretty games with no good game play:(

Golden Eye and Mario 64! Awesome! If you have a PC and a copy of Halflife 2 then there is a mod pack which means you have Golden Eye on the PC but with Multiplayer! Looks just like the 64 version!
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

yeah i have that mod lol golden eye source its called i think.
but it was just so much fun playin it with ur mates every day, also wwf no mercy was the best wresting game ever made lol i think everyone liked wrestling when they were 13 lol
Driftlimits Performance
IMOC Affiliated Company

Post by Driftlimits Performance »

Well, I've got a brand new xbox 360, which was then modified by a board member \:D/ (thank you mate I love you!) and now I get all the games a month before the come out through the post. DIVX dvd's the lot. And ALL the Microsoft Anti Tamper measures are still fully intact, and it still goes online :thumleft:

The dude that did it is a true genius! PM me if you want some details 8)
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

Skywalker wrote:Well, I've got a brand new xbox 360, which was then modified by a board member \:D/ (thank you mate I love you!) and now I get all the games a month before the come out through the post. DIVX dvd's the lot. And ALL the Microsoft Anti Tamper measures are still fully intact, and it still goes online :thumleft:

The dude that did it is a true genius! PM me if you want some details 8)

should of asked me to do it i could do with some moohlah lol
i cant justify the £40-£50 for a new game and like u said getting them a few weeks before they hit the stores is a bonus :twisted: :thumleft:
oukie
IMOC Organiser

Post by oukie »

Hope your right thai as im getting the gf a 360 elite next month and if its noisey ill just do my nut , or turn up the stereo and blast the plast(er) :twisted:
Mk1b White T-bar SC 1987, Mk1b White coupe Jan90, Mk1b White coupe Jan90 (spares), Mk1b Mica blue T-bar Mar90, Mk1b Mica blue T-bar,full climate control,Jan90, 5 mk1's :)
mikee66

Post by mikee66 »

I've played my elite maybe a dozen times :( and i think a big part of it is the controller! I hate it!

I'm interested in modding the elite actually but i don't wanna get busted by microsoft, also what happens if i get the 3 rings? Do i still get a replacement?
H3RB

Post by H3RB »

mikee66 wrote:I've played my elite maybe a dozen times :( and i think a big part of it is the controller! I hate it!

I'm interested in modding the elite actually but i don't wanna get busted by microsoft, also what happens if i get the 3 rings? Do i still get a replacement?

mike pm if u need details or want it done :thumleft:
wes

Post by wes »

i think you'd find it at 279.99 now
speaking of wipeout the new wipeout hd is exclusive to ps3 while the xbox 360 has got fatal inertia #-o excuse me while we all laugh
then theres haze exclusive to ps3 made by part of the team that done goldeneye and timesplitters and we all know about goldeneye

theres only to games that make me ticked of thats gow and ace combat

Return to “Games Consoles”