Raybrig headlights

Forum For IMOC Group Buys

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Turbo-G

Re: Raybrig headlights

Post by Turbo-G »

Count me in, although ive also been added to the MR2OC group buy, just waiting for clarification on their price though and also whether it includes bulbs and delivery etc. I read the forums everyday so will remove my name from the group buy which is the slightly lesser deal when the detail is confirmed from the other party.

1. Leeroy - Guildford, Surrey
2. Slarty - Barking, Essex.
3. Gary ST165 - Salisbury, Wiltshire
4. Kenny-Boost
5. monkeymax - Berkshire
6. cantfindausername - Crawley, West Sussex
7. deadhumancollector - Swansea, South Wales
8. Turbo-G - Tamworth, Staffordshire
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Monkeymax, well TCB import their's from Japan. They buy them in for around £30 per unit and sell them on for £40. They have offered £2.50 reduction to us on each unit, meaning they only make £7.50 per unit which is not very much, hence why they couldn't discount any more.

I'll see what the general concensus is by the time we have some more peeps added and we'll go from there. I've not imported from Japan before so don't know the ins and outs, nor how additional taxes etc apply.

I'll re-iterate that I will need full payment upfront before any order. 2Crooky knows where I live so I won't do a runner, although my folks have just got a place down in Cornwall so perhaps I could :-k :lol: :-$

Would appreciate everyones' opinions.
monkeymax

Post by monkeymax »

Leeroy wrote:Monkeymax, well TCB import their's from Japan. They buy them in for around £30 per unit and sell them on for £40. They have offered £2.50 reduction to us on each unit, meaning they only make £7.50 per unit which is not very much, hence why they couldn't discount any more.

No problem. Thanks for sorting this out though, I guess some discount is better than none (and I was gearing up to purchase a set from TCB at some point in the future anyway).

Even at 7.50 profit, that's still a 20% profit which isn't bad - particularly when they know for sure that they're getting 20 units sold (10 pairs) which is 150 quid profit straight off - not bad when someone else is doing the legwork for you (of getting the customers together)...

Edit: I just want to point out that this post wasn't meant as a dig at anyone - I know how difficult it can be for small independant traders to make a bit of profit so I have no problem with how much TCB are charging - as I said, any discount is better than none.
Last edited by monkeymax on Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
__Nick__

Post by __Nick__ »

hey, if its a straight swap between old and new....then i'm in! Not up for cutting things :shock:
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Nick, AFAIK UK spec cars WILL need to have the rear part of the headlamp cut out, since they have a beam adjuster fitted. Imports 'should' be fine though, I can't confirm this 100%...

This image is courtesy of PeteJ, hope you don't mind me posting it here. You can see where it's been cut - the black recessed and curved plate.

So it appears the person organising the MR2OC GB is getting them for £70 exc. bulbs and exc. P&P, and they are bought from abroad.

We could get them from TCB who have them in stock for £88.10 inc. VAT and inc. bulbs, but exc. P&P. TCB are where PeteJ bought his so we know they are good.

I can try to get the price down more when we have the final list of peeps. At least we can round down the total cost of all the sets, I'll make sure we can get that at least... I would imagine I could push £88.10 down to £85 for sure which is about a 10% saving overall...?
Last edited by Leon. on Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
__Nick__

Post by __Nick__ »

Thanks for the reply bud, mines uk - so you can count me out.
sorry!
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Ok Nick, understand...

4. Kenny-Boost
5. monkeymax - Berkshire
Turbo-G

Post by Turbo-G »

Payment up front is fine by me also. Are the bulbs uprated at all over standard ones? I will most likely be going the HID route myself once I become a little more flush so it doesnt matter an awful lot. But for me I seem to be attracted by the fact that bulbs are included in this GB over the OC gb at this stage.

Once the list is complete and you send the order out what do you think the lead time will be like on this?

Oh btw just for clarrification, clear lenses for me please 8)
Gary ST165

Post by Gary ST165 »

looks like lots of extra hassle of "self importing via Japan" on a group buy basis.

not too bad for an individual ;)

...i'm expecting delays waiting on other forum memebers etc, payment for P&P, re-distribution within UK + bulbs + import taxes etc...... just seems its hardly worth the effort? >>> Count me out of this option

I'm happy to join a group buy from Trevor @ TCB, because i know his customer service is good, and will have no problems in case of returns/warranty etc.

If it all takes too long, to get the names down and pay then i will just go ahead and buy direct from TCB. Can't be ar$ed waiting on others for the sake of £5. christ thats a drop in the ocean towards the running costs of a GT-Four.

p.s For reference purposes, Trevor @ TCB charged £94 delivered inc for the last group buy in Dec 05 on the gt4oc (based on 10 pairs being sold= approx 10% discount)

p.p.s if anyone wants geigh blue halo (but very cheapo) cystal lights try this link:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... Track=true
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

okey dokey, another update.

I am going to buy from TCB as I don't want to risk anything going wrong from overseas suppliers and shipment when I'm dealing with other peoples' money. The difference you'll pay at the end like Gary says is minimal anyway. If anyone is not happy with this, please remove your name from the list below.

FYI the GB for the GT club was slightly cheaper because the price of the units has now gone up so Trevor can't import them for that price anymore. He's a good chap from what I can tell and seems honest.

Turbo-G, answers to your questions:

1. All headlights are clear, none are tinted blue. The colouring can obviously come from the bulbs though, esp. with HID and 6000k bulbs.
2. The bulbs supplied with the headlights are standard Halogen bulbs 60/55W
3. The lead time is 24 hours from when I place the order with payment. It will be a single payment from me once I have everyone's money in.

For 10 orders the price is as above for the units i.e. £88.10.

For 20 orders the price comes down a little more to £85.78.

Don't forget postage is on top depending on how we sort that, a max. of £10 on top.

4. Kenny-Boost
5. monkeymax - Berkshire
Last edited by Leon. on Thu Jan 04, 2007 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Well at least he's sticking to his story of the unit price, cos I tried sorting a GB on these a few weeks back.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

cantfindausername wrote:Well at least he's sticking to his story of the unit price, cos I tried sorting a GB on these a few weeks back.

Ok cool, what happened with that, I vaguely recall it?
Turbo-G

Post by Turbo-G »

I think I recall reading on either this thread or the MR2OC thread that PeteJ mentioned getting Raybrig xenon bulbs with his order from TCB or am I just getting confused here? When do you expect to have the stock to despatch once the order is placed? Also are you going to hold out for 20 persons or is the order ready to go through v soon?

Sorry for all the Qs Leeroy :)
injury_ian

Post by injury_ian »

4. Kenny-Boost
5. monkeymax - Berkshire
9. injury_ian- West Molesey, Surrey
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Turbo-G wrote:I think I recall reading on either this thread or the MR2OC thread that PeteJ mentioned getting Raybrig xenon bulbs with his order from TCB or am I just getting confused here? When do you expect to have the stock to despatch once the order is placed? Also are you going to hold out for 20 persons or is the order ready to go through v soon?

Sorry for all the Qs Leeroy :)

No worries.

1. I was told by the supplier they are standard halogens as per my post above so that's what we'll be getting.
2. The stock is ready and waiting for payment.
3. 10 at the moment, its easier to manage and the saving for 20 is not worth it IMO. Can do another later though.

So one more place and I'll phone up to get final price of postage and you guys can sort out payments.

Do cantfindausername and injury_ian want to pick theirs' up from me at an impromptu Guildford meet? It would save about £6 each. Anyone else is welcome to join, or each set can be sent individually...
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

Yeah mate that will be cool.

I'll stick a set on for Ninas car so that gives us the 10 to get things moving. :D

4. Kenny-Boost
5. monkeymax - Berkshire
10. cantfindausername - second pair cos I'm greedy like that.

There disn't seem a good enough saving to warrant a GB last time, people seemed to want to go it alone.

Oh, I think they offered postage discount rather than discount on items.
***RIP Car13 ***
*** Now in an Evo ***
Gary ST165

Post by Gary ST165 »

just posted a link on: http://www.gt4oc.net/viewtopic.php?p=619854

might get some further interest from ST165's and ST185's

4. Kenny-Boost
5. monkeymax - Berkshire
10. cantfindausername - second pair cos I'm greedy like that

p.s i'm off on holiday tomorrow for a week, so ideally would like to ring Trevor in the morning and place an order giving payment details etc.
doeboy

Post by doeboy »

heres mine from the previous group buy on the mr2oc.

jus to give you an idea of what they look like when fitted.

they are a straight swap on imports but require some mods to the housing on the uk ones.

not sure bout the mk1's, they go on but i don't know if the housing needs to be modded

hth 8) cough cough plate for sale :mrgreen:
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

Gary ST165 wrote:just posted a link on: http://www.gt4oc.net/viewtopic.php?p=619854

might get some further interest from ST165's and ST185's

4. Kenny-Boost
5. monkeymax - Berkshire
10. cantfindausername - second pair cos I'm greedy like that

p.s i'm off on holiday tomorrow for a week, so ideally would like to ring Trevor in the morning and place an order giving payment details etc.

I wish people could read :tongue:

I'm taking all payment first Gary, then paying Trevor with one payment, its cheaper for him and therefore gives us more discount. We won't get a discount if he has to pay credit card charges etc.

I'll call tomorrow morning for a final price based on 10, but can do another no probs if other clubs are interested, or they can do it themselves. Payment options to me wil be personal bank cheque, personal building society cheque, cash paid into my account etc. No cards obviously and no Paypal but I'll tell more tomorrow...
Leon.

Post by Leon. »

cantfindausername wrote:Yeah mate that will be cool.

I'll stick a set on for Ninas car so that gives us the 10 to get things moving. :D

Well she will be pleased!

Perhaps it didn't go so well because it was you organising it? 8-[

Return to “Group Buys - MR2 related”