Elise 111R vs MR2 turbo

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

jonno

Re: Elise 111R vs MR2 turbo

Post by jonno »

Aidy wrote:blah blah blah, more annoying drivel, blah blah, my cars better than your car, blah blah blah, I have loads of racing experience, blah blah blah, i am fantastic, blah 4wd blah awd blah evo, blah blah blah, why am I still subscribed to this forum if the MR2 is so rubbish, blah blah blah, ohh, i remember why its because my life is so dull i have to entertain myself by acting clever on internet chat forums, blah blah blah.....so (I) can tell you with some authority that the EVO is a far more rewarding drive :D

By involving you mean you can overtake golf turbo diesels on the motorway and still listen to Radio 2 in your EVO :)
Forever Feels Like Home, Sitting All Alone Inside Your Head...
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

jonno wrote:By involving you mean you can overtake golf turbo diesels on the motorway and still listen to Radio 2 in your EVO :)

No, I mean I can overtake rubbish MR2s whose owners wish they could have an EVO but can't afford one :tongue: \:D/
jonno

Post by jonno »

Aidy wrote:
jonno wrote:By involving you mean you can overtake golf turbo diesels on the motorway and still listen to Radio 2 in your EVO :)

No, I mean I can overtake rubbish MR2s whose owners wish they could have an EVO but can't afford one :tongue: \:D/

As with most things, if I had wanted an EVO I would have brought one, but as Clarkson says, there is only one thing that can ever make an EVO cool.......breasts! I dont think he meant your man breats either :)
shafster

Post by shafster »

jonno wrote:there is only one thing that can ever make an EVO cool.......breasts! I dont think he meant your man breats either :)

PMSL

having said that, i think it's true with the amount of wonga jonno has thrown at his 2, he could easily have bought any of the jap monsters.... including a skyline r34 gtr
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

jonno wrote:As with most things, if I had wanted an EVO I would have brought one

Yeah, that's just was I was saying on a Ferrari forum the other day ;)
jonno

Post by jonno »

Aidy wrote:
jonno wrote:As with most things, if I had wanted an EVO I would have brought one

Yeah, that's just was I was saying on a Ferrari forum the other day ;)

Just how many forums do you need to be on to make your life worthwhile? :)

Go outside and do something less boring instead!
rh8

Post by rh8 »

got to say i'm with jonno on this one :D think if your gonna call him a liar AND slate mr2's you might be best staying on your ferrari forum =D> :wink:
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

jonno wrote:Just how many forums do you need to be on to make your life worthwhile? :)

Just this one is fine :) I used to subscribe to the local insane asylum forum as well, then realised that I could kill two birds with one stone and just come here where people think that the Mk2's handling is on par with an Elise :D
michael

Post by michael »

:) :P :shock: :? :) :D 8) :lol: :cyclops:
EarL

Post by EarL »

Aidy wrote:
jonno wrote:Just how many forums do you need to be on to make your life worthwhile? :)

Just this one is fine :) I used to subscribe to the local insane asylum forum as well, then realised that I could kill two birds with one stone and just come here where people think that the Mk2's handling is on par with an Elise :D

...tell me if I'm wrong here, but:

1. You're on an MR2 forum
2. You own a Mitubishi Lancer (same shape as kids draw when they're 3 years old)
3. Your trying to tell everyone that it's better than an MR2 (when the likes of MikeJC have already conceded that in real terms, it's faster point to point).

Have I missed something? :?
Sable Grey 2004 MkIII Roadster

Once an MR2 owner, ALWAYS an MR2 owner!
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

EarL wrote:1. You're on an MR2 forum

So? Loads of folk on here don't have MR2s.

EarL wrote:2. You own a Mitubishi Lancer

Thank you for the bulletin from The Department of the Obvious.

EarL wrote:3. Your trying to tell everyone that it's better than an MR2 (when the likes of MikeJC have already conceded that in real terms, it's faster point to point).

No I'm not.

EarL wrote:Have I missed something? :?

Everything, so it would seem :)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

No you haven't, Aidy is and always has been this annoying :D

You'd be better off arguing green with violet spots is the new black, LOL.

:clown:
T
michael

Post by michael »

tonigmr2 wrote:No you haven't, Aidy is and always has been this annoying :D

Some call it annoying, others call it amusing.... it's cheap entertainment either way :)
tonigmr2
IMOC Committee

Post by tonigmr2 »

Well I wouldn't argue with that assessment, heh heh
:clown:
T
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

EarL wrote:
1. You're on an MR2 forum
2. You own a Mitubishi Lancer (same shape as kids draw when they're 3 years old)
3. Your trying to tell everyone that it's better than an MR2 (when the likes of MikeJC have already conceded that in real terms, it's faster point to point).

Have I missed something? :?

Aidy has never been the same since we took him to the Irish all those years ago and he had to share a cab back with my short skirted housemates. He'll freely admit it i'm sure. :P
shafster

Post by shafster »

Lauren wrote:Aidy has never been the same since we took him to the Irish all those years ago and he had to share a cab back with my short skirted housemates. He'll freely admit it i'm sure. :P

im sure that is the reason for him becoming unhinged.... would probably have the same effect on most of us here on imoc too i would think :mrgreen:
Aidy

Post by Aidy »

Lauren wrote:Aidy has never been the same since we took him to the Irish all those years ago and he had to share a cab back with my short skirted housemates. He'll freely admit it i'm sure. :P

Now come on Lauren....bet you spat coffee all over your keyboard when you read about someone saying the Mk2 was on-par with an Elise in the handling dept ;)
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Aidy wrote:

Now come on Lauren....bet you spat coffee all over your keyboard when you read about someone saying the Mk2 was on-par with an Elise in the handling dept ;)

Well yes for sure an elise is in a different league entirely handling wise, if someone said they were on a par, i'd say they don't know what they are talking about.
Bry

Post by Bry »

Aidy wrote:

One last time as you obviously have the memory of a goldfish,a standard MR2 is no match for an Elise but my particular car was more than a match for that particular Elise :lol: After experiencing the Lotus it got me thinking about what fun a Modded VX220 turbo might be :twisted:
Watch out OZ here I come !!
Lauren
IMOC Committee

Post by Lauren »

Bry wrote:

One last time as you obviously have the memory of a goldfish,a standard MR2 is no match for an Elise but my particular car was more than a match for that particular Elise :lol: After experiencing the Lotus it got me thinking about what fun a Modded VX220 turbo might be :twisted:

Bry, you want to try the Blink S1/2 Elise with the CTR K20A engine and nitrons. 350bhp/tonne, its very impressive.

Return to “Driving Experiences”