Mikejc V's Mark Edwards

Tales of driving experiences you have had.

Moderators: IMOC Moderators, IMOC Committee Members

Mikejc V's Mark Edwards

Mikejc to win
53%
Mark Edwards to win
47%

Total votes: 34

CosmosblueMR2

Re: Mikejc V's Mark Edwards

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Hello Mike and Mark... long time no speak... it's Frank - he of rather loud custom zorst and nos :-)

Sorry I've not been in touch for ages... I'll explain next time we all meet..

So the 19th - has this been and gone yet ?

Mike I saw your car when i took mine in to get it repaired (yes the old purple monster - I overcooked it on a corner.. well it was snowing - i should have known better I know I know... :-(

that turbo of yours was rather large to say the least - and I was there looking at it (and no i didn't sabortage it ;-) when a guy came in to give your old one a new home - do you get paid for that - they sold it for £250...

and Mark... I'm still planning to go "tubby" - I'm moving house soon hopefully and with extra money i want to finally have that experience for myself when you took me out in yours.... I'm still grinning even now !!!

Yes everyone - my first ever Tubby experience was in Mark's beast !! - talk about ease me in gently ! haha..

as for who'll win ?....
that was one big turbo I saw / stroked and purred ;-)

and Mark needs to improve his starts and not get bogged down again !

So all in all I vote for Mark... because as he says he has no respect for that gearbox.. I should know I've followed him up the strip a couple of times haha :-)

I'll see you boys around soon I hope.. keep up the good work on those great cars - who knows one day I might actually be able to have some horses of my own over 200.... rather than 186 and the odd occasion when I filp my red button pull 1.1 g in first - that's all I can claim I'm afraid :-)
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Hi Frank.

Was real sorry to hear about your car taking a whack!!! Indeed I did know about the turbo being sold. Infact that 250 will be going towards the fitment of the new turbo :D

As for your vote being cast in the direction of Mark, I can only call you a traiter! :lol: :wink: Just to help you become a believer I might even let you ride shotgun in my car when going head to head. That way you can look out of the back window and tell me what Marks face looks like whilst being beaten! :shock: :twisted: :lol:

Mikejc
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Unfortunately Mike, you're not allowed passengers on the strip, so Frank won't be able to watch me smoke you from your car. :lol:

Good to hear from you again Frank, hope you're well and hope the car is now too. Mines quicker now than it was at mr2004 and when i get it back next week it'll be even quicker!

How's your's going Mike? Any more news yet?
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

Many hold up's along the way but it would seem that i'll be getting it back mid next week with any luck. Believe it or not they have only worked on the car for one day so far. The rest of the time has been spent waiting for verious parts to be fabricated. I'm told that once all that's needed has arrived, it will only take one maybe one and a half days to complete! Fingers crossed all will go according to plane? Time will tell :?

Mikejc
AM TUNING

Post by AM TUNING »

i know both your cars but i say the winner will be mark ,

mainly becuse the fact off the diff, light flywheel , and i know that cluch takes a beating also after repairing his gearbox last time i know what his gear changes are like,

im saying this but in mikes profile it says nothing about cluch,,,

mike , if u launch hard enuf to provent bog or lag i recon your cluch will fry,,,
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Hi Mike and Mark !

me again... just wanted to let you know the Purple Fishtailer is back on the road :-)

if Westfield do as good a job on your Turbo fitment as they did on repairing my car then you will NOT be unhappy Mike !... I'm probably just about as fussy as you and I am really happy with the resulting outcome / workmanship. ( i now have a front end again !)

So when is this challenge anyway ? is it in Feb ?
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Yes, the 19th. You going to join us and see me waste another rev3 Frank? :D
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

Hi Mark... yeah I'll come up for festivities... you all going up in convoy ?

I promise to stay someway behind so as not to deafen you - that's my excuse - that and 130 bhp less than you ! :cry:
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Should be meeting up along the way as usual yes. It'll be a bit more than 130bhp by then too. :D
CosmosblueMR2

Post by CosmosblueMR2 »

yeah ok rub it in why don't you ! :oops:

if I EVER manage to get mine converted - house sale pending - then I will delight in finally being able to come within 100BHP of you mark - but by then you will probably have strapped a jet engine on the back !!

I see the voting is getting closer now ! - the tension builds !
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Voting is getting closer now isn't it. :D

Who's opening a book on it on the day then? :lol:
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

So Mark, you made 274bhp @ the wheels and 283bhp ft/Ib @ the wheels @ 1.3bar, after having the new Motec fitted :)

So even before i've had the new turbo and fueling mods fitted I still have more power than you @ 1.2bar! 8)

This is going to be easier than i thought :P :twisted:

Mikejc
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

No, it means i've got somewhere around the same as you have now. We'll both have to get on the same dyno at sometime and compare that way. Do you know if Chris is still thinking of doing another dyno day at engine advantages or not?
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

I think he's been trying to sort something for early March....Chris?

Ps, you had to run more boost than me to get even close to my power :P :lol: :wink:

Mikejc
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

Yes but remember you have a 20bhp head start on me anyway being a rev3.
stevel

Post by stevel »

Who is taking the bets, i will put £10 each way on Mark
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

But now you've removed one of the biggest differences between our rev's...no more air flow meter :wink:

Mikejc
Hedgehog Dodger

Post by Hedgehog Dodger »

At first I did say Mike, but now I am betting on Mark.....Mike I need to see RR results from you fella!

:)
Mikejc

Post by Mikejc »

To date I have 293 bhp @ the hubs and 284 ft/Ib @ 1.2 bar. In this spec I had fueling issues too :(

The new GT28 and uprated fueling should all be up and running in time for the tuning session booked in at Thor for this coming Wednesday :D Will let you all know the results as soon as poss :wink:

Mikejc
Mark Edwards

Post by Mark Edwards »

i see the voting is tied at the mo Mike, you worried yet!? :D

Return to “Driving Experiences”